Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I was reading this about the sims 5 today

SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
edited August 2022 in Off Topic Chat
I was reading an article on the sims 5 today on my phone, thought I would share it here, it is dated August 11, 2022

It says that the Sims 5 will be multiplayer, to play online with friends. It will most likely have a creator marketplace, and will likely come out in a few years.

Do you think the sims 5 will have a color wheel? That is something I really want back.

Here is the link
https://happymag.tv/the-sims-5/
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    I hope it has an offline single player option like they way we play now. If it's multiplayer only I will most likely stick to the older versions and/or look for something new. I have serious reservations about multiplayer Sims. I've done multiplayer online games before and didn't like them at all. I might check it out to see if it's different than my previous multiplayer experiences but I don't have high hopes. It's not so much the games themselves as it the people you meet online. My experience with most online gamers has been really negative, though I have met some friendly people too.
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,622 Member
    If it's multi-player, I won't touch it. I just have no interest in multi-player games. I'll keep an eye on it to see what the other options are but really, for all it's problems, I'm more likely to stick with Sims 4.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    It's not what I'm looking for in a Sims game. A multiplayer Sims offers such a different experience that I have a hard time accepting it as a mainline game. Something like Sonic rpg or Mario cart. It can be fun, but doesn't satisfy the desire for a real Sonic/Mario/Sims game.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    The last report made by thesimscommunity page was that it would have mobile phone features👀
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Hard no from me if it’s multiplayer only. I tried some of the online simulation games and found them creepy. But mostly, I’m a Simmer because I can tell my own story in my own way. I don’t really want anyone else involved. I’ll just stick with TS3/4 if there’s no single player option.

You can't tell a story when other people are involved because everyone wants to do their thing. And some people want to be weird and creepy and disruptive and mean. Anyway, I don't think that Sims 5 will be online and multiplayer, maybe they will do a spinoff, but I don't think they will do that to the main game. They killed the SimCity game because of that, hope they won't make that mistake again.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    Well anything can change no matter when something is mentioned. Though unless they made more jobs by getting another team for it until sims 4 is done I don't care but any forced multiplayer nonsense and I'll stay here .
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • CiralindeCiralinde Posts: 81 Member
    I think the multiplayer component may be more like what Animal Crossing is doing perhaps? It would be interesting to design your own furniture and clothing as well - it still kinda suprises me something like this wasn't added in the Sims 4.

This part stands out the most: "The Sims it’s SUPER important for us to have the best tools, the most flexibility and for players to really expand on their creativity, remix items and objects in the world.”

I think we may be able to design our own worlds again and potentially see the return of Create-a-Style as well.

Not sure what to think about EA curated mods (a la bethesda) or an extra currency (gems :s ) for a bogus economy driven by players beyond our own little creations. I'm also somewhat afraid of micro-transactions or content driven by FOMO. I'm a bit cynical when it comes down to bigger companies, beholden to the whims of investors.

Personally, I will most likely skip a generation. I did that with the Sims 3 as well.

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I never expected to like Sims 5, judging from the Sims brand change from the game being a humorous, fictitious "what if" exploitation of the common aspects of human life and psychology with consequential mistakes and failures...to a real life, self-promoting, virtue signalling, friendly, social utopia. It's just a completely different game now. I'm not planning to move forward with it.

If Sims 4 isn't completely destroyed by the end of its run like Sims 3 was, I'll mod the heck out of it and see if I can get it to be something I like again. Really wish they would also update Sims 2 to play better on modern tech. I'll have to wrangle with it so I can play that again. Since the old games and new are so different, some people might like to play both.
    #Team Occult
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I never bothered with The Sims Online, I've never enjoyed GTA V online or RDR2 online, and if The Sims 5 is online only I'm effectively done with the series.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    None of the details really matter for me at this point. Knowing its going to be a multiplayer online game pretty much ends it for me. I love the Sims because I love the sims... But I don't ever want it to become some glorified online dating app which, is inevitably what happens with life sims with other people. I guess I'll just have to play and love my older sims titles and find that to be enough because multiplayer sims will never be for me.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited August 2022
    I would think they would have to have a single player mode too. I am hoping you could switch back and forth from single player to multi player when you want. I have a daughter that also plays the sims 4, but she plays on PS4, and I on PC. So I think I would enjoy playing that with her some, as well as playing on my own.

I’m kind of interested in the creator marketplace. I don’t currently use mods or CC for a few reasons, 1. I’m not a techie and don’t want to have to move things back and forth for every update, worry about messing something up in my game, and have to wait for mod creators to update. 2. I don’t want to have to worry about bugs due to some outside mod or CC. There are already enough bugs now in my Vanilla games. After 8 years I have just barely gotten into using moo in this version of the game…. Lol. But even though I don’t use mods, I do wish I could have some of the features in my game, so I’m hoping that EA will be working in collaboration with modders and CC creators to actually let us easily bring content into the game without a hassle ( like the simplicity of buying expansion packs and downloading them through origin ).

