Stories Forum Specific Guidelines:

Using lots of images or hitting us with an absolute novel? Please be courteous and use a spoiler tag for your post. Thanks!
It's Patch day! The latest update is now live for The Sims 4 which includes critical updates to Gallery and in-game profanity filters. Click here to read the notes.

Aliens Stole My Alien Parents

1234568...Next

Comments

• luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 630 Member
    edited November 23
    If you're looking for a proper term for a nomadic culture traditionally found in Europe and Western Asia (though now worldwide) - Romani.

Edit: One of my great-grandfathers was a Romani blacksmith (evidently, he met a nice Polish girl, got married and moved to America). I did some research on the culture in high school (or maybe college, I forget) during one of those "learning about my family" phases one sometimes goes through.
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 630 Member
    Also, fantastic conclusion to the story. Very exciting and it does wrap things up nicely.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 5,503 Member
    @mightysprite You did a fantastic job. I hope that's not the last we see of Mara, Oliver, and Cassandra. It feels like there could be new adventures, but if not it was a lot of fun while it lasted. I could feel Mara's disappointment after her image of her dads was shattered.
    My Gallery ID: DaniRose2143
    Under The Tartosan Sun
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 1,625 Member
    This story is awesome! I love all the twists and turns, and how you make all the random game weirdness make sense. These characters are all so much fun. This climax is fantastic.

And if you ever do write that Ash and Izzy spin-off I'll totally be there for that!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited November 23
    Thank you folks :)
    There will be an "epilogue" chapter coming up, but I think that will be the end of the story.
    I'll probably carry on playing them in gameplay. Probably without plot/story. Unless they get into some extremely interesting mischief. You never know.

@luciusstorm That's really cool about your family. I thought of the term Romani too, but it seemed too RL-specific, but, maybe I'll go back and edit it in. Thanks.
    she/her

Tales of San Myshuno
    See What Happened In Your Game Today. Index in link here

• NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,346 Member
    Caught up. At least the Dads are being released.
  • HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 241 Member
    Caught up too, really a lot has happened!
    That's a quite bittersweet chapter, Mara and Oliver finally found their fathers but also found out about the mistakes they made too...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller on my blog and on the forum thread, *Chapter 5.3 Updated on 27th November 2022*
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,354 Member
    I'm super late joining in, but I'm glad to be caught up. Next time, I hope to follow along a bit more as things are happening, but I look forward to the epilogue. I have a few chaotic comments below.
    • I loved your take on this scenario from the beginning, from the siblings bickering over who does the dishes. In all parts, there are entertaining details like that.
    • I experienced a variety of emotions. As each day passed and Oliver grew, I felt so sad about his dads missing out on his childhood. They weren't even there to defend him from the monster under the bed. Luckily, he made friends with the monster.
    • It's impressive how significant the picture present from their dad became.
    • Stinky, insecure Oliver has my heart. Oliver & Elsa work for me, but Oliver & Kevin are adorable too. I'm glad Act 1 ended with Cassandra and Mara together.
    • The werewolf in the gym was hilarious, but makes me want to never install that pack.
    • My favorite chapter is the interlude with Bella.
    • I like how you considered the necessity of the dads facing consequences for their actions.
    • Cassandra's makeover toward the end = <3. Good for her.
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,194 Member
    *bunny noises*
    Really love the way that you ended this, and I hope that we will still get to see something of these characters later on < 3 Glad to know there will be an epilogue!
    they/them or she/her - remember to only support ethical CC creators! -
    SpojuSj.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 3,398 Member
    Thank you @NRowe @HermioneSims @haneul @SnowBnuuy :) it's nice to know you have all enjoyed the story so much.
    @haneul It was a surprisingly emotional story to write, at many points. FWIW there is a toggle available for werewolves, that can restrict them to the Moonwood Mill world when they are in wolf form. I haven't chosen to do that in my game because I like the weirdness.
    she/her

Tales of San Myshuno
    See What Happened In Your Game Today. Index in link here