Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Very Angry and Disappointed

luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member
edited August 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I was really excited about continuing my new Wyrd Girls story. I was enjoying the current arc and was looking forward to seeing what kind of trouble I could get Miranda, Cassie and Gwen into. Now, I am so angry about today's "patch" that I don't want to touch The SIMS 4.

I've seen a lot of angry and frustrated posts from people, about how The SIMS 4 is completely glitched, how EA doesn't respect the community, how they rely on modders to solve their problems for them, etc. I admit, I wasn't bothered about it before. I was enjoying my game and if it was a little glitchy at times, at least I was having fun.

Suddenly, today I'm seeing it with different eyes. The failure to even address problems with Wants and Fears is somehow my line in the sand. I'm really not sure why. I don't even mean a failure to solve the problem. Simply to not even acknowledge it... to not simply say they're working on it but haven't fixed it yet. That, I find, to be disrespectful to the community.

I'm sure most people will ignore this post. Some will absolutely reply defending EA and saying I'm wrong. Others will probably reply agreeing with me or wondering why it took so long for me to open my eyes. Well, I'm not here to debate the point.

Truthfully, I'll probably play again. Eventually, I'll update Wyrd Girls again... but some of the joy will have gone out of it for me. Some of that love of the game died for me today.

So I'm choosing to post, to stand up as publicly as I can, as a small contributor to these forums, and say - I am very angry and disappointed.

Wyrd (fate) is all about choices after all. I choose not to be silent.
Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• cleo224cleo224 Posts: 87 Member
    I agree with you. I was very hopeful that this annoyance would be addressed, because it feels like they just keep pushing out broken content without even addressing issues that have been ongoing.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    edited August 2022
    @luciusstorm I understand your anger and frustration. My love for my sims themselves is what keeps me going, but I can totally understand why someone would get so upset that they walk away. I suppose I've become numb to this lack of addressing issues, it's been going on forever. Not just TS4, Isla Paradiso in TS3 was never fixed. Right now if I hopped in TS3 and went there I'd still be encountering the routing bugs. I wanted Wants and Fears fixed, but I wasn't even mildly surprised it wasn't. It doesn't mean I'm not mad about it, I just gave up expecting anything. I'm more angry at myself for jumping in blindly at every new update and pack in spite of the evidence.

I was shy about MWS and waited before diving in. When Werewolves came off with very little in the way of major glitches I dropped my guard and now I have a game where a sim rolled a want that would destroy the story, destroy relationships, everything I've worked to build. I wanted this stupid system because I wanted to experience something that threw back to what so many think of as the glory days of the franchise that I never got to experience. I rushed in and excepted that disaster of an update and now that story I cherish may be in peril.

Like I said before, I'm beyond being mad at EA and Maxis because I know I should exercise extreme caution. I chose new and shiny and I shoulder a lot of the blame for where things are with my game. Fool me once shame on them. Fool me repeatedly, shame on me.
  • Lavasm77Lavasm77 Posts: 31 Member
    I've never been one to complain about this game because I genuinely enjoy it, but I'm sorely disappointed too. I think it seems worse because there was so much positivity surrounding the Werewolves pack and then a quick drastic turnaround. I bought HSY at release and have been patiently waiting to play since then.

At this point Sims 4 feels like an old dear friend who keeps letting me down.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,820 Member
    well it is playable some bugs always take longer to fix than others we've had countless patches to show that it doesn't mean it wasn't addressed, but if they haven't found a specific cause it can be for the best not to keep saying that repeatedly. I mean yeah obviously you don't need to be told you can feel what you need to but keep in mind things aren't perfect in any game the devs are people too sometimes we're going to have to wait and be happy that they acknowledge bugs at all while getting to what they can. Not that I haven't been bugged about some things it's just you have to take a step back and take a breather sometimes because it could always be worse the sims has historically had some really nasty bugs and unplayability. Don't even get me started on some of things I still avoid because of bugs. Just keep making reports as needed.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member
    @DaniRose2143, I said I wasn't going to debate people here... but I reserve the right to clarify:

I didn't buy an expansion that is bugged or broken. If Wants and Fears had been an expansion, I would have chosen not to get it because it holds no interest for me at all. But it wasn't an expansion. I wasn't given a choice. It was forced on me as part of an automatic update. Now, I supposed to be able to turn it off, that way I still would have a choice. But I can't turn it off, not reliably. So, this feature that I didn't ask for, didn't want, didn't chose is being forced on me. By not fixing that, EA is saying that they are OK with taking away my choices.

Now, that seems to me to run counter to their stated ethic... and mine.
    @luciusstorm I wasn't trying to debate either, just stating where I'm at and how I feel about the state my game is in.
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I kind of feel the same way, even though I don't like to say I'm angry or anything. I really do appreciate the hard work that is put into the updates for The Sims 4.

However, I see how it can be a big problem to take away features like Whims that people like and replace it with another feature completely. I personally preferred Whims to the Wants and Fears system myself. Not to mention that I've seen a lot of people say that the game is unplayable with all the glitches from Wants and Fears. I'm hoping that they can be fixed soon, or that a system will be added which allows people to choose between Whims or Wants and Fears.

I actually haven't updated my game in a while because of the bugs and the new features. They make me a little nervous these days. I love playing my save files the way I like, and it has been a little disappointing when things would break and prevent me from doing what I like. So yeah, I guess I am also a little disappointed. I hope that these things will be fixed at some point so that the game can be enjoyed by everyone again.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited August 2022
    THIS is why we DESPERATELY need competition.

Sims 4 has no competition and the reason I'm still playing. Once ANOTHER game comes, I will drop this like a rock because of the way they've treated US all these years. They're gluttonous and happy on our money because we have nothing else.

But another game is coming and only then will that make EA spend money and fix things. By then it'll be too late and it'll suffer the same ending that Sims City did many years ago.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited August 2022
    @luciusstorm I understand your anger and frustration. My love for my sims themselves is what keeps me going, but I can totally understand why someone would get so upset that they walk away. I suppose I've become numb to this lack of addressing issues, it's been going on forever. Not just TS4, Isla Paradiso in TS3 was never fixed.

Tbh MWS was giving me major Isla Paradiso flashbacks

so I've been paranoid ever since that they're gonna just rain destruction upon sims 4 too shoving in the last of features made and moving to next title - again

the way theyre adding like just about anything in the game with very little concern for performance or if things work or not just makes me even more paranoid thats whats going on :neutral:

beg watcher its just all in my head eh

anyway another reason I am not particularily looking forward to new releases

got werewolves cause its a theme close to my heart but I will definitely hold down and reconsider thousand times before buying any pack thats not exactly 100% what i need now

cause apparently they no longer care if our computers explode or not or if our games are broken or not

anyway am tired of being broken record so I will just play my sims while I still can and beg watcher the destruction will end
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »
    @luciusstorm I understand your anger and frustration. My love for my sims themselves is what keeps me going, but I can totally understand why someone would get so upset that they walk away. I suppose I've become numb to this lack of addressing issues, it's been going on forever. Not just TS4, Isla Paradiso in TS3 was never fixed.

Tbh MWS was giving me major Isla Paradiso flashbacks

so I've been paranoid ever since that they're gonna just rain destruction upon sims 4 too shoving in the last of features made and moving to next title - again

the way theyre adding like just about anything in the game with very little concern for performance or if things work or not just makes me even more paranoid thats whats going on :neutral:

beg watcher its just all in my head eh

anyway another reason I am not particularily looking forward to new releases

got werewolves cause its a theme close to my heart but I will definitely hold down and reconsider thousand times before buying any pack thats not exactly 100% what i need now

cause apparently they no longer care if our computers explode or not or if our games are broken or not

anyway am tired of being broken record so I will just play my sims while I still can and beg watcher the destruction will end

I'm getting Isla Paradiso flashbacks from lots of things. That's why Werewolves is such a puzzle, they got it right for the most part. There are one or two little issues, but nothing earth shattering. So why have the other two packs and that big base game update been so full of issues? What made Werewolves so unique? I don't know why, but the way that one turned out I thought they had turned it around. I'm not rushing in anymore, even if it's something I want badly. From now on, I'm waiting and that goes for updates. I'm not taking todays update until I see a few days without posts on here saying somebody found a new gamebreaking bug from it.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    edited August 2022
    It takes 6 months for them to address some bugs/issues. I hate Wants & Fears too. I never wanted them and because I don't trust EA (since S3 Supernaturals/Island Paradise) - I haven't patched my game since Werewolves on any of my machines.

