Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Retaining Sims genealogy when importing a family from gallery?

Hi, I just was transferring one of my old families from CAS, and I noticed that all of their familial relations were deleted. Is there any way I can fix this, and keep their relations? Many thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Are they currently all still living, or are there a few that have passed away?
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited August 2022
    Hi, I just was transferring one of my old families from CAS, and I noticed that all of their familial relations were deleted. Is there any way I can fix this, and keep their relations? Many thanks :)

No. You cannot. Unfortunately. :(

The only way is to either try to remake it in CAS by switching them around in 'households' and altering it with cas.fulleditmode enabled, or using a mod like MCCC that you can add or remove a relation.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Garfieldwxg55Garfieldwxg55 Posts: 76 Member
    They are all still living, I know I’ve done it at least once, albeit with two adults and a teenager, though these Sims are all young adults, so not sure how to handle that…
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I was attempting to answer your question, but my brain has been a bit foggy, and my response ended up being quite confusing. But I did find an older post that was asking this very question. Hope this helps.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/875492/edit-family-relationship
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I was attempting to answer your question, but my brain has been a bit foggy, and my response ended up being quite confusing. But I did find an older post that was asking this very question. Hope this helps.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/875492/edit-family-relationship

Yes. It can be done with the cheat codes, but it's a heck of alot of work and trial and error to do it . (I have done it)

MCCC mod "basic" (without needing the other MCCC add-ons) can do it very simply. In a user friendly way. Basically point and click. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png