Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want EA and the Sims 4 to Stop

13...Next

Comments

• PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    Hmm… I welcome being able to set my gay sims as being attracted to males, lesbian sims attracted to women, straight sims attracted to women or men. Mostly I just see who the sims has a good chemistry with, man or woman. Have plenty of gay, lesbian and straight families in my saves.

No, my issue is with the tech-idle-animations and the way the phone interrupts occult sims and gets in the way for historical saves.

It doesn't bother me about gender or those kind of things as long as we can make our preferences in the game to how we want to play. The game is suppose to be about how we want to play not how EA or the Sims team wish us to play.
  • KbobsterKbobster Posts: 155 Member
    edited September 2022
    So, I like the gender/s3xualiaty customization/cultural representation of the sims 4 and the ability to multi-task, and the graphics. But I agree with you, Sims 4 just sucks. I made the mistake of buying all the games at once. I was always bored with Sims 4 when it first came out. But I thought "Oh, well, the expansion packs will add something to it". I was wrong. I really really really wish I hadn't spent a cent on Sims 4. It is not a good game. I wish people would stop putting money into it.
    You shouldn't have to use mods to make the game worth playing. Mods enhance a game, not fix it nor make it playable. And then, EA has the audacity to prevent modders from charging money, when in reality, the modders are the ones who actually make the Sims 4 a real Sims game. EA should be paying them, actually. (I mean, I'm glad mods are free now, but now EA is using slave labor to flesh out its "game").
    I am not spending a single cent on EA ever again. I won't purchase any more of these empty pointless packs, not even a band pack (which I have been praying for). I won't buy Sims 5 if they ever come out with one. Heck, even if EA completely rewrites and recodes Sims 4 to be a real videogame, I still won't buy it unless they release it and all the expansion packs at once for $20. EA has broken my trust and my loyalty.
    You can't even save sims into your own personal library on Sims 4 if they have CC. That is so stupid. But then again, you can't do anything on Sims 4. Good luck to all the indie and private studios creating their own live simulator games.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Indeed, The Sims 4 feels like it has taken its own path. For some very odd reason, I don't get that The Sims energy from the bills I used to get from the previous games. Maybe it could be because the game will notify you once you get it and you will only get it once per week...

The Sims 4 started development as an online game, but after what happened to SimCity, it was made offline. It's just... calm with the online. Get the offline game done and then make the online version of it if you really want it, EA. Like jeez, calm with this project without passion!
    Sigh... This is the main reason why I want to become a game developer...
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 371 Member
    Kbobster wrote: »
    So, I like the gender/s3xualiaty customization/cultural representation of the sims 4 and the ability to multi-task, and the graphics. But I agree with you, Sims 4 just sucks. I made the mistake of buying all the games at once. I was always bored with Sims 4 when it first came out. But I thought "Oh, well, the expansion packs will add something to it". I was wrong. I really really really wish I hadn't spent a cent on Sims 4. It is not a good game. I wish people would stop putting money into it.
    You shouldn't have to use mods to make the game worth playing. Mods enhance a game, not fix it nor make it playable. And then, EA has the audacity to prevent modders from charging money, when in reality, the modders are the ones who actually make the Sims 4 a real Sims game. EA should be paying them, actually. (I mean, I'm glad mods are free now, but now EA is using slave labor to flesh out its "game").
    I am not spending a single cent on EA ever again. I won't purchase any more of these empty pointless packs, not even a band pack (which I have been praying for). I won't buy Sims 5 if they ever come out with one. Heck, even if EA completely rewrites and recodes Sims 4 to be a real videogame, I still won't buy it unless they release it and all the expansion packs at once for $20. EA has broken my trust and my loyalty.
    You can't even save sims into your own personal library on Sims 4 if they have CC. That is so stupid. But then again, you can't do anything on Sims 4. Good luck to all the indie and private studios creating their own live simulator games.

If EA really wanted to support modders they could go the way of Mojang and actually intergrate mods in the base game as actual features. (With proper credit and payment, of course) The work has already been done and the playerbase clearly enjoys it so why not? This also means that console players will get content and features they wouldn't get otherwise.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2022
    Renato10 wrote: »
    It is what i it is. A game that it was forced to be like this. A game that was designed to be just an online reboot of the series like SimCity 2013 was. A game that wasn't built on a foundation that can handle all of our requests and expectations from past games that weren't supposed to be integrated in the new online game. The Sims 4 might have sold a lot because fans buy everything for this game but The Sims 4 is also the game that wasn't planned to be what it is today. It's a failure! A Failed project forced to be a sequel of the past games but failing in every corner to fullfill those wishes from its players. It lacks passion from the team. It's shallow, it's soulless. It's a bunch, a big pile of nothing! It's just stuff. A building simulator, because it was the only part of the game that Maxis was able to do something.
    As a company EA and Maxis failed to met expectations, but they won at the same time. They won on getting all the money that we gave them. It's time to admit that as a fandom we also failed. Unlike SimCity fans that weren't afraid of making a statement, we failed to let this game die. We are the cause of this long 8 years of nothing but disappointment. We allowed this. Trhis is the game we deserve! 8 years is too much! Too much! The Sims 4 will never be as good as the other sims games and at this point it's not even an opinion. It's a fact! keep buying buggy content with concepts that never rich it's full potentials. keep giving EA a reason to keep The Sims 4 alive. Keep doing it! The Sims might end up turning into a joke on the game industry and we are apart of that!

