Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Very Angry and Disappointed

2...Next

Comments

• sunnycakessunnycakes Posts: 75 Member
    > @Atreya33 said:
    > And then of course there is the fear of behind the scene changes which are not mentioned in the patch notes. I am specifically thinking of about adjustments to the age lengths which make the teen life stage too long compared to the toddler and child lifestage. I don't like this change but can't escape it, and the fact that the team doesn't bother to tell us is even worse than the change itself.
    Why. Just why. I never understand when ANY (and that means not just EA) video game studio or company changes something of their game (Which is perfectly fine by the way) and makes it worse. A few days ago Roblox changed their logo to look 100 times worse. I'm not saying that all change is bad, but the fact they didn't even address the change in height because they KNEW that they would receive critiscism, is just unbelievable, the whole point of the patch notes is to TELL THE PLAYERS ABOUT THE UPDATES, and they failed to do even just that.
    Be yourself; life is not about pleasing others, it's about pleasing yourself. Don't try to please others if it makes you uncomfortable. If others judge you for who you are, ignore them. If what you do makes you happy, continue.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited September 2022
    THIS is why we DESPERATELY need competition.

Sims 4 has no competition and the reason I'm still playing. Once ANOTHER game comes, I will drop this like a rock because of the way they've treated US all these years. They're gluttonous and happy on our money because we have nothing else.

But another game is coming and only then will that make EA spend money and fix things. By then it'll be too late and it'll suffer the same ending that Sims City did many years ago.

Yeah, it's the sad truth that they don't have much incentive to fix their game because "people buy everything we put out anyway". It's the money they care about so people should vote with their wallets, unfortunately that is way less likely to happen if there's no competition i.e. no alternative for this type of game. Therefore people are willing to put up with a lot of ill practises. Competition is very much needed for them to actually put more effort into their game.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Thrior wrote: »
    THIS is why we DESPERATELY need competition.

Sims 4 has no competition and the reason I'm still playing. Once ANOTHER game comes, I will drop this like a rock because of the way they've treated US all these years. They're gluttonous and happy on our money because we have nothing else.

But another game is coming and only then will that make EA spend money and fix things. By then it'll be too late and it'll suffer the same ending that Sims City did many years ago.

Yeah, it's the sad truth that they don't have much incentive to fix their game because "people buy everything we put out anyway". It's the money they care about so people should vote with their wallets, unfortunately that is way less likely to happen if there's no competition i.e. no alternative for this type of game. Therefore people are willing to put up with a lot of ill practices. Competition is very much needed for them to actually put more effort into their game.

So true, so true, so EA/Maxis will just keep churning them out and they get kudos every time on a faulty product like the bugs do not exist to them.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I am someone who loves playing my sims games, including Sims 4. I usually buy a pack/kit as soon as it comes out if I like and want it. But right now, with all the bugs we have, I am not playing at all with Sims 4. I miss it! But I won't play and definitely will not be buying any new additions for the game, until it is fixed! I am concerned when I do play I will not enjoy it as much with some of the decisions they have made, like the camera switching to a sim who just changed their phone cover. I want to control and play my sims the way I want to play, not the way the game wants me to play.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    All this is why:
    My main TS4 installation stops at University and does NOT have Seasons. When played it is unplugged from the internet.

My experimental installation, on a different machine, stops at Cottage Living, and probably a patch or two since as I played it occasionally after CL came out but before the next pack, and will be unplugged from the internet should I play it again. I choose to follow what happens on the forums and try to learn from the experience of others.

Even the thought of buying any more packs for this game has been banished. TS5 will need to pass strict criteria and careful reading of player comments before even being considered. A change in version number does not guarantee an improvement in either game quality or design philosophy.

As for the wants and fears, in TS2 they may be safely ignored at the players' discretion. If ignored long enough they re-roll in addition to the regular re-roll times. They do not impact a sim unless the relevant activity is actually done. So, if a sim fears the photo booth, I do not send said sim to the photo booth. I do not have the TS4 version due to the noted game status and am glad I do not. It sounds from the various posts that the TS4 version is a completely different animal than the TS2 one. And very unfriendly.
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    I'm definitely at the point now where my game is so broken, and so in need of mods just to be able to play (and there's still stuff that isn't working even with mods), that I absolutely refuse to purchase or download any more content until things are fixed. Free content? Thanks, but no thanks, fix the game first. Another occult game pack I've been wanting for ages? Thanks, but no thanks, fix the game first (and so on, and so forth).
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.