Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like an "Elementary School Days" Expansion?

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
edited September 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
As the title says...

I wouldn't mind an expansion in regards to elementary school for the child life stage. o:)
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Would you like an "Elementary School Days" Expansion? 72 votes

Yes
36%
crocobauraEvvieSimmerLaBlue0314GoodywoodMsMayyesme88simonggoodcakebaker62barracuda1574KiaraSims4ModsPlumbobCrossingphantasmkissrachelwolfeMoonCrossWarrior22Lucy_Henleycrazycat_135SERVERFRAtelemwillFlikka_FlikkaAzukiMochi 26 votes
Yes
4%
ChadSims2L33tP33tNWmollie1998 3 votes
Justine Keaton
22%
Sara1010PMichelleWAnmirlahellohannah2FinvolaSweetieWright_84SelinaKylescyncieMDianaSimsColton147147RedShoe7DaniRose2143OEII1001SimmingalDaWaterRatDeeSimsGirl 16 votes
Most Definitely
8%
SheriSim57Briana2425sarabeth2984LucaslovesgamesFatTribble23BoujieSimmer 6 votes
This isn't a No option
29%
LeGardePourpreimhappyelanorbretonSavorySagealanmichael1zagboorulesBabykittyjadeSorak4EnkiSchmidtlunaodditymusteniBlueR0seHopeyStarrVivi_WillowTreeChicklet453681grassharpplumboy23ArarineElerilebgirl_18 21 votes

Comments

• phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Yes
    The high school pack definitely made teens more interesting, so yes.

I know there's a Parenthood pack, but as a single parent, I don't need that kind of stress. Less attempting to instill morals, more playing dress-up in treehouses, please.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Justine Keaton
    I follow my sim to college. I follow my sim to high school. I'm not sure that I want to follow my sim to elementary school. I'm sure that there are plenty of people who would, and I don't want to rain on their parade, so I voted for Justine.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited September 2022
    Justine Keaton
    Personally no because there is enough packs about school in game already I'd rather have different themes

would not mind base game updates tho to make kid lifestage bit more like ts 1/2/3 with boarding school options n such
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Yes
    I voted yes, as long as you have the option to either join them or send them on their own. It and high school are not something I would want to play every single time, but once in a while.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    Justine Keaton
    I don’t play families. I just came for Justine.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    NO. No more packs before EA fixes their buggy game. :no_mouth:
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Like what they did for high school? Yeah that’s be cool to have all the stages of life with school like that.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Justine Keaton
    While I like HSY, I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around how they would approach an Elementary school pack.

Sure, there is some "drama" with elementary school kids, such as staying away from the kid who eats paste, but I'm not sure how they would handle it.

I do think it would be cute, if done right but I just don't see what elements they would add to make it fun.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited September 2022
    Most Definitely
    I would love it!

But, I don’t want clubs that are rabbit holes. I want them to be able to do after school activities in the pack like ballet and karate, being able to throw a baseball to each other or a parent.

I’d like them to have science projects that deal with things like frogs (base game), insects (outdoor retreat), rats etc. (My first pet stuff), like have them in the classroom, learn about them, go on a field trip to find and collect them (well the insects and frogs anyway). Maybe introduce a new pet like lizards and tarantula’s in the pack. I remember teachers having things like iguanas and tarantula’s in class while I (and my children) were in grade school. Have a science project (parenthood) and participate in a contest with it. Also, this would be a great time to add a small microscope. Learning math, like addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, maybe using flash cards for math. And reading, they could get extra credit by reading books and doing book reports on them. Another thing for them to study could be art, we already have all of those art desks in base game and many packs, and the clay. Perhaps they could add paper mache projects. Maybe a different class each day of the week. They could also introduce choir and band/orchestra, introduce some new instruments. That would make one different class per week, and a large recess/lunch. In an elementary pack they could drop tests, instead just have them spend a little time practicing one of the subjects for a brief time at home. And they should have an extensive recess, we already have the monkey bars, maybe they could add tetherball, 4 square, and hopscotch. Who doesn’t remember recess in grade school?? And for a base game update I would like chikdren being able to play things like tag, cops and robbers, marbles and jacks. If they added things like this grade school could be a really exciting time, and not a drag.

