Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS 5 reveal next month??

TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member
Okay, BIG NOTE: NOTHING HAS BEEN CONFIRMED - SPECULATION!

So, there's a speculation that EA/Maxis will reveal the next game in The Sims Franchise on the livestream next month. According to the article, they will only reveal the game with its release date being still far away (don't expect to play it soon in other words xD). What do you think ? I'm pretty sure that TS5 is still far away but i wont be surprised if they just *tease* it like "we are working on the next gen of the sims and it's 3-4 years away" or something like that (+ a short clip being the reveal/tease). What do you think ?

Side note: I know that whenever the sims team announce "future news" we jump on the sims 5 train but I would like to see what you guys think this time around :)

Article: https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/714863-the-sims-5-reveal-likely-coming-in-october-says-insider-jeff-grubb
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    Blue_Jay_2003Blue_Jay_2003 Posts: 17 Member
    Not sure that I am ready for a TS5 yet lmao, TS4 has been too close to my heart lmao.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I fear that if they wait much longer with TS5, the interest for the series will fade away. Looking at this forum, the influencer videos or the click numbers of the reveal trailers, I have the impression that this is already happening fast. Some weeks ago I went to my retailer and was shocked that for the first time in 100 years no TS game was in the German PC games Top 10. The terrible economic crisis in Europe will do the rest.
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,929 Member
    I also read about the 'rumors' and the brainstorming with AI, imagine making a sim with your own pictures ! Huh :wink:

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-sims-5-news-multiplayer-rumors-and-everything-we-know
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited September 2022
    The more I think about it, the more likely it seems that we might get something during the Sims Summit.

Sure, they could make the game free because they want to increase their players, but the people that are interested in the sims would probably have bought the game anyway, so the more players they will get are people who don't play the sims or did not want to buy the base game for different reasons. And that doesn't sound like a player base that will stay around for long and buy a lot of DLC for several years.

I mean, if money was an issue for these people, how likely is it that they will spend $800 or whatever we are on now on DLC for a game that they were not really interested in buying in the first place?

And oh yeah, if the Sims Summit will be about them making the game free, then why talk about it there? The people that will play the game for free are most likely not going to watch the summit anyway?
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,929 Member
    Isnt it The Sims 4 anniversary soon... if i was a gambling man, id bet on that date ! The fact they make it free is too make more sales on the packs im sure. Then soon after, the next version should get out ! And the TS4 packs will fly like hot cakes once the game is available for free, also bringing in more new simmers !
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    They will announce ... the 3-month roadmap for TS4.

In 2021, VP/GM Maxis :
    Now we talk about them lasting ten years, 15 years, or more.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    As much as I'm excited for a Sims 5, I'm not gonna get my hopes up. There's probably gonna announce some new Eps and GPS or something. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif