Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Introducing the Rex Legacy

It's been a lot of years since the Poindexter Legacy, but I'm back to introduce my new friend, Addison.

Raised in privilege, Addison Rex now finds himself with no family, no money, and no home. What he does have, however, is a full head of enviable curly hair, good teeth, and a large inherited plot of land in ritzy Del Rio Valley. Oh, and pockets. Lots of pockets.

Only-Sims.com is the new home of the Rex Legacy, where updates appear weekly. Four have been released so far with a lot more on the way.

We'd love to see you there, and fair warning: watch out for the frogs.

ch1-1040-250.png
banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun

Comments

• Options
    BrilliantDisasterBrilliantDisaster Posts: 106 Member
    I enjoyed reading what you've written so far. Keep writing! You are very good at it.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Oh, I like your sense of humour! Happy Simming. (I’ll be back…)
  • Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    I enjoyed reading what you've written so far. Keep writing! You are very good at it.
    NRowe wrote: »
    Oh, I like your sense of humour! Happy Simming. (I’ll be back…)

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Chapter 5: Midnight at the Oasis is now live. Actually, it's been live since Saturday, but the long weekend got my sense of time all screwed up and I neglected to tell anyone.

In this week's episode, Addison starts a new job, discovers the truth behind the rash of Bigfoot sightings in Del Sol Valley, and finds an alternate use for his company-issued headwear.

08-07-22_11-15-32-am-1040-250.png
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Good luck Addison! (Congrats on the Friday highlight too!)
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    This is great fun. Found you from the Friday Highlight.
    Truly, I have never read shower writing like this.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Been a bit swamped with work lately, so I came back here after a couple weeks away to find out about the Friday highlight thing. Coolness! :smile: Belated thanks for the comments; my weekend has been made.

There have been a couple updates since then, because I was smart enough to queue some up ahead of time:

In Chapter 6: Love Shack, Addison finally gets a roof over his head, but not over a whole lot else.

In Chapter 7: Thunder Road, released this morning, Addison digs up treasures from the past, meets an attractive stranger, and has to throw out his favorite pair of boxer briefs.

08-07-22_12-29-43-pm-1040-250.png
    Post edited by Trick on
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Chapter 8: The Fool on the Hill is now live. In this week's update, Addison is once again visited by the exotic stranger, and struggles to remain outside the confines of his own turban-wrapped skull.

08-07-22_12-16-15-pm-1040-250.png
  • Options
    Awww. I approve of these developments (if I'm allowed to say that!) o:)
  • Options
    Awww. I approve of these developments (if I'm allowed to say that!) o:)

You are very much allowed. :smile: Feedback of any kind is always appreciated! You can even say if you think something sucks, since most of the feedback I get comes from my wife and she's probably far too nice to tell me when I've gone off the rails.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Another week, another update. In Chapter 9: Kiss on My List, Addison has a date over for Winterfest, goes for it right in front of Nalani's salad, and learns that some metaphors are better than others.

08-07-22_12-44-43-pm-1040-250.png
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    {Best Eddie Murphy as Donkey voice. } “Chips. Everyone loves potato chips!”
  • Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    I had to laugh a few times. I like your writing style! And all the frog things!
  • Options
    {Best Eddie Murphy as Donkey voice. } “Chips. Everyone loves potato chips!”
    I had to laugh a few times. I like your writing style! And all the frog things!

Thanks! I'm still not sure leaving in that whole potato chip thing was a good idea, but it's out there in the world now so I can't really take it back.

As far as the frogs go... well, of course. Frogs are almost as important as pockets.
  • Options
    There have been a few updates since I last stopped by this here thread, with the latest being:

Chapter 12: Baby Love: In this week's update, Addison finds out his life is about to change, but something about the whole situation strikes him as a little fishy.

Also be sure to check out the preceding chapters, which I did not announce to to various factors like being gone over the weekend, and just being generally forgetful.

In Chapter 10: Jingle Bell Rock, a fat old man appears bearing mysterious gifts, and Addison regrets thinking a little too much about how Father Winter bends the space-time continuum.

In Chapter 11: You Dropped a Bomb on Me, Addison discovers the importance of Internet privacy, if by "Internet Privacy" you mean closing the bathroom door when browsing the web on the toilet.

10-22-22_12-44-43-pm-1040-250.png
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    These two will be excellent and legendary ancestors, I just know it!
  • Options
    Caught up!!
    So that’s where babies come from? Long naked talks late into the night…

I do still wonder which news is more shocking and improbable; Nalani’s pregnancy or her identity