Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First Fits Kit Now Available

13...Next

Comments

• CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    @DaniRose2143 @MoonlightGraham My gay sims also dress just like my straight male sims. I don't know any gay males in real life that dress like Izzy Fabulous so mine don't dress that way. I do have some male celebrities that are fabulous, I love them, they dress like Izzy Fabulous.

Funny thing about cargo shorts/pants. My spouse and son only wear those. So, the sims having them in game is very real (to my) life!

The ripped jeans! OMG, what's with the ripped/cropped/extremely high water jeans/pants for males? I don't see any men in real life (mine or walking around) dressing like that. Maybe to go out, they'll wear a nice pair of rolled jeans that are somewhat cropped, but not as everyday wear. It's cargos....lol lol lol.

Back to this kit, lol. I think the items look well made. I especially love that back detail on the crisscross shirt. My issue is that I want that top for my YA female sim. A lot of these outfits I can see my YA females wearing, they just don't really read child sim to me.

I know CC makers will go to town on these outfits and add the colors/patterns that are missing. I, however, don't use CAS CC. I have enough to deal with trying to keep all my mods updated, I decided years ago to ditch CAS/Build/Buy CC so I didn't have to worry about that as well.

Maybe I need to move sims back into San Myshuno, these outfits would fit them there. Right now, my townies live in 7 worlds and I try to match their outfits to those world (either in fashion/style or in temperature like why would you have your sims in colder weather outfits in Oasis Springs? They'd die of heat stroke wearing that suit jacket as everyday wear lol). Maybe Newcrest sims could wear those outfits? That's urban adjacent.
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    @DaniRose2143 @CarpeNocheSims My daughter and I found two or three pairs of CC men's jeans that we like, and almost all our men wear them. Lots of them wear khakis, and the cargo pants/shorts get a lot of use, too. And we dress Sims who live in different worlds differently, too. Our young San Myshunians are more fashion forward than the Sims you see around Willow Creek, for example.

I will probably buy the First Fits kit today, but like you, @CarpeNocheSims, I wish some of the things were available for Teens or Young Adults, too.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,811 Member
    edited September 2022
    @CarpeNocheSims @MoonlightGraham One of the biggest problems right now is the lack of diversity in styles. The quality of the meshes is really good, in some cases almost cc quality, but it always the same types garments. We have plenty of crop tops, cargos, hiking boots, and ripped jeans. I can lob the crop top criticism straight at the cc community too. I look at my cc collection and it's heavily slanted towards crop tops, but that's what is being produced and I never gave it any thought. I became blind to what was right in front of my face.

I sort of blocked it out of my mind until I started seeing it commented about on here and I took a step back and realized, yeah we are oversaturated with those items Those are great for stylish young adult females, but it would be nice to have better tees and blouses too. Most of the tees have this skater skirt flared hem that is really off-putting. But that's because creators can't seem to break out of this mindset that women's tops have to conform to our curves. From the under-bust down most tees, tunics, and such don't hug a woman's body, they hang loose but a lot of meshes try to have too much emphasis on highlighting waistlines.

Ripped jeans on men haven't been very common around where I live since the early-2000's. It's more faded, stonewashed effect, but whoever is deciding on these things in game is stuck in the past. I do love to give my ladies some ripped body hugging jeans as part of a super casual outfit, if it fits their personality. I choose fashions for my sims mostly on that basis, some on the weather, but I don't take rural or urban into account too much. Now that I think about it urban/rural isn't a big consideration for me because my sims are 99.9% urban right now. My werewolves are about the only ones who don't live in any urban world like San Myshuno, DSV, of even Tartosa. Tartosa is probably more vacation/resort versus urban area, but since it's not centered around nature like Granite Falls or Selvadorado I think of it as urban.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    @Hearts4u love the way you styled those outfits. If I get time to play today I'm going to create some outfits using the new pack and existing kids clothing. I don't usually pay much attention to little boys outfits but this pack has really motivated me.

@simgirl1010 ...Thank you.

The color choices they selected for this kit work really well with existing kid's clothing from base game and various other packs. Hoping they release a fun pack focused on kids and/or kids & toddlers some time in the near future.

TS4 is proving to have a long run; so, I'm looking forward to picking up many more family related packs and kits that interest me. :D
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue