Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Sept 13 and Oct 11, 2022 Patches

Comments

• KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    feevee wrote: »
    Hi! Did someone else having this screen?
    I put off all the tmex and werbesu ui cheat…
    It’s surely a script mod because my game it’s fine when it’s disable
    I will have to do the 50/50 😭to find out. I hope someone will have a clue about it.

3hya3zc3d1j8.jpeg

I discovered the mod causing this issue in my game after doing the 50/50 method was "King_Zace_15ClubsPerSim".
  • feeveefeevee Posts: 257 Member
    edited October 2022
    feevee wrote: »
    Hi! Did someone else having this screen?
    I put off all the tmex and werbesu ui cheat…
    It’s surely a script mod because my game it’s fine when it’s disable
    I will have to do the 50/50 😭to find out. I hope someone will have a clue about it.

3hya3zc3d1j8.jpeg

I discovered the mod causing this issue in my game after doing the 50/50 method was "King_Zace_15ClubsPerSim".

Thank you sooooo much!!! 😍😍 I was planning doing it tonight!
    I will try it ! (It’s working!🥳)
    Post edited by feevee on
  • CamberCamber Posts: 4 New Member
    TOOL v2.6.3: 10-11-22 Update

https://www.patreon.com/posts/tool-v2-6-3-10-73225807
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Hi @luthienrising came back from a holiday yesterday, only saw that my game had an update when I made a requested baby outfit and sims4studio updated as well as my mods were disabled when I loaded my game. I will test all my mods now and update you if they are still working, I know the baby outfits are LOL I had to test the outfits I made :D Brb ....
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @Katiardguez Of course it was!
    @Camber Got it already :)

Broken Mods
    • 15 Clubs Per Sim (King Zace)

Cleared by Creator
    mods by YourFalseHope, Lumpinou
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I've seen more reports of skin and skin overlays being broken in live mode - possibly some skin cc are broken since the update. If someone with some insight into the code can check if something changed, or it's just fluke glitches, that would be useful. Either way, something isn't working - even with removing all other cc, repairing the game, deleting cache etc.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I am back :)

I have good news too, everything is still working ;)

Baby clothes and Baby bottle
    VV1ecjP.png
    yffDRAt.png

Long and short french tip nails
    MTHQ1LN.png
    Kr47vWr.png

Buyable debug digsite, frog log, selvadorian digsite and selvadorian treasure chest
    sTDAmc9.png
    Straw and skull terrains
    0SsRmpR.png
    E2NeerA.png

Invisible animal shed, both my original and also the modified one by KyriaT_Sim is still working
    4Muv1Oj.png
    edited October 2022
    Thanks, @Aine. I'll drop a query over on Discord to confirm too. For you, is it all of them or just some?

Broken Mods
    • Dark Mode UI (Dskecht)

Cleared by Creator
    mods by mcrudd
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited October 2022
    @Jyotai Head over to Discord for support.

I got an error report on it and paid attention this time.

Twistedmexi's exception report thing claimed my freezing is a known bug:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Mortimer-has-hidden-cloned-skin-detail-LUIE-on-removal/m-p/11516309
    <?xml version="1.0" ?>
    <root>
        <report>
            <version>2</version>
            <sessionid>a4b5dd72196541663470390</sessionid>
            <type>desync</type>
            <sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku>
            <createtime>2022-10-12 20:50:49</createtime>
            <buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.92.145.1030-1.200.000.574.Release</buildsignature>
            <categoryid>(AS)widgets.CAS.Customizer::CatalogPanel</categoryid>
            <desyncid>a4b5dd72196541663470390</desyncid>
            <systemconfig/>
            <screenshot/>
            <desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
        at widgets.CAS.Customizer::CatalogPanel/NotifyRemovedParts()
        at widgets.CAS.Customizer::CASCustomizerMain/HandleRemoveSelectedParts()
        at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch()
        at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage()
        at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage()
        at widgets.CAS.SimContextMenu::ContextMenuRenderer/RemoveSelectedParts()
        at widgets.CAS.SimContextMenu::ContextMenuRenderer/OnBtnRemoveClick()
        at scaleform.clik.controls::Button/handleMouseRelease()
    rtim=943052
    ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata>
        </report>
    </root>

An odd one to be thrown to given that the entire Goth family, along with most other premades, does not exist in my save, but I went with the assumption that the error that person had with Mortimer was happening with one of my own sims.

However not a single sim in the household that triggered that had any skin detail that I could find.

So... The exception handler mod itself might be the cause if it's having a crash in moments where it mis-matches exceptions.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
    edited October 2022
    @Aine, could you do a test on a new save, nothing else installed, with a recent CC item? Discord haven't seen many reports or gotten anyone to fully isolate. Or head over to one of the servers? They'll know why :) Also, could it be this? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Applied-skin-details-are-not-saved-removed-after/m-p/11715702#M227317
  • szanne7777szanne7777 Posts: 43 Member
    Hi @Jyotai below is a link for @TwistedMexican / TwistedMexi's Discord Server (it is an Invite code) - you can take your BE report there and drop it into the #be_exceptionreport_here and the bots and mods will help you figure out what is happening in your game. They are super helpful!

https://discord.gg/GrxHgrn
  • laurendaniel926laurendaniel926 Posts: 2 New Member
    Is anyone else having an issue where any CC/mods that are in a subfolder are not showing up? When I put files into the main mods folder they show up, but nothing can be in a subfolder. Naturally this is causing a lot of script mods to work since they use folders. I have so many files and don't want to have them all just thrown in one folder.
  • laurendaniel926laurendaniel926 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @laurendaniel926 said:
    > Is anyone else having an issue where any CC/mods that are in a subfolder are not showing up? When I put files into the main mods folder they show up, but nothing can be in a subfolder. Naturally this is causing a lot of script mods to work since they use folders. I have so many files and don't want to have them all just thrown in one folder.

