Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I become a werewolf?

GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
I know it should be obvious, but I can't figure out how to turn an already existing, non-occult sim into a werewolf through normal gameplay.

Spent about two sim days sucking up to the leader of the Wildfangs, Lou (I know it's supposed to be Rory, but she doesn't seem to exist in my game, and it also says the leader of the other pack is Lily Zhu, not Kristopher Volkov, so the Devil only knows what's going on there). After a while, he finally allowed me to become a friendly acquaintance of his pack, but the question "Can you turn me, pretty please?" just won't show up.

The internet suggests provoking Greg as an easier method. Been there, done that, but he keeps ignoring me so hard that I've started questioning my very existence, and always runs away from me. As a last resort, I tried cheats, and even though the plumbob changed, nothing else did, there wasn't even a werewolf form in CAS to look at, let alone edit.

So... Is the game bugged, or am I being stupid? Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Just checked out Kristopher's family in CAS and discovered that none of them have wolf forms. Now I'm even more confused. Aren't they supposed to be premade wolves? And if not, how is one of them the leader of a wolf pack??

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited September 2022
    I haven’t played a werewolf yet, but you are supposed to be able to ask them to turn you. Also if you wander the tunnels there is a chance someone will turn you…..is it possible you have a mod conflict? Maybe make friends with some and and then see if you can ask them to turn you.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    edited September 2022
    You can ask a werewolf with the Curse Bearer perk to turn you with the Cursed Bite (you might have to be friends), or you can lose a fight to a werewolf with Curse Bearer. It doesn't matter if they're a pack leader or not, but they have to have that perk.

With Greg did you click on the signs outside his house? I think you have to do that before interacting with him.

You can also get bitten in the tunnels. Pretty sure that's random.

edit: Looks like Kristopher, Lily, Rory and Greg are the premades who come with Curse Bearer. Lou wouldn't be able to do it then.
    gen3-banner.png
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    edited September 2022
    I did look at the signs outside Greg's house, but nothing happened. It was like looking at a painting, my sim just stopped for a moment, looked at them, and moved on. There were quite a few possible interactions with Greg, and my sim actually went through the corresponding animations as expected, it's just that Greg didn't react to him at all.

Mod conflict? Maybe, but that still doesn't explain why the premades don't have wolf forms in CAS. When I create a new save, they do have them, both with mods enabled and disabled. When I load an already existing save, however, they don't have them, and never show up in their wolf forms either, even Greg looked 100% human when I encountered him...
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited September 2022
    I did look at the signs outside Greg's house, but nothing happened. It was like looking at a painting, my sim just stopped for a moment, looked at them, and moved on. There were quite a few possible interactions with Greg, and my sim actually went through the corresponding animations as expected, it's just that Greg didn't react to him at all.

Mod conflict? Maybe, but that still doesn't explain why the premades don't have wolf forms in CAS. When I create a new save, they do have them, both with mods enabled and disabled. When I load an already existing save, however, they don't have them, and never show up in their wolf forms either, even Greg looked 100% human when I encountered him...

Yeah sounds like a bug in that save. Do you maybe use any special Custom Content that could conflict in that save? Did you try repairing your game through Origin if you use Origin?
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    edited September 2022
    Okay, whatever was going on in my game before, it seems to be fixed after repairing the game and removing some mods and cc. If the problem was related to the latter, I don't understand why it affected some saves even while mods were turned off, but not others, and the pack leadership in my existing saves is still messed up. But at least Greg now appears in wolf form, like he should, doesn't ignore me anymore, and my own sim finally became a werewolf thanks to him. So yeah, thanks, Greg!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited September 2022
    was just about to comment cheats at least worked for me with Annie Howell
    (she is nightbeast via birth so i didn't wanna go through with whole turning thing with her)

still trying to decide who i should take for a spin with this pack first tbh my save is mess atm

wish i had skillz to paint Annie Howell true pug
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Yay glad it worked!
    gen3-banner.png