Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are you feeling about the sims 4 and its current state ?

Comments

• maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I am taking a break from Sims 4. I am frustrated with all the bugs since the patch and, from what I have read on the forum, how the newly implemented behaviors are affecting gameplay. So I plan to stay away until most of it is fixed. I started playing Sims 2, but could only play for less than an hour. I always loved that game but had forgotten how much fun it really is, and how much more challenging! I had a blast in that little bit of time and can't wait to get back to my game! I was really missing Sims 4 and wanting to get back to playing, but now that I am experiencing Sims 2 again I won't miss it as much. I feel a bit saddened by this, though. Sims 2 is an old game. Since then there has been so much progress in technology. I would expect that that would make newer games even better. Sims 2 has so much more depth, so I think that is why it is so addictive.
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    My Sim went for an Energized Jog and was tapping away at his phone the entire time. Nobody does this in real life. You would run into so many objects and people if you didn't look at the road ahead of you.
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    I'm taking a break from it at the moment. A long moment.

It's a minor thing, but those cellphone animations that shows up every 5 seconds or so (I didn't count) annoy me even more than the bugs - because at least they have the excuse of being unplanned. Unless I've missed a post where they adress this annoyance feature, this is apparently something they're proud of, or at least, they've implemented it, and they won't bother to remove it or make it optional because of those precious time constraints that were luckily not a thing when they coded this abomination into the game.

Not all my Sims are cellphone obsessive. I can't fathom who came up with this brilliant idea. "Hey, let us make all the Sims even more glued to their cellphone, no matter which age they are, because kids today are all about social media and nothing else."

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I love hearing other peoples views of the game, I love the sims 4 but my sims constantly on their phone is annoying and of course someone else on this thread has said you could start a conversation with a sim on a community lot and they just leave like how rude 🀣, I hope they fix this, I would say overall I love the direction this game is going, the packs that have been released I've enjoyed them, alot of huge updates, I would love a gamepack that adds so much gameplay for toddlers and children, a baby update and an optional walking stick for our elders, burglars of course and social services
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited August 2022
    I had a great session with my game last night. Today, I can't play until I update, sort all my mods out etc etc. This is a decision forced on me and may well turn into a game breaker for me.

I usually stay a couple of patches behind and then when I feel ready, I will update and buy a pack or two.

The last pack and patches look to me as just plain shoddy workmanship and as I have been forced to update, I will probably install one or two mods and play. If it is really bad and if the next patch is also forced, I will absolutely be abandoning the game.

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    I figured I'm really just not a member of the intended Sims 4 target audience and never will be. Sad to share this, but I'm no one's bestie. I'm this crazy, random dude who loves making up psychological horrors and wacky adventure stories and couldn't give a snails fart about phones and the latest fashion / social trends. What are you even on about?

Like it or not forum has unanimously voted Captain as bestie and we would all be in very sad moodlet if there was no longer Captains adventures and horrors

I do agree though i do feel like game is struggling with knowing its audience
    especially the existing audience :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    It's sad, really. They updated it and it's still unplayable in some ways. I am tempted to fully uninstall.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    I'm in the target audience -- a lot of the things they've added are relevant to my generation [bubble tea, thrifting, streaming, t-posing]. They're cute additions but I'd really love to see some stuff that isn't entirely geared towards what Gen Z enjoys. :)
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    edited August 2022
    The only version I play with any resemblance to regularity stops at Du and does not have Seasons. The version on a newer machine that is current up to Cottage in terms of packs and maybe a little beyond in terms of updates has not been played for so long I don't remember when. It is simply more aggravation than fun. The packs since Cottage range from zero to negative interest, and what I've read in the forums and elsewhere regarding their 'quality' only lowers said already low interest. All the BG 'improvements' and additions EA has tossed in only make it worse, again the impression I get from forum reading. Bugs, including ancient ones, run rampant and are proliferating unchecked. So, how do I feel about the game? The iceberg has been hit, a long time ago, and it's past time to get a seat in one of the lifeboats, EA's bravado and marketing notwithstanding.
  • PhantomStarPhantomStar Posts: 1 New Member
    I have played Sims since the beginning. I started playing this when I was 6 or 7 years old. I have been there for the releases of 2, 3, and 4. I have loved this game for 20 of 26 years on this crap planet. Right now, I am so heart broken and so upset with the state of this game. I know games are going to have bugs and issues, but this game breaking to the point I can't even play my game because of fhe issues with it randomly trashing progress and jumping back in time. Sims 2 and 3 were incredible, I don't know what has happened to this game at this point. Like its heart breaking to see it coming to packs with very little gameplay, and so many bugs that people cant even play the game until bugs are fixed. It seems they have misstepped every step of the way woth sims 4. Even at launch they left out so much stuff that I cant think of an excuse for it not having been there from the get go. I just feel at this point stop giving new stuff until you fix and refinish everything we already have. I still love this game, but I am starting to lose hope in it. Like it is just so freaking upsetting to see all of these issues and then once we finally get the content we beg for, its barely even up to par and lackluster. Please just fix and retouch whats already there or just freaking call it quits and start over fresh completely on a sims 5. Give me back the game I grew up loving.
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member
    I am really tired of the new wants and fears. They dominate the game far too much. Ewen self-confident Sims suddenly sit and ponder dejectedly about the meaning of life when you choose to ignore their wishes. I am a storyteller and this is devastating to a planned script.
    I'm also really sick of sims asking my main character if they should be best friends. If you say no, both sender and receiver are emotionally affected negatively. If you say yes, your main character loses the best friend they already have. It happens far too often and means that I have to spend endless time fixing the Sims' emotional moods.
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    Feel like its becoming more and more lackluster and releasing in what feels like beta state packs, high school years was one my anticipated and waited for packs since I felt like was very little for teens to do, but just disappointed in how pack was prioritized. Wish they had put effort they worked on social bunny and Trendi more into making classes more interesting and social activities more engaging. Feel like the pack on school play part doesn't offer much in terms of better active school play then Zerbu mod already provides.