Oh yes, I seen the fallout from SimCity 2013 and I agree with you on the state of Sims and it can happen here as well.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    The sims 4 is definitely needing more in depth gameplay, that said I also feel its going on to a much better direction with the base game updates, the sims is always going to go by the times, going on phones alot is the norm for most people in real life but yes it's happening alot in game with the sims, the sims 4 covers very basic of what the sims is about creating people and their homes then you control their lives, motives aka needs is still there atleast 🤣 I looking forward with what's going to be in store with this game
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I don't want The Sims 4 to stop as yet, but I do want the release of buggy dlcs that are game-breaking to stop. I want to be able to play and enjoy my game and each new dlc I want. It is frustrating to have to wait for fixes, although I do trust that they will be fixed eventually.
    I don't want The Sims 4 to stop as yet, but I do want the release of buggy dlcs that are game-breaking to stop. I want to be able to play and enjoy my game and each new dlc I want. It is frustrating to have to wait for fixes, although I do trust that they will be fixed eventually.

Most people want the DLC to be fixed but sadly it just not going to happen as it did not happen in Sims 2, 3 or and now Sims 4. It is all on how the developer keeps up with its program maintenance and for me EA/Maxis track is not good.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • CandyswirlCandyswirl Posts: 7 New Member
    I've noticed a major change in Sims 4 MOODS. They are always upset! Is this on purpose; what happened?!

Sims are always "missing out on their dreams," mad and upset ALL the time? It's depressing, honestly. Playing sims should be a fun escape, not to come and worry about "do my sims need counseling? Do we need to hold an intervention?"

Why are the sims so upset because they're all "missing out on their dreams" when they live in a mansion with a great, loving family, and backyard pool?! I'd like to see more appreciative sims. When is the Let's Be Grateful for What We Have EP coming out?
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Candyswirl wrote: »
    I've noticed a major change in Sims 4 MOODS. They are always upset! Is this on purpose; what happened?!

Sims are always "missing out on their dreams," mad and upset ALL the time? It's depressing, honestly. Playing sims should be a fun escape, not to come and worry about "do my sims need counseling? Do we need to hold an intervention?"

Why are the sims so upset because they're all "missing out on their dreams" when they live in a mansion with a great, loving family, and backyard pool?! I'd like to see more appreciative sims. When is the Let's Be Grateful for What We Have EP coming out?

That's from the new "Wants and Fears" system they implemented (that toggles back on if you shut it off and go to CAS, Travel, reload the game, etc) in the patch before HSY.

There's a big discussion about it here and you'll see a good majority of people not happy about it either.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1001795/wants-fears-discussion-thread#latest

• yogurrt_toobyogurrt_toob Posts: 51 Member
    When next generation consoles started coming out gameplay was sacrificed for graphics.
    Young people just expect different standards than we do.
    We've also been playing the same packs over and over again. Every re-iteration of the game recycles what came before and it's just getting more and more expensive to replay a lot of the same features we did initially, with less of what we like and more of what the newer generation expects (I hate to be rude but simple lol, only because at that time graphics were promoted over gameplay)
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited October 2022
    Tell me about it. I need to go into hibernation for another year again, with hopes that TS5 will be announced by then (and be good).

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47q59gkzfondii7d76wqwlho6rsbbfnurj792yaide&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    p6tqefj
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    When next generation consoles started coming out gameplay was sacrificed for graphics.
    Young people just expect different standards than we do.
    We've also been playing the same packs over and over again. Every re-iteration of the game recycles what came before and it's just getting more and more expensive to replay a lot of the same features we did initially, with less of what we like and more of what the newer generation expects (I hate to be rude but simple lol, only because at that time graphics were promoted over gameplay)

Maybe we need 2 versions of the game, one for people who can still think so want better game play and one for those interested only in pretty entertainment. That or EA releases TS 2 & 3 in a format compatible with current computers.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    I enjoy the game a lot but the sims constantly playing with their phones is jarring when you’re trying to make a magic sim or a hermit sim who lives in the woods or something.

Also think it says a lot that they’re more concerned about fixing the pronouns used when gardening than the actual gardening bugs themselves. Sometimes feels like they’re more focused on their political agenda than they are making the game fun for everybody.

EA definitely has a target audience and I don’t think it’s the people who started with the Sims 1 all that time ago. Still enjoy the game though.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I feel the exact same way and I'll tell you why everything is so limited when we had Sims 2 we had bigger world Sims 4 limited world. Sims 2 we had stories we can if we wanted to play off of. Sims 4 none. Sims 2 yes we were in a shut in world but we had gameplay like the vechiles we couldn't actually drive the vechiles but we had gameplay like woohoo in car, turn on lights, radio, and etc. Sims 4 we don't have car but after 8 years were still in a shut in world. Sims 2 had Bon Voyage actual vacation. Sims 4 no vacation but now you can live in a snowy mountain and live on the beach I would have much rather it be a vacation because it's so limited. Sims 2 had places to go Sims 4 really didn't have nothing except a bar, a library and gym until you other packs and even then places are so limited you have to bulldoze one to get the other.
    edited October 2022
    Those wishing Sims 4 to stop may get their wish as EA mentioned Project Rene which is code for Sims 5, not a lot of info on it yet.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    TS 2 vehicles are sort of drivable in that sim gets in, starts it, backs out of driveway, and heads off to wherever, sort of a moving rabbit hole. Same is true for the helicopters. Those are nicely detailed, and the sim actually goes down the aisle between seats to get to the controls.