Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone had a random sim student go against their sexual orientation?

ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
I just had an interested in women, not exploring, interested in mess around with women male sim ask my interested in women, not exploring, interested in mess around with women male sim to the prom. And it wasn't as a friend, because there were red hearts with negative signs when I said no. So is this busted, too?
Post edited by ravynwolvf on

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    I just had an interested in women, not exploring, interested in mess around with women sim ask my interested in women, not exploring, interested in mess around with women sim to the prom. And it wasn't as a friend, because there were red hearts with negative signs when I said no. So is this busted, too?

Wait, I'm confused, wouldn't that be right?

You said the person's preferences who asked your sim to the prom were:
    • Interested in women
    • Not exploring
    • Interested in mess around with women

And your sim's preferences were:
    • Interested in women
    • Not exploring

Maybe I misunderstood how the preferences work, but that's how I assumed it would be. If my sim is only interested in women, is not exploring but is ok with messing around with women I figured an NPC with the same preferences would be someone who would try and hook up with my sim.

Maybe someone can explain to me in full detail what the settings actually mean and how I can set them to be exactly how I want?
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited August 2022
    No, that's the opposite. A male sim who is interested in women is basically a straight man. Two who are the same are both straight men. Why would they want to hook up? (One guy says to the other "Hi, I see you like women too, so let's date"?).

Anything else and I can see why you might think that. They both like ice cream, reason maybe to date. But if two men both like women, they don't want each other.
    edited August 2022
    To explain it further, sims (male or female) who are interested in men should be hitting on men. If they are interested in women, they should be hitting on women. If they are interested in either they should/could be hitting on both. I took leaving both blank to mean they aren't interested in anyone and shouldn't be hitting on anyone. Still exploring means that whatever (men or women) they are currently interested in, there's still a chance they may respond favorably to the opposite.

I just had an interested in women, not exploring, interested in mess around with women sim ask my interested in women, not exploring, interested in mess around with women sim to the prom. And it wasn't as a friend, because there were red hearts with negative signs when I said no. So is this busted, too?

• Interested in women
    • Not exploring

• Interested in women
    • Not exploring

Maybe I misunderstood how the preferences work, but that's how I assumed it would be. If my sim is only interested in women, is not exploring but is ok with messing around with women I figured an NPC with the same preferences would be someone who would try and hook up with my sim.

Maybe someone can explain to me in full detail what the settings actually mean and how I can set them to be exactly how I want?

Okay the above explains the settings, but I just realized what you may have thought, so I'm editing what I put. If the two sims I was talking about were both WOMEN, then yes, then it would be working right. They were both men. Crucial bit I left out.
  • LeccaLecca Posts: 123 Member
    Every time I have said no to a friendly ask to prom it has had the negative hearts reaction above the head. There has been no negative romance bar though so I’ve been ignoring it. I have not adjusted sexual orientation for any of these sims yet.
  • 007Ecko007Ecko Posts: 22 Member
    All my sims are going against their sexual orientation. Also my young adult sim has sexual interest in teens and vice versa.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member

Okay the above explains the settings, but I just realized what you may have thought, so I'm editing what I put. If the two sims I was talking about were both WOMEN, then yes, then it would be working right. They were both men. Crucial bit I left out.

Ahhhh ok, gotcha! So both were men, that makes sense. I would be wondering why it it's not working correctly too.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    My married female sim who's for males in every way was thinking (whims) of kissing her female friend. So I think it's glitched. Also maybe it doesn't help that sims are not always faithful. I really need that mod.....
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Yes I think it’s another glitch cause it’s happening in my game as well. I’m hoping since she’s now married it won’t be as bad.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
    Okay so Female sim is 1.romantically attracted to male 2.interested in woohoo with male 3.exploring romantically...yes or no? I don't understand exploring romantically. if i tick yes does that mean she can explore with both sex? OR ticking no means she will just be interested in males.....
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

• Interested in women
    • Not exploring

• Interested in women
    • Not exploring

Sims outside your sexual orientation will still try to hook up with your sim but you can tell them no.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Yes I think it’s another glitch cause it’s happening in my game as well. I’m hoping since she’s now married it won’t be as bad.