Cannot understand why they didn't collaborate with Zerbu on getting permission to integrate and expand on his mod to deliver more interesting school play, also don't understand why social bunny and Trendi wasn't given it's own pack like social media kit or something, where features could been made more interesting, like being able to view Trendi outfits and buy trendi outfits other users created or share ours up on Trendi others users could buy, think that been way more fun inclusion of the mod. Also don't get why social bunny didn't get more work on making it fun, its fun like for first 30min after which all post just repeating same lines over and over again.

Feel like it sink my hopes for direction of new releases if this is what is in store for the future it makes me sad.
  • ForbiddenOrgansForbiddenOrgans Posts: 19 Member
    For the most part, I like it as much as I always have but, on the other hand, there are a couple things I find irritating. I'm sick of new packs and the updates that come with them, especially when with stuff like HSY people seem to be dissatisfied with the pack in general, which makes it seem like the ways that batch of messed up updates inconvenienced me wasn't even worth it. I'm also sick of the fact that it is freaking 2022 and there is still nothing for disabilities even though they have put effort into other types of diversity and keep wasting time on useless packs and kits that add nothing to the game. I want wheelchairs, prosthetics, crutches, walkers, hearing aids, seeing eye dogs, braile books on the bookshelf, and stuff in CAS like scars, facial differences, and blind eyes. I don't want the predominantly useless and underwhelming packs and kits they keep throwing out and all these darn updates, I want real, meaningful representation that should've been in the game since the Sims 1.
  • KadaveraKadavera Posts: 12 New Member
    Everything for me was going great until the latest patch.

I won't get into the long list of annoyances, one of which is that I now have celebrity sims in a game where I have the spotlight turned off. Imagine my surprise when the first of my sims after the update got her first star.

The "Wants and Fears" are a pain. While the plumb bob is spinning during the load-up, it says, "Wants are things your sim wants to do but you don't have to." Remember when it used to say "Whims" instead of "Wants?" Anyway. If we don't have to do them, then where's the little red "x" to cancel them? If we don't do them, then our sim accuses us of standing in the way of their happiness. If we want to change them, it costs 300 rewards points for a potion otherwise they just... stay there. And their wants are terrible. I had an engaged gay sim get a want to kiss some female acquaintance (not even a friend), just because they knew them. Of course I bought the potion. He's not a cheater and he certainly doesn't like girls. But they certainly need to remove that suggestion in the load-up about how we don't have to do the wants if we don't want to.

And those darned fears. My sim comes home from work. He JUST got the last promotion and is in the top of his field. He now works only 4 days a week and makes 1.9K simoleons a day. You'd think he'd be happy... right? As soon as the notification of his promotion pops up, there's another right behind it and he's got this sad moodlet and an icon that he wants to go into the closet to cry. Why? Because he thinks he's in a dead end job. Seriously? We worked hard to get him to the top and now he thinks it's all crap?
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,900 Member
    Im not sure how i feel now... i just spent 90 minutes visiting lots and making sims drink potion to get rid of fears, just sayin.... 'nuff said :neutral:
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I have mixed feelings about the game currently.

I was fairly pleased with the werewolves release and the update that came with that GP. The game was stable with no big bugs in my game and I finally had a new occult to explore. But then came the high school patch which added fears which can't be turned off, the aging bug, the constant phone animation,... The fact that this patch was forced on us with no way to opt out makes it only worse. I often postpone patches by playing offline and am still very angry that origin made this impossible. Hopefully it will work again for a next patch.

Then there is also the direction the game is going. All the attention is towards players in age group 15 to 25 years. This game is starting to feel like a different game than it used to be.

I can still enjoy the game when I am playing but the recent patches are also a big source of frustration nowadays. Patches used to be something to look forward too, now they are something to dread because of bugs and unwanted features. Luckily the neighbourhood stories were the exception and can be turned off properly. Otherwise I would have quit the game entirely last year.
  • RPGTabbycatRPGTabbycat Posts: 48 Member
    I turned off Wants and Fears and would love the option to have whims back. I have a mental illness and wants and fears just drive my anxiety through the roof so I play without it. Now I just "pretend" my sims have whims and occasionally grant them points (through a cheat) when they accomplish something. It's very frustrating to keep having to toggle wants and fears off all the time and nearly panic because I have forgotten to turn it off and my sim now has some stupid random fear that they should never have gotten in the first place. Other than that, I love the Sims 4 and really enjoy playing it. It's just the Wants and Fears that are not good for my mental health. Does anyone actually test this stuff before it goes live?
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,066 Member
    edited August 2022
    It's in a pretty bad state from the sound of things. I haven't played since the big patch came out before High School Years so I can't confirm or deny all of the new bugs being reported. That being said, I'm not feeling good about TS4 mainly because of its lack of content when compared to TS2 and TS3. If the developers could do more pack refreshes like was done with Spa Day that would go a long way to make myself (and others who also believe the amount content is lacking) feel better about having invested so much money into TS4.

As of now, I have no interest in playing the game in its current state (assuming it actually is as bad as people are saying) or buying the two most recent packs (Werewolves and High School Years). I also certainly have no interest in seeing a fifth installment. The only thing that could potentially change my mind is if more of TS4's existing packs were refreshed and the bugs were fixed.
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member
    I turned off Wants and Fears and would love the option to have whims back. I have a mental illness and wants and fears just drive my anxiety through the roof so I play without it. Now I just "pretend" my sims have whims and occasionally grant them points (through a cheat) when they accomplish something. It's very frustrating to keep having to toggle wants and fears off all the time and nearly panic because I have forgotten to turn it off and my sim now has some stupid random fear that they should never have gotten in the first place. Other than that, I love the Sims 4 and really enjoy playing it. It's just the Wants and Fears that are not good for my mental health. Does anyone actually test this stuff before it goes live?
    This is a serious limitation to your game. It's good that you find a way to enjoy it after all.

Some of us use the game to escape from everyday challenges and it is absolutely not healing to have our fears thrown in the face in the game.
    I have written a comment on wants and fear on my blog. I won't repeat it here, but I spent max an hour in the game taking pictures of my older simself Mona and in that time she had three severe anxiety attacks over her fear of death. Is this supposed to be funny?
    It's insane and it makes it almost impossible to play with an older Sim.
  • AGirlKeepsSecretsAGirlKeepsSecrets Posts: 1 New Member
    It's really buggy since HSY came out and I am worried they wont support the game as well anymore since they seem to be starting development on a new Sims based IP. Should I keep buying packs at all anymore? Are they going to make us abandon sims 4 for the new IP as per the usual modus operendi?
  • RPGTabbycatRPGTabbycat Posts: 48 Member
    Not sure if this is really the place to post it, but the inappropriate romance bug is still there. I just had some random Paparazzi lady ask my toddler to be her girlfriend. It seems like after the HS years pack and game update there have been some really bad bugs in the game. I hope they get fixed.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Mail for Titanic may be posted here.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Ooo, a Sims 4 Titanic? Cool & creepy @ the same time. ;)
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Almost confused to put my words into place correct, for all the moments I can smile a little there's at least another two moments waiting out back to beat me up and drag me to California.

Compared to the result of the Sims 2 and 3 after their 4 year lifespans it's... Iffy to put it.

My performance issues with this game has gotten to the point where I can genuinely say it's worse than the Sims 3 ever was pre Nraas, my PC is more than capable of running modern games on good settings but sometimes if I load the game it'll just lag, no fix except restarting. Buy mode lag is a major annoyance and simulation lag? Even with the fixes there's a lot of times I have to turn the gamespeed down to 1 just so my Sim can wash their hands in a concievable timeframe before work.

There's a lot of minor things I don't like about 4 like ghosts being more friendly and less "scare you to death because you sold his favourite couch". Why's my Sims dead Grandmother even calling? Neighbourhood stories phone calls are iffy, I've never had Sims ask about engagements, very rarely about promotions, 90% of the time it's just Megumi Ito calling about having a baby every day.

I just need more housing space, I seldom touched premades in prior games and making all my custom Sims leaves so few homes in the right location, take Mt Komorebi, you have about 3 premades, you can fit 3 more in before you're out of luck, hope those 3 aren't single Sims or you're in trouble. Take Forgotten Hollow or the one in Realm of Magic, two Sims and you then might as well just move someone into Newcrest if you don't plan on evicting premades.

I feel like most of my complaints come from just being a fan of super grounded things like the first two games, Sims 2' illnesses which could easily be considered a problem when your whole town falls "strangely" ill and dies one by one, and not just standing there and having some tiger stripes pop up and induce a bad gut feeling in me. It's disgusting to look at for some reason.

I haven't even tried Highschool years, but if the bugs are as bad as what I've seen... I don't even need to say anything about it

I do genuinely still enjoy it sometimes. But it's too hard to not compare to the past which I'd sometimes still load up in the favour of just so I could build my own world, or play stable with much more controlled quirkiness.
    L9q8VGi.png