Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

And this is why you should save often my friends....

Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
Christina moved out and got a place in San Myshuno, I got her a boyfriend named Cory, she gets pregnant, about to finish her second semester in university. Hosted a successful dinner party where Cory got to meet the fam. All the while I stupidly forget to save.

Lana Bheeda is a neighbor and she just barged again (she is really ticking me off) for the second time (with no option to force her to leave) and I was going to kill her off but decided against it because she had finally left of her own accord and I went to lock the door. Well I had to unlock it for the dinner guests. I forget to lock it after the guest leave and Lana barges in again in the middle of the night. I use the cheats to kill her off, but instead, I accidently kill of Cory.

ALL WHILE I FORGET TO SAVE THE GAME!!!! I just lost all that progress! I is sad...... I is very sad.....

Remember to save, people remember to save, after every important event. I'm going to try to redo all this again tomorrow. The third generation of the Glass family is hitting some hiccups. XD

Edit: Okay I loaded the game back up so I can survey the damage and I didn't lose as much progress as I had feared. The only thing I lost was the dinner party, Christina becoming pregnant and her finishing her term papers and turning them in. I'm moving them out of this apartment asap because Lana is getting on my nerves.
Post edited by Fairy_Happy on

Comments

• wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Ugh I feel ya! It is the worst feeling ever knowing all that happened and you didn’t save and have to do it all over again! I’m trying to do either every time a lot happens or every sim night depending on what I remember to do.

Christina moved out and got a place in San Myshuno, I got her a boyfriend named Cory, she gets pregnant, about to finish her second semester in university. Hosted a successful dinner party where Cory got to meet the fam. All the while I stupidly forget to save.

Lana Bheeda is a neighbor and she just barged again (she is really ticking me off) for the second time (with no option to force her to leave) and I was going to kill her off but decided against it because she had finally left of her own accord and I went to lock the door. Well I had to unlock it for the dinner guests. I forget to lock it after the guest leave and Lana barges in again in the middle of the night. I use the cheats to kill her off, but instead, I accidently kill of Cory.

ALL WHILE I FORGET TO SAVE THE GAME!!!! I just lost all that progress! I is sad...... I is very sad.....

Remember to save, people remember to save, after every important event. I'm going to try to redo all this again tomorrow. The third generation of the Glass family is hitting some hiccups. XD

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member

Edit: Okay I loaded the game back up so I can survey the damage and I didn't lose as much progress as I had feared. The only thing I lost was the dinner party, Christina becoming pregnant and her finishing her term papers and turning them in. I'm moving them out of this apartment asap because Lana is getting on my nerves.

I've lost so much from not saving that now I'm doing the opposite and saving too much. Like when everyones needs are up. Or when everyone finished their work or homework. Etc. way too much!!!
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    Ugh I feel ya! It is the worst feeling ever knowing all that happened and you didn’t save and have to do it all over again! I’m trying to do either every time a lot happens or every sim night depending on what I remember to do.

It is a very terrible feeling....
    Every Sim night is actually a smart idea. I might start doing that.

Behappy1st wrote: »

I've lost so much from not saving that now I'm doing the opposite and saving too much. Like when everyones needs are up. Or when everyone finished their work or homework. Etc. way too much!!!

So such thing as too much saving. :p

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited August 2022
    Yeah, I started saving a lot because sometimes my plants turn to dirt ( both inside ones and outside ones ). Most all of my sims have the simple living lot trait. So many grow at least a few plants of their own since it is hard to find some of the vegetables/fruit I want when I want them for a recipe. When going to food stands and ordering from the phone there are some that just don’t always show up, and seasons makes it where I can’t look for them because they aren’t in season.

I wish when we order or go to stalls to get fruit/vegetables/herbs that all fruit from all of our packs showed up, and that we could get as many as we like at a time….. well at least up to 10 at a time. If a sim has the money to buy them they should be easy to get, all my sims shouldn’t have to keep indoor plants…… I don’t want them all to have to garden, especially when the revert to dirt bug strikes. I had to stop playing a sim that depended on a large greenhouse and her plants for a long time because she used the plants to pay her bills.

Anyway…… I save a lot now!!
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Now that's a twist I didn't see coming in Boy Meets World! :o
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I save every sim night. But if I change sims in CAS or something on the lot I'll save. Yes I do save during/after important events too.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    @SheriSim57 if you're not oppsed to mods check out srslysim's mod Srslys Complete Cooking Overhaul (SCCO for short) on Patreon. It should have what you're looking for.
  • FirewestgamerFirewestgamer Posts: 30 Member
    Luckily if I forget to save it's bc I gotta go
  • FirewestgamerFirewestgamer Posts: 30 Member
    I save when I'm done playing
  • SirianaSimsSirianaSims Posts: 177 Member
    I use MCCC, and I've set it up to ask me if I want to save every day at midnight (in-game). And I've made a habit of saving before traveling and before/after major events like aging up or taking pregnancy tests and such.
    generation5juliapaul.png