Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question About Downloading Lots From The Exchange Without Having All The Listed Items

Hey, so I am pretty sure I have asked this before but for the life of me I cannot find the answer or remember it if I ever had it. So I am in the process of updating my old town, haven't played it in 2 years or more and need to make some changes. Among those changes are new lots, improved lots that suit my vision. I however suck at building and design so I download lots off the exchange, I pick ones without CC and run it through custard to check.

But my question is if I download something into the game that say uses into the future stuff, an expansion I don't have, I know the items will be replaced with similar ones from what I do own or there just wont be anything there at all, but will this cause issues with my game? I don't mind empty spots or out of place items, I just don't want to corrupt or break my game.

Back in the dark old days when the game first game out I remember being told downloading anything from the exchange without owning the correct packs would break my game, but I don't know if that is true, there was a lot of misinformation about in those days. Yes I have been playing on and off since launch but I still know jack s**t apparently.

Comments

• HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi @bobv2 :)
    I've never had any problems with my game breaking by downloading builds from the Exchange and not having stuff from the store or EP/SPs installed.
    It will influence the aesthetics of the build of course but should not cause any corruption to your game.
    So if you don't mind having a toilet appear on a patio instead of a hot tub for example ;) just enjoy picking, downloading and using lots you like the looks of ... there are some awesome builds about. (Good idea of yours to check them with custard though :) , as some bad CC can definitely cause undesired issues.)

• bobv2bobv2 Posts: 95 Member
    Thank you muchly, yeah I always use custard now when downloading anything from the exchange, made the mistake years ago of downloading without checking with custard and lost several games because of bad CC. I now don't use any CC ever, even if custard doesn't mark it as bad I just wont take the risk again.