They can fix it or not, but if the game becomes unfun or too much of a burden to fix with mods, I'm just going to quit and stop buying new packs. Right now, it just doesn't seem fun to me so I don't have HSY or the latest patches. I love the Sims, but I will just quit if features I like and rely on (Whims) are replaced with a buggy mess (Wants & Fears). I don't care about what excuses people have or if the game is technically playable. For me, it needs to be fun. EA/Maxis/the devs are also creating a product to sell. They aren't running a charity. If the product doesn't do enough of what I want, I'm not going to bother with it.
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    It takes 6 months for them to address some bugs/issues. I hate Wants & Fears too. I never wanted them and because I don't trust EA (since S3 Supernaturals/Island Paradise) - I haven't patched my game since Werewolves on any of my machines.

They can fix it or not, but if the game becomes unfun or too much of a burden to fix with mods, I'm just going to quit and stop buying new packs. Right now, it just doesn't seem fun to me so I don't have HSY or the latest patches. I love the Sims, but I will just quit if features I like and rely on (Whims) are replaced with a buggy mess (Wants & Fears). I don't care about what excuses people have or if the game is technically playable. For me, it needs to be fun. EA/Maxis/the devs are also creating a product to sell. They aren't running a charity. If the product doesn't do enough of what I want, I'm not going to bother with it.
    I agree is why I'm not going to buy a new pack till this mess fix first.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    They didn’t release an expansion for a year until High School Years, you’d think with a year to work on it, that it wouldn’t have many bugs. That it would come with features for the base game and that they would work.

They didn’t even work on problems we told them about, instead they had fun making new scenarios. My game save isn’t ready to play the ones I want yet. Making over everyone to my taste takes time.

I’m done being hopeful that this game will eventually be fixed and reach its potential.

The only good thing about the new fashion pack is one of my fave YouTubers worked on it… If I buy it (and that’s a big IF) it’s because she worked on it.
  • skeeterskeeter Posts: 9 New Member
    I also agree I hate the new Wants and Fears! It was great with whims and I also like to make my sims happy. What should they care how you want to play after you payed for it. Seems like the game is set up to kill sims but I want that choice instead of dreading any outcome and all the programs to kill or sadden or scare your sim! Also I noticed nothing done about Cottage Living errands which I have made case after case about only for my cases to be auto-closed and nothing actually done except getting auto emails saying they received my case! I am playing a different game now because of the changes and playing less and less. So disappointed!
  • GilmerSimGilmerSim Posts: 8 New Member
    One of the reasons I play this game is to escape my wants and fears. I can't have things I really want and I'm at an age that fears have found their way into my thoughts of dying, being alone etc. Now the Sims' fears are forced on me and there's no escape.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    I am also very disappointed in the sims lately. My main reason for disappointment is that the high school years patch was forced on players by pretending to repair the game and no way to play offline without the 'repair' I was happy with the werewolf pack and my game was running fine on that patch. I had no interest in updating for high school. What is even worse is that both origin and maxis are totally silent on this matter. Does that mean they are perfectly fine with ignoring the wishes of people who don't want to update automatically?

And now comes this patch. No fix for serious bugs. No acknowledgement of the existence of bugs relating to wants and fears. The sad thing is I am not even surprised by the patch ignoring all the serious issues. What I did not expect is the huge attention for scenarios. I have little interest in them in general but playing a scenario with a fixed premade household? No thanks.