I do think like someone else mentioned though, that you should be able to join your sim, or send them alone.

Anyway, I think they could make a fantastic childhood pack adding elementary school, and some exciting things to do there.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited September 2022
    No, High School Years felt very lackluster for me. I don't have a lot of faith that they would make a pack where following our children to elementary school would be fun.

They need to show that they can make packs that are fun and also support the game better before I would buy something like that.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2022
    I would be on the fence and like some others I prefer they fix what they have up to 99% of the bugs before adding anything else and I also want new features that are worthy of a Sims game and have yet to see any produced.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited September 2022
    I would like a pack focused around children but not necessarily school focused. Perhaps a pack with hobbies for children and new playground equipment for children and toddlers.

As far as education goes, I greatly enjoyed discover university but I am not touching high school years. I don't like the social bunny and have no desire to follow teens to class. I don't mind rabbit hole schools. In fact I would like a rabbit hole kindergarten for toddlers or a rabbit hole boarding school (children go there during the week and come home in the weekend)
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,809 Member
    Justine Keaton
    One follow your brat kid to school pack is enough. I followed my one teen sim to school a couple of times but stopped because I keep wondering what my adult sims are up to. The kiddos went off to rabbit hole elementary and rabbit hole high, for so long I didn't really appreciate just how much that freed me up to get things done while they were gone. I mean, I knew I was getting a lot done while they were gone, but going to school with them for a day really put it in perspective. I'll follow my teen werewolf to school if I want to cause teen wolf mayhem, otherwise I'll spend the day with her moms and the other adults.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    This isn't a No option
    I have never had the desire for any school packs as I thought watching your simmies sitting at a desk doing nothing would be pretty boring... of course, it would be different if there were active classes, art, pottery/modelling clay, science experiments, PE, cookery etc. Kids proudly taking home things they have made to give to their parents. And a class story from the teacher at the end of the day. But never in a million years would EA give us something like that.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    This isn't a No option
    Another pack about following your sim to school? Yeah, no thanks, not one I'd buy. I'd much prefer a pack that was more kid activity focused. With kids being actual kids and doing things together, not just 2 sim kids doing the same thing at the same time but not really interacting with each while doing it. I sometimes feel like kids are just small adults with less things to do.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Most Definitely
    I wouldn't say an expansion pack but I would say an add on to education like let them also some fun stuff like feild trips, wearing pajamas at school day, hat day, first day of school pictures. Picture Day for both elementary and highschool. Would I want to follow them around school? No! I WOULD LIKE MORE GAMEPLAY FOR THE LOVE THAT IS ALL HOLY GIVE US MORE GAMEPLAY!!! IT COULD EVEN BE WITH KITS JUST PLEASE GIVE US MORE GAMEPLAY!!! (Sideeye) looking at whoever in charge of this franchise right now. Anywho I say bring lunch pails to school. Have a Void Critter Tournament.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes
    As a game pack not an expansion the majority of the systems needed for elementary have been done in high school and I don't see much they can add new besides playground equipment and games to play maybe improve on best friends. A pack like this would be really low on my list but I'd take it before anything supernatural.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • DeeSimsGirlDeeSimsGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Justine Keaton
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I follow my sim to college. I follow my sim to high school. I'm not sure that I want to follow my sim to elementary school. I'm sure that there are plenty of people who would, and I don't want to rain on their parade, so I voted for Justine.

Likewise. Why can’t we all have it all? … we need new game content creators
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    This isn't a No option
    Only if the focus is on the teachers. I'd love for my teacher sims to give lectures and take turns at playground supervision. There should also be field trips, parent-teacher conferences and home visits. Parenting skill should have some applications.
  • lebgirl_18lebgirl_18 Posts: 142 Member
    This isn't a No option
    It’s too soon to give an opinion. High school years was a bit of a disappointment for me. I don’t know if anyone else feels the same.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    No way!!

