Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wants and fears keep showing up after I restart the game..

kozardiikozardii Posts: 29 Member
This new feature is making me a little mad. I have wants and fears turned off because they never show up for me and if I turn them on my Sim gets a fear of Unfulfilled Dreams, yet if I turn them off and then restart the game, they are back on again! How can I fix this? Or is this a known issue?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• cleo224cleo224 Posts: 87 Member
    I have this too, so if you travel or go to a different lot to build or play a different family it will turn back on. I have to turn it back off each time. Just click on the box to turn it “on” and then back off, and apply changes. Too bad it doesn’t last long. I hope they fix this soon.
  • Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    edited August 2022
    It also switches back on every time you go in and out of CAS. Another occurence is when your sim first gets a boyfriend or girlfriend and usually the "want to woohoo" switches it back on. When you move another sim into your household they can often have wants and fears switched on even if you main sim has it disabled. Frankly I'm fed up with it and wish the devs hadn't bothered since they've made such a slapdash job of it.
  • kozardiikozardii Posts: 29 Member
    Every new feature feels so frustrating nowadays.. I can't with this...
  • yogurrt_toobyogurrt_toob Posts: 51 Member
    I have this as well, the option to disable them doesn't work and they are extra buggy ruining gameplay experience. One of my sims continually got the fear of swimming despite never being near water. I would disable them over and over again, buy the potion thingies from satisfaction rewards. Nothing worked.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited October 2022
    Not being able to turn off Wants and Fears have been a bug since August, here is the Answer HQ Report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Wants-Fears-toggle-stops-working-after-travelling/td-p/11692023

There is not much we players can do other than click "me too" and wait for them to fix it, there are mods out there that disables them if you don't mind using mods.

I don't understand how anyone thought that it was okay to release this game changing feature in this state.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,302 EA Community Manager
    Heya,

Please use the report on Answers HQ for discussion on this, you can find the thread here.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top