Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,863 Member
    Update 09/13/2022
    PC: 1.91.205.1020 / Mac: 1.91.205.1220
    Console: Version: 1.64

Hello, Simmers!

This update resolves a few issues including the one of the game not saving under certain circumstances. Happy Simming!

- The Sims Team

Bug Fixes

The Sims 4

Children, teens, young adults, and adult Sims who blow out the candles on their cake now should age up reliably. Happy birthday! We still are investigating the problem for toddlers.

High School Years

Feel like you are going backwards in time after visiting the Thrift Shop? It turns out that some mods were preventing the game from saving. We’ve made the store more accommodating to external content. We have seen some of you who do not play with mods reporting this problem. If you continue to encounter the issue, please let us know on AnswersHQ.

Eco Lifestyle

Freelance Crafters can now send fabricated items via “Send to client for approval…” from computers to complete the “Send your finished work to the client” career task.

Seasons

Sims trying to get indoors during a blizzard now walk appropriately. Stay warm!

Get Famous

DJs and Mixologists no longer leave their booth unattended when a Celebrity attempts to build up Fame through “Perform <scene> for Tips” or Dance Battles. “Starve your distractions; feed your focus.”

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1003365/groundhog-day#latest

• alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    That's, uh, a short list. 🧐
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,632 Member
    That's a list with some glaring omissions that I find to be frankly unacceptable.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Yay for the crafters.
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    edited September 2022
    I try not to get angry because it's just a game. Really, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter all that much.

However.

I'm kind of mad this time. Not just kind of, really mad. What the heck was the purpose of this patch? It didn't address or fix the bugs that are breaking the game for so many. Groundhog Day was not the result of "external content". I have multiple packs now that I have purchased and can't use. How is that acceptable?

I have so much more to say but nobody is interested in a wall of text so I'll just leave it at....

This patch has infuriated me!

ETA: Fix the wants/fears. If I turn it off, it needs to stay OFF!
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    Yeah, for ages Sims were walking during blizzard as if they needed to pee. Nice it was fixed. 👍🏻
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,332 EA Community Manager
    That's, uh, a short list. 🧐

This patch was primarily pushed out to address the "Groundhog Day" issues as soon as our fixes were approved.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited September 2022
    Good that they (hopefully) fixed the groundhog day bug (the issue with the game going back in time after visiting the thrift store).

But wants and fears need to be fixed and tuned. They affect the game too much.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The absolutely worst current bug is Sims-not-running.
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 908 Member
    I try not to get angry because it's just a game. Really, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter all that much.

However.

I'm kind of mad this time. Not just kind of, really mad. What the heck was the purpose of this patch? It didn't address or fix the bugs that are breaking the game for so many. Groundhog Day was not the result of "external content". I have multiple packs now that I have purchased and can't use. How is that acceptable?

I have so much more to say but nobody is interested in a wall of text so I'll just leave it at....

This patch has infuriated me!

ETA: Fix the wants/fears. If I turn it off, it needs to stay OFF!

Game or not, no matter how small it seems... I'm sure you have spent A LOT of money on this game as have I and millions of other people so I definitely think you have the right to get mad, whether anyone else agrees/disagrees, feels the same way or not... when we've spent close to $1,000 on something I think any of us have the right to feel anyway we want about it.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    eh

I was not having any of these issues so I will play offline and won't update yet

Fix Copperdale please so persons living there don't appear homeless or squatting in another empty lot
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    well patch is a patch just have to look for new issues we have varied sizes of fixes so I'll take something over nothing.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    So how bad is this update? Any new bugs or issues? I am afraid to update after this summers mess. I hope the option to turn off fears gets fixed soon.
    aujineh wrote: »
    eh

I was not having any of these issues so I will play offline and won't update yet

Fix Copperdale please so persons living there don't appear homeless or squatting in another empty lot

Huh?

Explain? I haven't heard of this before and I've been contemplating moving a sim there. Right now the world lays barren and empty, waiting for me to build lots and make sims to live there. Am I wasting my time? I don't understand how they appear homeless or as squatters.
  • TheGrandTourFanTheGrandTourFan Posts: 33 Member
    > @EA_Cade said:
    > This patch was primarily pushed out to address the "Groundhog Day" issues as soon as our fixes were approved.

Whoever "approves" your "fixes" isn't doing a very good job at that. People still can't play the game.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    edited September 2022
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    So how bad is this update? Any new bugs or issues? I am afraid to update after this summers mess. I hope the option to turn off fears gets fixed soon.

From what I've read there doesn't appear to be any new bugs or broken features. But, I waiting to update because the word is wants and fears weren't fixed, they still turn themselves back on. And still no acknowledgment that it's a problem, that I'm aware of at least.

If it has been officially acknowledged and a fix is in the works my apologies. I just want them to stay off when I want them off. I want that more than I want bands, a singing career, or any other new feature.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Are the following bugs still an issue? Sims aging up too quickly, and camera zooming in to any sim changing the color on their cell phone?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Are the following bugs still an issue? Sims aging up too quickly, and camera zooming in to any sim changing the color on their cell phone?

Not for me at least in my game. The phone usage was toned down in the previous update. My only want right now is to be able to turn wants and fears off properly.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Any new bug implosions from this patch?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    Well this patch is disappointing. It seems very odd to me that the devs haven't/won't fix the wants/fears option remaining switched off, especially since this issue has been around since the preliminary patch before HSY released. Personally I didn't expect anything different at this point given some of the bugs in this game go back years. Back to building I guess, the game is no fun to play when you have to constantly go into the menu to turn something back off.
    edited September 2022
    Jade47 wrote: »
    Well this patch is disappointing. It seems very odd to me that the devs haven't/won't fix the wants/fears option remaining switched off, especially since this issue has been around since the preliminary patch before HSY released. Personally I didn't expect anything different at this point given some of the bugs in this game go back years. Back to building I guess, the game is no fun to play when you have to constantly go into the menu to turn something back off.

I just found out yesterday that there is a bug involving spellcaster children that goes back over two years. I haven't made a spellcaster child from two spellcasters in CAS in about that long so I didn't know. The vampire eye skin details shows up on the children and will not come off. There is no option to remove it. You have to either keep randomizing the child till it's gone OR if it's born in game and this happens, you have to remove the spellcaster trait and then put it back with cheats. (No, it's not a CC issues. Yes, there is an open thread at HQ).

Ridiculous.

That bugs like this have yet to be fixed. There are so many that go back years and nothing, no fixes and no communication about them.

Yes, I'm still mad about this last patch and it's billowing over into other things about this game that I'm fed up over.

ETA for clarification: It's teens. When you age them to teen or older, then the eye details appear and cannot be removed because EA fixed this bug by removing the GUI but not the actual bug. So...bug still there...no option for the player to remove it. Awesome.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    I can't dowload it. If I click on download it opens a page where I have to put my payment information (credit card number, etc.)