No way I do not want an "Elementary School Days", because that's not what I really want before 2022 will be over

Cause guess what? I see musical/stage performance-related words all over the build/buy features from High School Years. All I've been thinking about what the next expansion pack is gonna be is something musical, is because I wanted singers and bands, and what I like about singers and bands is that I want my sims to become singers or established their own bands. Just asking y'all very nicely, and if y'all want anything after something musical hints something about the next expansion pack this year, y'all should help me get my second favorite music back to The Sims 4 before 2022 is gonna end. Please simmers, we are all real here, y'all know better about how I want what I want, cause there are other black simmers I know who all enjoy hip hop and R&B very much like I do every months, days, and years ago, period

Questions? Let me know now!
  • rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    Yes
    I realize this is kind of necroposting, but I think this topic is still relevant. Growing Together is coming out soon and will add a ton more stuff for kids, which will address a lot of the desires people have already expressed here, but I still want an Elementary School pack. Unlike--apparently--every other simmer in the world, I DESPISE rabbitholes. I want at least the option to follow my sim around to EVERYTHING they do, and elementary school is one of the glaring exceptions to players having the option for either active or rabbithole experiences according to personal preference.

Plus, I think there's a lot of potential for an elementary school experience, especially if it involves active field trips. I'm envisioning something like the dialog that pops up when you ask a sim on a date, where it takes you to the world map and you decide where you want to take your class on a field trip. Then you could get a goaled event with activities based on what kind of lot you're on and the items that are there, so the player could design all kinds of custom group experiences for kids. This could come along with a museum revamp to make museums more interactive and interesting, maybe adding gameplay items like a planetarium dome or fancy aquarium-style fishtanks with new interactions. They could use the likes and dislikes feature to add interests, so a field trip might spark a kid's interest in space or reading or wildlife (frogs, fish, bugs if you have Outdoor Retreat, etc.), with different items you might view (at a museum or elsewhere) linked to different interests (perhaps reading the info stands at the Von Haunt Estate makes your sim to decide to like or dislike history, for example). These interests could be life-long and linked into the wants system, so that a kid who decides they have an interest in performing arts after using the puppet theatre might want to join drama club, then want to get a drama degree, then want to join the acting career, and same with any number of other life paths (telescope -> interest in space -> wants to do a rocket science project, get a physics degree, become an astronaut, etc.). Many of us tell those stories already, but having an in-game system for it would dovetail nicely with a ton of other already-released content, make the wants & fears system more meaningful, and add some unique gameplay to the child life stage while also affecting other ages, too. I would love to see something like that.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Gods, no. I like rabbithole careers and school - gives me time to deal with other things.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited March 2023
    This isn't a No option
    My phone just erased a mile long response I was about to post 😔😔 I miss the glitch here that wouldn't delete responses lol.
    Anyway, here is the short version. No.
    Highschool was great but it's not something I'd want for all ages.
    Child sims are at one of the best stages of life where you are wild and free without drama, burdens or worries, (speaking generally). I have two main child sims in my save that I play and while the older sims in the house are living out life's drama they are out exploring, looking for bugs, riding bikes (bike mod), building cardboard forts (I love building those in sims) creating hideouts and things like that. A dream pack for me in regards to kids would be just adding tons of interactions and fun stuff to kids to do!
    I was surprised how many people really don't play as kids much and I think this would really raise interest in playing because they don't have much.
    Things like jump rope, more playground equipment, piggy back ride, hand games, pool games, tag, hide n seek, fort building of all different types of cute little forts. Similar to how they did the tree house.
    More social interactions for them,
    Jumping on beds and couches, leaving beds messy, more games, hula hoop, ballet, gymnastics,traits like hyperactive, caregiver dependant dependant that are attached and follows around caregiver, tattle tail, bad kid that's always looking for mischief. (Traits would have better names of course).
    I could go on but you get the idea.

BTW I'm super grateful for what kids got in this new pack🙏 But compared to other sims (adults especially) they still need so much more and have so much more potential! (Let's not forget childish sims too😁😁)
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(