Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are you feeling about the sims 4 and its current state ?

Comments

• GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    edited August 2022
    Another week with a largely unplayable game and no patch in sight, so I continue to play Sims 3 and Civ VI.

Getting home from work in the summer afternoon... He always appears on the other side of the lake and swim home, and outside it's pitch black even though no clouds.
    ZsehgwS.png
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • kw4222kw4222 Posts: 16 Member
    Playing the Sims 4 right now is so exhausting, that I’ve stopped playing it. There’s SO many bugs and uncontrollable/unbalanced animations that it just feels like I’m struggling against my sims to just make it through 15 minutes of gameplay. I want to relax from real life to dive into my fantasy life, but instead I just get so frustrated that the most basic elements of the game are in such a poor state. HSY is the first expansion pack that I haven’t purchased, and I honestly have no desire to after seeing all of the issues. It just feels so rushed and cheap. There are elements that I would love to have in my game (the high school, cheerleading, Trendi), but it’s not worth it to me to pile on more mess to my game. Rather than feeling like an expansion of the gameplay, I’m afraid it would just expand my frustration. So, so sad to think about all of the money that I’ve invested in this game, and it’s too broken to be enjoyable now.
  • GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    Another Friday. Still no patch. Game largely unplayable. Start up Sims3 instead.
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    It still bores me to death.

I tell my self I am going to give it a go, spend 2 hours updating mods and cc, open the game and load a household.
    The constant deranged smiling, vapid behavior, useless genetics and complete lack of playable teens makes me turn the game off again after five minutes. Max.

Packs are not integrated and I feel I get very little enjoyment out of them.
    There are not enough, or interesting enough, traits, 3 is insufficient and whims or whatever they are called now are utterly useless.

53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    At the moment, I'm enjoying playing my game. I did a game repair, followed by a game reset (what I've been calling a game folder refresh) and so far, so good. Mind you, none of my Teens have yet entered high school. I decided to give them until the Tuesday after Labor Day (one of the holidays I like to include in my game). With a 14 day season, and I started them in summer, that only gives them 16 days before the GRIND starts. Erik is a full-fledged Global Superstar, (in 8 Sim days, mind you, with only so many days left, (I play on Long) until he ages up to YA, that is, when I decide to turn aging back on. If he fails to graduate— or if upon aging up he's again dubbed a Drop Out, I might not feel so good about things again.

What would I want in another pack? Hm, let me see … How about a pack that works up front without having to constantly battle bugs? MWS, I love the concept, and it does have a high learning curve, but all-in-all the weddings are more fulfilling than before. Now, if only I can get over the Drop Out stigma for a Sim who is only 17 years old and is incredibly successful! He's even won a Starlight Accolade for Best Song, his first time out!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Honestly I am still enjoying playing the Sims, although the shine has gone off lately mainly due to the fact that in order to actually play the game I have to constantly rely on cheats or mods. Can't complete some aspiration goals without mods or cheats, can't get sims to constantly stop using their phones without mods, Sims family tree is constantly broken so have to use mods or cheats to fix relationships, can't always complete career promotion needs so have to resort to cheats there, and so on. I accept that unless EA changes its stance on having Grim has a playable character that I will always be reliant on cheats or mods in that particular case, but there's so much in the Sims right now that I need to use mods or cheats on just to move my sims through the game. It's frustrating, it detracts from the escapist enjoyment of playing, and it's not good enough considering the amount of money people will spend on the game.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Whitedove52355Whitedove52355 Posts: 34 Member
    Only issue I have had is the cell phone obsession. I hate it! It disrupts my gameplay and happens every few minutes. I really hope they fix that. I didn't buy the high school pack since I had no interest. The future? I want to see bugs fixed. Stop with all the new content and simply address ongoing issues. Maybe revisit old packs and add a bit more to them. Also would love to be able to cancel wants. Why can't we do that now?
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Only issue I have had is the cell phone obsession. I hate it! It disrupts my gameplay and happens every few minutes. I really hope they fix that. I didn't buy the high school pack since I had no interest. The future? I want to see bugs fixed. Stop with all the new content and simply address ongoing issues. Maybe revisit old packs and add a bit more to them. Also would love to be able to cancel wants. Why can't we do that now?

I agree with all of the above.
  • TheGrandTourFanTheGrandTourFan Posts: 33 Member
    I sincerely can't take it anymore. I've given this game so many chances to at least pretend to be entertaining but I find myself going back to TS3 every single time. The DLC is beyond atrocious; so it the absolute myriad of bugs that the developers seem to refuse to fix. They will just blame it on mods (that doesn't work for people who are on console or who are on PC but don't use mods at all) and go on to produce another bug-riddled, uninteresting POS of a pack. Don't get me started to those "kits". Until the players get their heads out of their collective butts and realize that they're being ripped off, absolutely nothing will change.
  • jellybelly_3jellybelly_3 Posts: 75 Member
    I just wish they could combine all the sim games, since every game has its own niche. What I miss most is how past games had way more fantasy/supernatural base content while being realistic at the same time! I strongly dislike how they don't do much with the alien feature in the game. To add on top of that, I just want them to come out with one huge supernatural expansion pack and actually perfect it before releasing it!!!!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Ooo, a Sims 4 Titanic? Cool & creepy @ the same time. ;)

Several years ago built a reduced scale one in TS2. Took several largest sized lots to do it. The machine it was on is now long gone. Even had Jack and Rose.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    The Sims 4 is dead to me. I'm happy revisiting old games while Paralives or other new life simultors aren't yet available. I lost all the hopes and the respect I used to have for Maxis. I'm tired.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I don’t feel anything towards this game, lol. I’ve stopped purchasing long ago, stopped coming onto the forums as much simply out of lack of interest, and have just sat back as I wait for the next Sims game to come out.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I have not opened the game in three weeks according to origin, and i am not going to attempt playing it until the on/off switch for wants and fears starts working properly. It is very bugged at the moment so i consider the sims 4 to be in a not so good state currently. It wasn't in a perfect condition before but at least it felt playable to me.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I actually enjoy the game the most since it's release. But for me there are barely any bugs. I really liked what they did with the wants, fears and whims.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • lebgirl_18lebgirl_18 Posts: 142 Member
    It’s not good. My game lags every five seconds 😭
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2022
    Reading so many complaints makes me feel Sims 4 is starting to suffer the same problems Sims 3 suffered and what so ironic about it does not have even half the features Sims 3 had. However, this is a developers issue as they did not address most issues in Sims 3 and now most issues are not addressed in Sims 4. Also, packs piled on top on top of packs w/o fixing what was ailing before just does not help the issues.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 247 Member
    I would answer this but I don't think the EA Guru's would be happy, ROFL. :D:D
  • Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    After all these years, Sims 4 still feels like a mobile game gone wrong. Compared to the previous games, it feels like there's less content than ever. Dine Out is still broken lol. I personally don't mind the graphics of the game, quite the opposite, imo the sims look better than ever before. Also, build mode is really good. But that's where Sims 4's superiority stops. The actual gameplay just isn't enjoyable: Queueing up actions feels awful, because they get dropped randomly or interrupt other actions that you do not want to interrupt (e.g. sleeping). The pie menu is delayed by a good 2 secs when you click on the fridge or computer. The fears and wants are horrible. My sims get the same ones on loop and even after turning that awful system off, my sim still gained a fear?? Everything in this game feels incomplete or heavily improvable. Also, I will never forget the state this game launched in LOL. We didn't have pools, toddlers or terrain tools. The all-white maps in neighborhood view. Adults and teens are still the same thing.

I've gone back to Sims 3 and 2, and I'm curious about Sims 5. But Sims 4 is dead imo. The newest expansion pack is clearly a last desperate attempt to milk some money out of people who like the game (and thought they'd be getting a functioning high school lol).
  • PoopyPoopy Posts: 1 New Member
    For the price of the packs and kits etc this game should be boarder line flawless. The price is absolutely ridiculous considering how many issues are arising, I don’t want to have to delete and redownload my game every couple weeks. AND the fact that it’s going to be free now? Everyone who bought it before should get a free pack or something because this game has been raising a lot of concerns lately. :|
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    The glitches aren't as bad like the Sims 3 was.
    edited September 2022
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    The glitches aren't as bad like the Sims 3 was.

Maybe for you but regardless still glitched or have bugs and it was toned down and it still have problems and it may get worse.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    From the perspective of someone who has come back to playing regularly after spending very little time on it going back to when Paranormal Stuff was released, I am actually pretty happy with a lot of what they have been adding, if still frustrated that most packs have major issues with the systems they introduce when they come out.

They have added enough sub sytems such as sentaments, likes/dislikes romantic/neighbourhood stories (if setup carefully) as well as things like giving more depth to some of the traits make sims and the world feel less static, rather than forcing you to drive everything yourself. The game is still limited by everything being built around the moodlet system and I still have to use a lot of mods to get the game closer to what I would like it to be, but what they have been adding has made the game more immersive for me, when I'm not dealing with major bugs.
  • IlikebuildingIlikebuilding Posts: 41 Member
    From my experience with previous versions of the Sims many of the problems above can come from not having a powerful enough PC. Even with Sims 4, the more packs I added, the more laggy it got, until eventually it would not Save. That was mainly on upto i3 non-gaming machines. Now I use an i7 with a mid-range 4gb graphics card and 16gb RAM gaming PC. With a large household in a large house with most Packs etc, it is a bit laggy, but at least it will play and save. In a house with nowhere near as much PC grunt demand needed it runs fine.
    I recall people in the Sims 1 Forum moaning they could not even run the game, and it transpired they were using laptops mainly. Most games have a recommended PC grunt specs. Min and Max. The Min is to encourage people to fork out their money, but I would suggest that even the Max specs are not good enough. The more Packs etc you add the more power is needed. Simple.
    As to new aspects not meshing well with old aspects in the software, that's an entire whole thread!
    From my experience with previous versions of the Sims many of the problems above can come from not having a powerful enough PC. Even with Sims 4, the more packs I added, the more laggy it got, until eventually it would not Save. That was mainly on upto i3 non-gaming machines. Now I use an i7 with a mid-range 4gb graphics card and 16gb RAM gaming PC. With a large household in a large house with most Packs etc, it is a bit laggy, but at least it will play and save. In a house with nowhere near as much PC grunt demand needed it runs fine.
    I recall people in the Sims 1 Forum moaning they could not even run the game, and it transpired they were using laptops mainly. Most games have a recommended PC grunt specs. Min and Max. The Min is to encourage people to fork out their money, but I would suggest that even the Max specs are not good enough. The more Packs etc you add the more power is needed. Simple.
    As to new aspects not meshing well with old aspects in the software, that's an entire whole thread!

My systems were well-equipped and I had not experienced most problems others were having unless it was a developer's error like in IP EP. Some people system was not up to snuff and blamed the program and that happens in other games as well.