A year or so ago, I did see a sample of a game using the unreal engine and thought it looked really good. I certainly hope they make the sims 5 a more in depth game, bring back the color wheel and patterns, for the Sims 4, I guess that’s called Create a style, That was the main thing I enjoyed about the sims 3 for the short time I played it ( I hated the rabbit holes though ). So….I hope the Sims 5 is not filled with rabbit holes….. I would like to see all jobs have a workplace, and an option to join the Sim at work or just send them on their own if you want. I do play with some larger households and would like the opportunity to change it up. I also hope that they will keep us rotational players in mind when making the game. I’m not a legacy player, but a rotational player, it keeps the game fun for me, Even when I play scenarios I have a scenario rotational save.

I hope they still make a few additional years of the sims 4 before bringing out sims 5, but I really wish they would seriously tackle the bugs in Sims 4 as well as bringing us more packs. I feel like they have already switched many of the devs that have been working on the sims 4 to 5 already. I have to admit I’m looking forward to what they could make the Sims 5…..

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I may be the only one in the community that doesn't want a Sims 5, multi-player or not. I've spent too much money on TS3 and TS4 to just move on. I'm mostly happy with TS4, and I'd most likely stay with it.

As for TS5 possibly being a multi-player game, it would just make my decision easier.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    I may be the only one in the community that doesn't want a Sims 5, multi-player or not. I've spent too much money on TS3 and TS4 to just move on. I'm mostly happy with TS4, and I'd most likely stay with it.

As for TS5 possibly being a multi-player game, it would just make my decision easier.

I don’t need to move on, either. I didn’t switch from TS3 to TS4 until 4 had been out for several years. Give me a music pack for TS4 and I can be happy playing 3 and 4 for quite a few more years.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited August 2022
    So they U Turned from multiplayer with 4 and ended up with today's current pastiche and now they want to have another go? I guess they are believers in the 'If it at first you don't succeed...'mantra Certainly won't be the game for me.

Also looking in my crystal ball at their attempt to bring The Sims to the so called 'metaverse', I can see that creators market place being built on crypto and the market full of NFTs.

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,879 Member

I don’t need to move on, either. I didn’t switch from TS3 to TS4 until 4 had been out for several years. Give me a music pack for TS4 and I can be happy playing 3 and 4 for quite a few more years.

Same here with 2 and 4 :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    If this gaffer of 73 is still around when it releases, and it's online only, I'll pass and keep my simming to the existing versions. My admittedly limited experience with online games is negative, so don't want that intruding into a Sims game. Crocobaura is correct regarding what happens when multiple people get involved with a story. That was one of the exercises in a recently completed university writing class, and the results were both chaotic and horrifying. I like the idea of more and better tools, but they won't be of much use in a static world - which is what an online world is of necessity.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Maybe this is an unpopular opinion but I would like multiplayer. As long as I could choose who I played with, like how Minecraft does it, and had a single player option as well.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member

All I required was a Generations pack and since we have that broke up into other packs, I'm mostly good. I'd still like more in-depth kids, toddlers, and elders packs but I'll be ok if we never get that.

If TS4 stopped today, all I really need is as many bug fixes as they could do.
    Maybe this is an unpopular opinion but I would like multiplayer. As long as I could choose who I played with, like how Minecraft does it, and had a single player option as well.

This would be the only way I'd ever begin to consider multiplayer but even that isn't really for me. I've never played Minecraft online. The only game I ever played online was Mario Kart on the Wii, and it was a nightmare. I see my sons and husband play "Crossout" and "For Honor" and get frustrated. I always tell them that's why I don't do online play. I'm happy in my little bubble, doing things at my own pace.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member

You have a good point, picking who you played online with. There are several people on here I feel would make good simming partners. Something like that I would be far more open to than just whatever random gamer I happen across. Simming with the real world version of random townies, hard pass. Simming with my friends, and only my friends, is something I would give real thought too.

• simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member

I think I would like multiplayer, too, as long as I could choose who I play with. Unfortunately, I live in a rural area that has no high speed internet options. Zero! It’s cell phone data or nothing, and I don’t think I could manage multi-player that way. I have an ‘unlimited data’ phone plan but what that really means is, ‘once you go over a modest amount of data, we’re gonna slow you down so badly it’s unusable, but hey, you can keep trying for an unlimited amount of time.’

But if there’s an option for offline, single-player, too, I’m in. I’d keep playing previous versions, too, like I do now with Sims 2 and 3.
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    Terrible. I played The Sims Online back in the day, it was pretty terrible. There's a reason it was shut down so quickly.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Sims won't be the Sims to me with multiplayer, and even if they have an offline mode, i won't get it, I don't trust EA to do both equally well. They didn't in Mass Effect and they didn't in Dragon Age. To me both single player options in those games suffered from not being as good as they should have. I just don't trust them to do it correctly if they are focusing on both.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    The only way I would touch multiplayer is if it is purely opt-in, and the game is constructed around single player first. If you can't mod it yourself, then I'm not interested.
    You'd think Maxis might have learned from the debacle of Sim City 5?

Anyway if it's a few years away and enough people kick up a stink about it, they might change tack a bit. We'll see.