Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff pack 19 coming this year?! I can't believe it!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    A stuff pack wasn't announced in "Rise & Shine" roadmap, IKEA won't match to this theme.
    Not until the next and last roadmap of 2022 for The Sims 4, OK?

"The "rumoured" release date is mid-September." seems to be before the next roadmap.
    Good! 2022 will never be worst
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    @crocobaura

Survey 2020 had the Shopping Mall idea
    Shopping Malls

All your retail needs under one roof.
    Hang out, find deals, and discover that perfect outfit for the night ahead in full retail experience, mall cop included.

Then we better get mall cops on Segways.

2ae6c447167ae4db991eac9fd491c4f4.png

And those little cars for kids to ride on at the mall.

c870x524.jpg
  • Options
    gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    Hang out, find deals, and discover that perfect outfit for the night ahead in full retail experience, mall cop included witch that and the high school pack I could make the tv show 6teen
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    The shopping mall sounds like it'd be good in theory, but boring in execution when you consider how The Sims 4 operates.
    They haven't done retail right. They haven't done festivals right since City Living. You can already buy things in various different ways. Deals mean nothing when your sims make tons of money. Hanging out means nothing because there's not a whole lot your sims can to together besides hanging out. You can make your own mall and hang out right now, and shop there if you have Get to Work.

I read that description and thought, "This sounds like our sims will just sit at places, buy things, and maybe pull some basic pranks so the mall cop might send you to mall jail for a couple of hours." Basically stuff we can already do, with a bit of the detention mechanic from High School Years. (Except the jail might be a rabbithole time-out.) I guess it could be a nice little immersion thing, but there'd be so little unique gameplay to this.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited August 2022
  • Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    Personally I can’t imaging shopping malls being all that interesting. Based on the poll I suspect it may have been a potential idea for the High School pack (along with the Fan Clubs, another idea from the same poll) but was eventually dropped in favour of other ideas like the carnival pier and the boba tea/ thrift hangout.
  • Options
    gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    edited August 2022
    a shopping mall could be a lot of fun it all depends on how there impanated I am a big storytelle so imagen this story a teen girl who has just moved to town lets call her sam is bored so she go's to the mall there she meets a cute boy who we will call Danny he works at the mall Sam now has a smill crush on Danny but is to shy to say anything because let's get real they just meet time skip to sam's first day of school tures out danny also go's to Copperdale High ya but bad news sams dream is to get into Foxbury Institute but she don't have enough money to pay for it even if she gets in just then she get's an Ida the store Danny works at is looking for new empoys so sam starts thinking this might be her chance to note only save some money for school but get to know Danny more will sam save up enough money for school ? will her and danny fall in love ? tun in to find out
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    What did the Tweet say? I went to it and the account is deleted?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    @crocobaura

Survey 2020 had the Shopping Mall idea
    Shopping Malls

Hang out, find deals, and discover that perfect outfit for the night ahead in full retail experience, mall cop included.

I’d love a shopping mall lot, I already have 3 in my main save. One I made and 2 I down loaded and changed around a bit.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Don't know what the tweet says as the persons now suspended, but I suppose that boosts the likelihood of it being true as they probably wouldn't suspend someone if there was no reality in the "leak"
  • Options
    OK y'all! This'll be the last straw, if stuff pack(s) with CAS clothes and build/buy things can't come back at 2022, 2022 is gonna be worst with more kits
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    OK y'all! This'll be the last straw, if stuff pack(s) with CAS clothes and build/buy things can't come back at 2022, 2022 is gonna be worst with more kits

I don’t minds kits, but I love stuff packs since the beginning….
  • Options
    Here's my unhappy thanks to @LeGardePourpre for saying that 2 kits are planned this year! 2022 is about to be the worst year in my life without stuff packs for 2022 during in-development of The Sims 4! GAH!!
    nd7bf9r6q4i4.png17lar02xdby9.png

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
  • Options
    @12JEREMIA

There are still November, December and big announcements, it's not over yet.
    So you're saying that stuff pack 19 can't come back?
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    @12JEREMIA

They’re saying there’s still 2 month left so there is a chance they could come back
  • Options
    @12JEREMIA

They’re saying there’s still 2 month left so there is a chance they could come back
    OK good! So Imma make sure about this
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    If there is an in game IKEA store my Sim would need to arrive back home with five or six clutter items that she didn't know she needed until visiting the store.

And she would have to spend an hour on Simtube to find out how to fix that one shelf she put in backwards on the Billy bookshelf(low handiness skill I quess) and then travel to the in game paint store to get the exact shade of paint to cover it up.

lmao, sounds like me irl putting the wrong screws in and not understanding why one metal bar didn't fit, go to the store and get 3 different staff members to help.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    edited November 2022
    I already have several shopping malls in my game. They work fine. Even if a pack would add better organizing, I would not bother to rebuild them. But, if we get such a pack, the main feature would probably be the possibility to add sub categories per room, which would come in handy in other lots too, not just malls. It could actually be used for hotels, office complexes, perhaps even allow us to build apartments.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    A shopping mall would be too big for a stuffpack.
    I already have several shopping malls in my game. They work fine. Even if a pack would add better organizing, I would not bother to rebuild them. But, if we get such a pack, the main feature would probably be the possibility to add sub categories per room, which would come in handy in other lots too, not just malls. It could actually be used for hotels, office complexes, perhaps even allow us to build apartments.

What I want is real malls with escalators,multiple stories,elevators and fountains. We to date don't have that but Freeplay does.
  • Options
    OK! Y'all know what? I don't think I don't wanna hear another word about stuff pack anymore, y'all! 2022 has now become the worst year in my life with no stuff packs being release during this year. Can any moderators lock this thread, this conversation about stuff pack for 2022 is over
  • Options
    RIP TS4 Stuff Packs

Only Kits until the end.

Yup! Gone forever
  • Options
    @EA_Cade Please lock this! This conversation about stuff packs for 2022 is over right now
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top