Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Holiday Lights Automatically on Public Lot?

I created a public generic lot, & when my sim went to visit, there were holiday lights along the roof. There was a holiday the day before, & tomorrow is rebate day, but none of my other public lots have lights on them. Has anyone else experienced this and/or know how to get rid of them? They don't appear when I edit the lot without my sim there.

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    I have seen decorations on public lots in the game before. Reminds me of when the special Seasonal festivals would appear in Sims3.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    I created a public generic lot, & when my sim went to visit, there were holiday lights along the roof. There was a holiday the day before, & tomorrow is rebate day, but none of my other public lots have lights on them. Has anyone else experienced this and/or know how to get rid of them? They don't appear when I edit the lot without my sim there.

You need to remove them from the residential households in that neighbourhood. When you apply them to your house, they actually apply to the whole neighbourhood you live in.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

You need to remove them from the residential households in that neighbourhood. When you apply them to your house, they actually apply to the whole neighbourhood you live in.

They do? I never decorate and everyone else has decoration on their houses.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Well, I ended up deleting my build & recreating it elsewhere, lol. I think that it was the lot that was glitched & not the building itself. Strange.
    crocobaura wrote: »

I did remove them from the residential households & they were still there, lol, but thank you anyway!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    My high school lot has those decorations I have not decorated a single lot in that world I'm beginning to think it must be some bug and this is Sims 4 so no surprise
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I have had this happen to me as well, Even after I took down the decorations from my Sims house they stayed not only on community lots but the other houses in the neighborhood. The only work around I have found is to create a new holiday in the calendar, doesn't have to be anything really, you can leave any traditions blank, but make sure the little box asking if you want to set holiday decorations is left unchecked. Once it rolls to that day, all decorations are gone. It is a pain to have to do this, but it does work in my game.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    My high school lot has those decorations I have not decorated a single lot in that world I'm beginning to think it must be some bug and this is Sims 4 so no surprise

Sadly, I think you're right.
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    I have had this happen to me as well, Even after I took down the decorations from my Sims house they stayed not only on community lots but the other houses in the neighborhood. The only work around I have found is to create a new holiday in the calendar, doesn't have to be anything really, you can leave any traditions blank, but make sure the little box asking if you want to set holiday decorations is left unchecked. Once it rolls to that day, all decorations are gone. It is a pain to have to do this, but it does work in my game.

Thanks for the tip! I was going to do that, but I tried a new lot first & it worked so I just left it there, lol. I will definitely keep this in mind if it happens again in the future!

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2022
    Setting the decoration type on holidays is mainly for use by community lots.

It also allows a one click way to set them on residential lots, but you can do each type individually too.

If you set holiday decorations to none by default (needs doing for every holiday separately), then community lots won't put them up.

I believe you can also place a decoration box on the lot and have the "Take down decorations" option available when it's not currently a holiday, too.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    edited September 2022
    I often see season decorations on public lots, and I find it very annoying. Not sure what lot categories they were, can confirm that one generic lot had decor. Even the Selvadorada temple way into the jungle had tons of electric lights - it makes me not wanting to visit the temple because it no longer feels excluded and ancient. I also found say Winterfest decor in Summer, and Loveday decor in Fall, etc. On my farms it looks plain silly when the farmer has flags or lights on all their fences. And I play a few vbery poor homes, which would never have afforded all the lights the game sets up fo their house (oh my, their next electricity bill will kill them). I play rotationally, which might explain why its a tad bugged in my game.

I wish we could toggle off all auto seasonal decor. Maybe there could be a lot trait preventing such decor? I'd like to see the option on currently played residential lot, only.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg