Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you show me your single, unmarried Sim with no kids? (Sims 3)

ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
To be honest I love making Single Sims, almost 100% of the time. I have them focus on themself not relying on others, building their skills and advancing their careers, so they don't have to be a level 7 cook to feed their kids good meals or have to use a high-paying job to keep up with the kid's spending. Do you agree on this? Do you like making single, 1 person Sims? If so, you can tell us your single Sim and what he's doing, his skills and career, etc. You can even, post screenshots of your single Sims!

(I AM NOT COPYING ANY THREAD, IN ANY WAY, AS I HAVE ABSOLUTELY ZERO INTENTION TO COPY. IF I AM COPYING A THREAD, YOU CAN REMIND ME, AND I'll ASK TO REMOVE THIS PAGE.)
I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited September 2022
    ~sigh~ all my sims I’ve made are attached in some way shape or form. Do “boyfriends or girlfriends” count as attached or are they still considered “single”.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    bobv2bobv2 Posts: 95 Member
    So I don't have a screenshot of my ultimate single sim, but I did upload her to the exchange a while ago. Usually I start with a single sim and play them to get their skills and career up there but then by about mid young adult or late young adult I get them married up. But this sim, Lily I believe her name was/is, I just kept her single, maybe the odd romance to spice it up but no actual relationships. I used ambrosia to keep her a young adult for ages and I just went about maxing out as many skills and careers as I could until I got bored. She had a huge fortune amassed by the time I did get bored and a whole lot of skills maxed. Eventually I saved a copy of her and let the original age up and have a family and what not, I moved onto another family and let nraas handle her progression.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I always start off with a single sim when starting, and always on a long life. For the same reason as you, I don't like jumping into the family life until I know my sims won't be burning down the kitchen when they cook. They never seem to have any luck finding their soul mate in the current town they are living so I usually send them off to Bridgeport to find their spouse, there are a lot of different prospects there. I have the NRaas mods that allow for this type of travel. My most recent single sim just got married, after playing her for seven sim weeks single.
  • Options
    ~sigh~ all my sims I’ve made are attached in some way shape or form. Do “boyfriends or girlfriends” count as attached or are they still considered “single”.

They count as not single.
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I went through a phase that lasted 2 or 3 years where I made households of 8 unrelated young adults and gave them skills. I didn't let them have families because I was not happy with the way my family trees kept breaking. So I'd play the household without doing much out of the house and when they had achieved lots of skills I'd stop playing that household and make another one. These days I have mods to fix the family tree issues and all of those highly skilled sims, or versions of them before they got any skills, fill my games as townies.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    OK… so far this sim is the only one I’ve made that hasn’t had a significant other. Teresa McMillan
    Teresa%2BMcMillan_Sims3.pngI just made her on a whim…way back when I had a computer.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    I always start saves with single sims, but they usually find someone to date within the first few weeks. :lol: But I've recently been trying to have them have more than one relationship through their lives, so they typically aren't married in the first sim year.

My current sim has been engaged, but broke up with that guy and is now dating a different guy. She didn't live with her first SO until they were engaged, and that was fairly short-lived. :lol: And she lives on her own now, so she technically isn't relying on her SO at all, but I guess she isn't "single" anymore so she doesn't count. :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Ruby Broke, my favorite single sim:

34213092921_c2b5b316c4_c.jpg

50931788311_7b5b243e59_c.jpg

52262030881_0b0b962faa_c.jpg
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    My sims don't live very long - usually around 80-90 sim days depending on what my settings are for any given save - so I don't have time to play single sims if I want to fit big families into their lives. I get bored when playing single sims. For me, a full household is the only way to go! I have had single sims at the start of a new save but they are usually married within a sim week.
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Yeah, I can, but she didn’t stay single for long. I’ll have to post a pic a bit later.
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    qzgcEbJ.jpg
    This is Emily Jones, the founder of my current family. At the time this picture was taken, she was a newly created, single, unmarried Sim. She was a witch but had zero magic skill since I made her one in CAS instead of her learning as a child or anything. She wasn't single for more than a week though, and has had over 100 descendants at least. Actually, most of the current living Sims in Sunset Valley can call her an ancestor, as she has been dead for at least 200 Sim days.
  • Options
    bobv2bobv2 Posts: 95 Member
    edited September 2022
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    I always start saves with single sims, but they usually find someone to date within the first few weeks. :lol: But I've recently been trying to have them have more than one relationship through their lives, so they typically aren't married in the first sim year.

My current sim has been engaged, but broke up with that guy and is now dating a different guy. She didn't live with her first SO until they were engaged, and that was fairly short-lived. :lol: And she lives on her own now, so she technically isn't relying on her SO at all, but I guess she isn't "single" anymore so she doesn't count. :sweat_smile:

So I am now thinking that I should change my lifespan to have a longer young adult and adult periods so I can do the same and have sims be more life like and date around more, sounds like a cool way of doing things.

I have to admit usually I try to cram a lot into my sims days, getting skills up, speeding through their careers, raising a family. So maybe extending the lifespan through the setting I could play way more chilled and 'real', use options like take it easy at work more often and not have to power through skills.
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    There are a few single sims with no children across my saves. I'll mention two of them from my Sunset Valley save.

Amena Alnunam
    oFPMWrD.jpg
    Date of birth: December 20th, 1998 (24 years old per December 2022 which is where my storys timeline is currently at).

Amena lives in Sunset Valley, a small coastal town on the southwestern tip of The United Kingdom of Simbria, with her nephew George whom she has legal custody over. They were both born in the city of Almoravid in a country known as Genaro Molokai. Before moving to Sunset Valley, Amena studied art at Almoravid State University, as she was more or less pressured to do so by her strict parents. Hence she holds a bachelors degree in art, and had just started on her masters degree when a terrible thing happened..

Amena has a very dramatic backstory to say the least, one that if completely written out could possibly get a Mature 17+ rating, so I won't go into to much detail...

Life wasn't easy when she first came to Sunset Valley, and she had a bit of a struggle, but eventually she find a new path for herself and joined the police force, hoping to make the world a better place by fighting crime...

8uGlQCb.jpg

One of her favorite past times is working out, as she wants to be as strong as possible for her job, but also as a means of self-defense...

Ingrid Kråkesen-Karlsen
    SSjmm0w.jpg
    Date of birth: February 18th, 2002 (20 years old).
    Ingrid is a third generation Sunset Valley sim. Her parents are Jonathan and Kathrine Kråkesen-Karlsen. She has one younger brother, Morten.

65ZbhRz.png
    Kathrine and Jonathan were not named on this family photo because of lack of space, but they are sitting on the bench directly above her. Kathrine with the black shirt and Jonathan with the grey tank top.

Ingrid is a snob, like her grandfather Egil and her aunt Helene. Ingrid works at the bottom rank of the political career. She is best friends with her colleague Lisa Bunch. She is also good friends with her aunt Helene. Ingrid is still a bit young and naive perhaps, and thinks she can change the world into something better by advancing in the political career and becoming a Leader of the Free World... Well who knows, maybe she is right..
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    That's really cool!