Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lost the sims 2 upgrading to the EA app

Simgurl20Simgurl20 Posts: 162 Member
I open Origin this morning and am greeted with a pop up asking me if I want to upgrade to the new EA app, it seems like something that I will have to do later anyway, so I click it. It uninstalls origin, and I now have the EA app, and all my games are there except the sims 2. I got the whole sims 2 collection for free from origin back in 2014. It's always been in my origin games, however up until recently I did not have it downloaded on my computer. The EA app is showing me other games that I have that I don't have downloaded on my computer, so I don't think not having the sims 2 downloaded is the reason it is not showing. Does anyone know if there is a way I can get it back?

Comments

• KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,066 Member
    edited August 2022
    That just happened to me too. TS2 Ultimate Collection isn't there anymore. Also, TS3 and TS4 won't launch at all with the new app. The only solution I can figure out is to uninstall the EA app from my PC and then reinstall Origin from here: https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download. If I get prompted again to install the new one I'm going to ignore it. Hopefully they'll fix these problems before the new app get forced on us because I'll be very unhappy if I can't play TS2.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @Simgurl20 I had read you can still use Origin if you have the EA App, alternate between the two if you want. Both work for me. You should be able to go into your Origin and download your Sims 2 from there.