No it happens. Thing is, I didn't know that it is automatically set to both and made a whole family. My teen can't date because two girls he was after is either gay or both and my married wife sim is want relations with a female coworker when I want a family type style of play??? This orientation being preset is messing up the way I want to play. It should be optional like all other play not mandatory for all preset sims. It should be changeable and preset to liking the opposite sex sim. That way anyone wanting some other storyline can fix it the way they want it and all the marriages and strait sims can like strait sims. It is nothing like it was before the patch and sims don't act the way they did before regardless of what the announcement said about them.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Just go in and change all the sims that are part of your play, played or not, and change the orientation the way you want it. Then the ones you don’t want to play just take out of favorites.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2022
    Okay so Female sim is 1.romantically attracted to male 2.interested in woohoo with male 3.exploring romantically...yes or no? I don't understand exploring romantically. if i tick yes does that mean she can explore with both sex? OR ticking no means she will just be interested in males.....

Yes would basically mean she is straight but bi-curious. Exploring means they haven't decided their preferences 100% yet, so are willing to try other things.

No would make her 100% straight.
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Yes would basically mean she is straight but bi-curious. Exploring means they haven't decided their preferences 100% yet, so are willing to try other things.

No would make her 100% straight.

Thank you. I did some experimenting and you are correct.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    So... If I have a female that is romantically interested in males and wants to woohoo males, but has "exploration" ticked as yes, does she go with another female on a date? I don't understand it :(
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited September 2022
    davina1221 wrote: »

No it happens. Thing is, I didn't know that it is automatically set to both and made a whole family. My teen can't date because two girls he was after is either gay or both and my married wife sim is want relations with a female coworker when I want a family type style of play??? This orientation being preset is messing up the way I want to play. It should be optional like all other play not mandatory for all preset sims. It should be changeable and preset to liking the opposite sex sim. That way anyone wanting some other storyline can fix it the way they want it and all the marriages and strait sims can like strait sims. It is nothing like it was before the patch and sims don't act the way they did before regardless of what the announcement said about them.

It stinks that it is glitchy, however, your idea that heterosexuality should be a default preset is problematic. People simply are not, by default, straight, any more than they are, by default, brown eyed with black (or brown/black) hair. Instead, the game randomizes things so that, just as in real life, sims come in varieties and no player or set of players will get to have the entire game default to something that matches them alone and excludes other people's realities. Nobody gets to have a world in which there is only one kind of Sim.

Sexual orientation and gender identity are ways in which real people vary, that is an innate characteristic, not a choice people make.

Your comment on marriage also seemed to imply that marriage = straight couples, but wherever their rights have been made equal, to marry and start families, LGBTQ people also marry, and many also start families. Some can have biological children, and for those who cannot, they have the same reproductive options or adoption options as infertile straight couples.

We all agree that it's immersion-breaking when a sim behaves counter to what their orientation and interests are supposed to be. But the solution is not to default all sims to being cis/hetero, any more than it would be a solution to default them all to gay.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Diassa wrote: »
    So... If I have a female that is romantically interested in males and wants to woohoo males, but has "exploration" ticked as yes, does she go with another female on a date? I don't understand it :(

That means she'll flirt with both males and females and is willing to be romantic with females even though she prefers male sims. She may also develop crushes on females note this only applies to teens as the crushes are locked to teens which is unfortunate.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member

Diassa wrote: »

That means she'll flirt with both males and females and is willing to be romantic with females even though she prefers male sims. She may also develop crushes on females note this only applies to teens as the crushes are locked to teens which is unfortunate.

Good to know about the crushes being teens only. Hadn't played enough since HSY came out, to notice that. It is kind of too bad, but also kind of reflective of reality in that adults seem to be more settled in their romantic urges compared to teens,ess likely to go through one. Rush after another. Alloromantic people, anyway.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    To explain it further, sims (male or female) who are interested in men should be hitting on men. If they are interested in women, they should be hitting on women. If they are interested in either they should/could be hitting on both. I took leaving both blank to mean they aren't interested in anyone and shouldn't be hitting on anyone. Still exploring means that whatever (men or women) they are currently interested in, there's still a chance they may respond favorably to the opposite.

I took it to mean your Sim would behave like they always have Neutral until another Sim initiates. It was always possible to have same-gender relationships prior, but you the player could do the directing. I understood that by not assigning things, it would be like it always was.

I have to say, when my Sim asked his potential wife after they first met what she was into, she said she was still exploring! I took her back into CAS to see if I had adjusted something in error. No, it was still set to NOT exploring. I'm very vexed over this. I'm beginning to fear my playing of this game is no longer wanted. :open_mouth: This, after I have dumped hundreds of dollars into this franchise since 2005.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member
    My married female sim who's for males in every way was thinking (whims) of kissing her female friend. So I think it's glitched. Also maybe it doesn't help that sims are not always faithful. I really need that mod.....

you should steal the fidelity mod from chingyu, with that the problems are over, you can tell who can be unfaithful or not, if they can flirt with their exes or not, those traits saved my game. :wink:

• TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    It works in my game.