And then of course there is the fear of behind the scene changes which are not mentioned in the patch notes. I am specifically thinking of about adjustments to the age lengths which make the teen life stage too long compared to the toddler and child lifestage. I don't like this change but can't escape it, and the fact that the team doesn't bother to tell us is even worse than the change itself.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I am frustrated and disappointed as well. I want to be able to play but am still concerned about the bugs. Repairing the game should be top priority. I believe if you run a company and sell items, whether an appliance, game, or anything else, it should be in working order. If you buy an appliance and it doesn't work, a company should repair or replace immediately. I do understand games are more complicated with coding, etc. which I don't know anything about, but the bugs and features that don't work as intended should be a priority. I don't want more kits, scenarios, or even packs that I can't use if my game isn't running the way it should. In all honesty, a product should be thoroughly checked and in good running condition when you sell it. I would rather wait longer for a new pack that have it rushed out and not work. I love alot of the gameplay ideas for gameplay/packs, but if it doesn't work well we can't really play it and enjoy it. I just want to be able to really get back into my Sims 4 and be able to play like I use to and enjoy it! Please fix this game. In the meantime, I will continut with Sims 2,3 and Skyrim.
  • MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    edited August 2022
    I am frustrated and disappointed as well. I want to be able to play but am still concerned about the bugs. Repairing the game should be top priority. I believe if you run a company and sell items, whether an appliance, game, or anything else, it should be in working order. If you buy an appliance and it doesn't work, a company should repair or replace immediately. I do understand games are more complicated with coding, etc. which I don't know anything about, but the bugs and features that don't work as intended should be a priority. I don't want more kits, scenarios, or even packs that I can't use if my game isn't running the way it should. In all honesty, a product should be thoroughly checked and in good running condition when you sell it. I would rather wait longer for a new pack that have it rushed out and not work. I love alot of the gameplay ideas for gameplay/packs, but if it doesn't work well we can't really play it and enjoy it. I just want to be able to really get back into my Sims 4 and be able to play like I use to and enjoy it! Please fix this game. In the meantime, I will continut with Sims 2,3 and Skyrim.
    I totally agree. But why should they repair the game as long as the players still buy new packs and kits? I haven't played the sims since the last patch. There are enough games out there with no gamebreaking bugs.

They call the scenario update a bugfix so the list seems to be longer as it is. Updating scenarios instead of fixing bugs is another topic but please call the things what they are.

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited August 2022
    Whatever plan they have when making content to this game, it's not working.

They used to joke about bugs, and things not working properly, but that doesn't work anymore, not when you are adding game changing features that doesn't work well, are unbalanced and repetitive and can't even be turned off.

The game is in dire need of more support and development if they are going to keep this going. Otherwise this game will crash and burn in a long list of unfixed bugs and spaghetti code created by technical debt.

We have passed the point that The Sims 3 were in with Island Paradise and are now in an age of uncertainty where we don't even want to update our game anymore, not knowing what will break next or how unsupported their next game feature or pack will be.

I myself don't feel like buying anything more from them until at least Wants and Fears are tuned and fixed.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I genuinely don't understand why they don't leave a simple comment saying they're working on x bug. Literally all they would need to do is comment on the bug report saying they're looking into it. It would cost nothing, it would take no effort, but instead they just give players complete radio silence until players are literally screaming at them to listen, or it's fully fixed (which can take months).

I thought that was the entire point of the "laundry list"; to let people know that they're working on specific bugs so people don't feel like they're being ignored, but for some reason they refuse to comment on anything that isn't gonna be fixed within two weeks which makes that list completely redundant for me.
  • VannaRedVannaRed Posts: 167 Member
    I was really excited about continuing my new Wyrd Girls story. I was enjoying the current arc and was looking forward to seeing what kind of trouble I could get Miranda, Cassie and Gwen into. Now, I am so angry about today's "patch" that I don't want to touch The SIMS 4.

I've seen a lot of angry and frustrated posts from people, about how The SIMS 4 is completely glitched, how EA doesn't respect the community, how they rely on modders to solve their problems for them, etc. I admit, I wasn't bothered about it before. I was enjoying my game and if it was a little glitchy at times, at least I was having fun.

Suddenly, today I'm seeing it with different eyes. The failure to even address problems with Wants and Fears is somehow my line in the sand. I'm really not sure why. I don't even mean a failure to solve the problem. Simply to not even acknowledge it... to not simply say they're working on it but haven't fixed it yet. That, I find, to be disrespectful to the community.

I'm sure most people will ignore this post. Some will absolutely reply defending EA and saying I'm wrong. Others will probably reply agreeing with me or wondering why it took so long for me to open my eyes. Well, I'm not here to debate the point.

Truthfully, I'll probably play again. Eventually, I'll update Wyrd Girls again... but some of the joy will have gone out of it for me. Some of that love of the game died for me today.

