Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So big part of gaming live streaming seems to be broken (what a surprise)

ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
Seriously, is there anything in this pack that works entirely like its supposed to? Game mentions tips while live streaming; I've never gotten a single dollar. So I went into the files and found all these loot actions like loot_SideHustle_Streamer_AddTips_LowGain in 1,2,3 dollar increments. So haven't had a chance to follow the trail, but pretty sure you're supposed to be getting these tips while streaming the games. To me, this is the major thing for making being a gamer streamer realistic, and either my game is borked, or they botched it. And my money is on the latter, because, well, history shows that's what they do.

Comments

• LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Watch lilsimsie's video " Can being a streamer get you rich in the Sims 4?" It will show you how she managed to get tips while livestreaming.
  • SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    You have to read the sims chat to receive the tips you made. It's a separate interaction.
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited August 2022
    SimMommy05 wrote: »
    You have to read the sims chat to receive the tips you made. It's a separate interaction.

I don't think that's true. I mean, you do get money for Sims Chat, and you could certainly say that's where the tips are at. But you can't do it till you reach 3rd level of the career, so why aren't you getting tips before that for streaming? That, and it seems to be endless. I just tried it, and my sim collected money for three solid hours. It slowed down a bit at that point, so I quit, but then started it again, without streaming, and it went right back to showering him with money. Pretty sure you can just do it over and over, without streaming. So if it IS meant to be tips for streaming, it's poorly designed, because it's very cheaty.
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited August 2022
    LoriTSp wrote: »
    Watch lilsimsie's video " Can being a streamer get you rich in the Sims 4?" It will show you how she managed to get tips while livestreaming.

I actually watched that last night (the one with Stanley), lol. The thing is, she doesn't get tips in that. In fact, she mentions that she hasn't gotten a single simolean for tips at about 5:20 in. She ends up making money from angel investments. I dug deeper last night, and I THINK the tips were just not completed. The entries I found don't seem to be attached to anything that I could find. I think it just got left out.
    Post edited by ravynwolvf on
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    After reading about all the bugs/glitches that are attached to this pack, I am leaning toward the idea of totally bypassing purchasing it. Every day I come onto this forum I see at least one or two more issues being added to an already long list of issues. Oh, the modding community is doing it's best to fix these issues, and I do appreciate their hard work. But I am so tired of relying on mods to fix borked packs and updates. If I ever do decide to buy this pack it will be for the new world, not for the badly coded, almost unplayable features. It's just sad and heartbreaking to sit here and watch the Sims franchise falling apart.

Right now, I am sitting in front of a brand-new gaming laptop that isn't being used because I ran out of time to install Sims4 on it before the pre-pack update. Rather than playing I am now searching for a way to play Sims4 on my new laptop without being forced into installing that latest update. If that update wasn't a tangled mess that wouldn't be a problem. But it is a mess, and I don't want it on my new rig. And that shouldn't be happening. We shouldn't be afraid of new packs or updates that ruin our enjoyment of the game. But I am leery of everything coming out of that studio right now. What they advertise is seldom what we get. :/
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    After reading about all the bugs/glitches that are attached to this pack, I am leaning toward the idea of totally bypassing purchasing it. Every day I come onto this forum I see at least one or two more issues being added to an already long list of issues. Oh, the modding community is doing it's best to fix these issues, and I do appreciate their hard work. But I am so tired of relying on mods to fix borked packs and updates. If I ever do decide to buy this pack it will be for the new world, not for the badly coded, almost unplayable features. It's just sad and heartbreaking to sit here and watch the Sims franchise falling apart.

Right now, I am sitting in front of a brand-new gaming laptop that isn't being used because I ran out of time to install Sims4 on it before the pre-pack update. Rather than playing I am now searching for a way to play Sims4 on my new laptop without being forced into installing that latest update. If that update wasn't a tangled mess that wouldn't be a problem. But it is a mess, and I don't want it on my new rig. And that shouldn't be happening. We shouldn't be afraid of new packs or updates that ruin our enjoyment of the game. But I am leery of everything coming out of that studio right now. What they advertise is seldom what we get. :/

I totally agree with all you've said. I really want to update and get this pack, but how long till they fix the issues, if ever?