I ended up just removing my whole Sims folder and let a new one generate and everything seems to be working fine. Not sure what the issue was.
  • NinjaminNinjamin Posts: 6 New Member
    Is there any other mod for more traits in cas? Since the More Traits in CAS (thepancake1 and MizoreYukii) is broken. can't find a replacement
    edited October 2022
    @Aine, could you do a test on a new save, nothing else installed, with a recent CC item? Discord haven't seen many reports or gotten anyone to fully isolate. Or head over to one of the servers? They'll know why :) Also, could it be this? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Applied-skin-details-are-not-saved-removed-after/m-p/11715702#M227317
    @luthienrising
    I've tested on a new save, with only this cc installed. I get that older cc might stop working - which is why I wanted to know if there's anything they've changed that might've caused that, possibly how to fix it. I know there was an issue with textures after the warewolf patch, but the fixes aren't finding anything wrong with these particular cc - so I'm not even sure it's the cc that's the issue.

I could try making another new save, I guess.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • LoreaLorea Posts: 243 Member
    Ninjamin wrote: »
    Is there any other mod for more traits in cas? Since the More Traits in CAS (thepancake1 and MizoreYukii) is broken. can't find a replacement

We just have to wait for the update.
    @Aine It's really weird. A support person on Discord says that they've got a CC default replacement skin that's fine. And it's almost always those that die first. Which one is dying for you? Maybe someone here can test it (I can't fit in any testing today).

Mod Updates
    Cleared by Creator
    • mods by Triplis
    • map replacements made/updated after July 26 (confirmed by Scarlet)
    edited October 2022
    Mod Updates
    • Hobby Traits (KiaraSims4) - Loves Darts, Loves to Swim, Lyricist, Makeup Lover, Master Baker, Mischievous, Mountaineer, Movie Lover, Party Planner, Photographer's Eye, Pizza Lover, Programmer, Researcher, Seducer, Soccer Lover, Space Lover, Spa Lover, Stargazer, Sweet Tooth, Tea Lover, Techie, Woodworker, Yoga Lover
    Cleared for the Patch
    • Samlish - Increased Vampire Invasions
    edited October 2022
    @Aine It's really weird. A support person on Discord says that they've got a CC default replacement skin that's fine. And it's almost always those that die first. Which one is dying for you? Maybe someone here can test it (I can't fit in any testing today).

@luthienrising Ok now it's getting weird. I'm thinking this particular sim is cursed.

First I tried a recent skin overlay and it still wouldn't stick, then I made a new sim in the same save and no didn't work on the new sim either.
    Second thing I made a NEW save, with a new sim and skin overlay works! Okay I thought, must be the save that is weird. I put a copy of the sim I had trouble with in the new save, but then the skin overlay didn't work! Confused I made another new sim for the new save and skin overlays work fine! Went back to the old cursed sim, and skin overlay still won't stick on her. I'M SO CONFUSED.

I tried to see if there's something that is different with the cursed sim, but I tried using the same outfits to try with, I removed other skin details etc. But the cursed sim is cursed and the even the old skin overlays work fine on the other sims I made. What in the Horton hears a Who is going on here...! :s

(Btw, I am using skin default replacement, but it doesn't seem to affect anything, as that was the first thing I removed when I started trouble shooting, then I put it back, but how could it work on one sim and not the other? )

Long story short: I thought I had broken CC, but apparently my sim is cursed?
    Allons-y!

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Aine wrote: »

@luthienrising Ok now it's getting weird. I'm thinking this particular sim is cursed.

First I tried a recent skin overlay and it still wouldn't stick, then I made a new sim in the same save and no didn't work on the new sim either.
    Second thing I made a NEW save, with a new sim and skin overlay works! Okay I thought, must be the save that is weird. I put a copy of the sim I had trouble with in the new save, but then the skin overlay didn't work! Confused I made another new sim for the new save and skin overlays work fine! Went back to the old cursed sim, and skin overlay still won't stick on her. I'M SO CONFUSED.

I tried to see if there's something that is different with the cursed sim, but I tried using the same outfits to try with, I removed other skin details etc. But the cursed sim is cursed and the even the old skin overlays work fine on the other sims I made. What in the Horton hears a Who is going on here...! :s

(Btw, I am using skin default replacement, but it doesn't seem to affect anything, as that was the first thing I removed when I started trouble shooting, then I put it back, but how could it work on one sim and not the other? )

Long story short: I thought I had broken CC, but apparently my sim is cursed?

Is there any chance the sim it isn’t working on is a mersim? The skin details on them are really glitchy right now.
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Hi @luthienrising! From cursory testing, I can confirm that all my mods are performing as expected.

Many thanks!
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
    @QueenMercy It doesn't show as a mersim in CAS, so I doubt it, unless that's glitched too.
    Allons-y!

Mod Updates
    Cleared by Creator
    • mods by Aldavor
  • NinjaminNinjamin Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Lorea said:
    > We just have to wait for the update.

:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top