So I'm choosing to post, to stand up as publicly as I can, as a small contributor to these forums, and say - I am very angry and disappointed.

My sims feel this way!! since the patch, my sims are all Angry and Very Angry, like all of them all at once. It's very disappointing. I'm not one to play with mods, but this game is no longer playable without them. I won't be buying any more.

• RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I genuinely don't understand why they don't leave a simple comment saying they're working on x bug. Literally all they would need to do is comment on the bug report saying they're looking into it. It would cost nothing, it would take no effort, but instead they just give players complete radio silence until players are literally screaming at them to listen, or it's fully fixed (which can take months).

I thought that was the entire point of the "laundry list"; to let people know that they're working on specific bugs so people don't feel like they're being ignored, but for some reason they refuse to comment on anything that isn't gonna be fixed within two weeks which makes that list completely redundant for me.

I agree. Devs acknowledging bugs more often would be great. I am grateful we have the Laundry Lists, but it would be better to have maybe smaller "we're aware of it" communications more often, so we know they'll make it on the bigger Laundry List later.
    VannaRed wrote: »

My sims feel this way!! since the patch, my sims are all Angry and Very Angry, like all of them all at once. It's very disappointing. I'm not one to play with mods, but this game is no longer playable without them. I won't be buying any more.

I have a somewhat philosophical feeling toward the Wants and Fears. I played the Sims 2 back in the day and felt the guidance of that game's Wants and Fears was useful to help me guide my sims' lives as they played out, but that system was more structured than Sims 4's Wants and Fears, too, with more fun benefits and risks. I was interested in playing a game, too, not in telling my own sims' story in a total sandbox.

So far I haven't had a ton of Sims 4 Wants and Fears bugs (like completed Fears that won't go away, a la Lifestyles), but I have rolled Wants I don't want and that don't make sense ("Break up with X" when in love, etc.). I just feel like this mechanic is a bit deeper and has a bit of a learning curve I still have to learn in order to appease my sims so they aren't angry/stressed all the time from (nonbugged, correctly functioning) Fears. It is an odd mechanic and was a surprise, too, but I feel like if the Fears work correctly at some point and I can figure out how to get rid of them through gameplay, I can make it work. They seem to be less crazy than five Lifestyles at a time (from the earlier glitch) and the endless Workaholic stressed moodlets, but maybe that's just me. I've already had a sim with two Fears at once; not sure what the max number of simultaneous Fears is, anyway.

It would be nice if the global toggle to turn off Wants and Fears would actually turn them off, though.

Just my two cents.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Yes I've been feeling the same way. The reason I'm still playing is because I have some spare time before college starts up and I won't have as much time to play then. It has also become part of routine to play and its comforting sometimes as well. Still with saying that I actually haven't bought any of the new packs/kits that have come out. I don't even have Dine Out because I've heard its buggy and they haven't fixed it. What's the point in buying buggy games? I would rather wait even though I'll be waiting for the long haul it seems.
    The latest updates have been a bit irritating. The wants and fears could have been a good thing, if it wasn't for the fact that Sims always seem to want to listen to the radio and other wants are seldom included. The fears constantly seem to be stuck and getting Sims into a bad mood.

I came on here today to see what the latest update has been. I am at the point now, where I dread these updates. Since these updates it doesn't take much to kill off my Sims. In the last couple of weeks I've had to save my game more than I usually would because Sims are constantly dying of hunger. I can't always tell because the motives seem to get stuck. After some progress has been made in the game, bam, they are dead. I really hope that this update has been to fix some of these issues and not only to add more..
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

Honestly, I'm passed the point of wanting acknowledgement. I'm done with words. We've dealt with radio silence, deceptively vague answers, problems not being addressed or months or even years, lack of care in updates, and tons of abandoned ideas, both in and out of the game. At this point, I'll only recognize action.

Not that I really blame the devs. I don't want to be a broken record with this, but I can understand how bad things can be for them. They must have so much on their plate. They're probably doing the best with what they have, under EA's scrutiny. But the fans aren't being treated well by EA, either.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member
    Well, this post told me two important things.

One, a surprising number of people agree with me (even after this got moved over into Feedback).

Two, I choose not to be silent.