Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wyrd Girls - New Pack? [Resolved]

luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,622 Member
So, I was planning to get High School Years but with everything I'm hearing now it sounds like a neat idea but a poor implementation. So, I think I'm going to wait on that.

I'm wondering now, should I pick up a new pack to help inspire me for Wyrd Girls Book 2.

For reference, I currently have - City Living, Cottage Living, Discovery University, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get Together, Vampires, Werewolves, Realm of Magic, Paranormal, Dine Out and Spa Days. I do not want to get Get to Work or Strangeville.

Please let me know what, if anything, you would suggest I get and why.
Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
Post edited by luciusstorm on

Wyrd Girls - New Pack? [Resolved] 43 votes

Wedding Stories
2%
Firewestgamer 1 vote
Jungle Adventure
27%
GalacticGalkerryemmiebethLyrieMDianaSimsSERVERFRAGordyhaisinEllupelluelluElisetomEternalSunshineFatTribble23wahini2024 12 votes
Eco Lifestyle
18%
sam123Allison18DarkLady2788duhboy2u2EvaliynBehappy1stWildIrishBansheeL33tP33tNW 8 votes
Island Living
30%
NRoweglory_joykiwi84aujinehrjssimSnaveXsDaepheneSimmingaltelemwillKerriganAaleynkcanan27HollyTheWally 13 votes
Other
4%
SikoahGracefriendlysimmers 2 votes
You don't need a new pack, just write already
16%
EnkiSchmidtsunblondBreazonaDaniRose2143thatsnotswegEvie0602TheGrandTourFan 7 votes

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    almost voted IL , but then, -jA would give them adventures :) (im biased as my favorite for far)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    Other
    I voted other because I don't think you need a new a pack unless you believe it will enhance and inspire the storyline. If it won't fit into the storyline, just start writing and figure out if one of the packs fits your needs. Unless you are just looking for some new gameplay options. Island Living for the world and for mermaids if you're into them or Jungle Adventure if you're into exploration and vacations. Wedding Stories is so meh I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, for any reason, even if they loved weddings. Eco Lifestyle is a toss up. I would definitely turn off N.A.P.s if you get this. But I would research a little more before purchasing it.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    If it's "just" for the story, then you can fake a lot of things with mods. I used accessory wands and poses to substitute for RoM, texture replacement and snowfall mods for different Seasons, and even the worlds' backdrops can get swapped out. Speaking of backdrops, Eco Living comes with amazing sets (quarry, harbour and neglected inner city).
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Island Living
    Couldn't hurt to add mermaids. Plus Sulani is a beautiful setting for dramatic screenshots.
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Eco has the most to offer but it also comes with a lot of headache for most, the NAPS system and how to keep all worlds eco friendly. I adore eco living cas bb and a lot of its cross pack play (gardening etc) but I disable naps and the eco footprint. However I love jungle adventure it has fun cas and bb and I think adds interesting adventures, romantic getaways and a lovely atmosphere.

Island living has decent gameplay, gorgeous world and fun cas and bb while adding an occult

Ultimately I went with jungle adventure because it's a pack I play a lot and I feel like it inspires a lot of side plots and has the right feel for inspirational gameplay
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    I was really upset when they first announced EL basically because I really thought (and still do) that we need a Generations EP badly in this game. However I have come to actually like the pack. The world is amazing, I find myself always going back to live there, the NAPs can be a annoying but they can be turned off for NPC's, the CAS and BB are great, and there's a few new gameplay objects which the EP's seem to lack a lot of lately.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    Island Living
    Island Living is good, and IMO, it has some of the best scenery.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    You did a fantastic job with what you already have. The characters drove the story. As book 1 evolved Jacob and Beth took on bigger roles and their relationship with Miranda and her moms would make a wonderful plot for the next book. If you want another pack for personal reasons, I recommend both Jungle Adventures and Island Living. If you want a pack for the story I really don't see much in any of those that would enhance the story. I say that based on the next book staying close to book 1.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    I don't have Island Living but it seems like merfolk would be a cool way for your story to develop.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    Island Living
    If you really want new pack then IL or JA
    both are great but I chose IL just because I personally find use for it more often

Eco Lifestyle and Wedding Stories are about as bugged as school pack

and yes technically one does not need to have new packs to write stories so that is obviously option
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    Island Living
    Island Living is one of the best packs ever. It's beautiful and relaxing. Mermaids are really good.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Other
    i would go with all packs
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    In thinking about the story you've written so far, and I admit I still need to catch up, the jungle setting might put a nice twist into things.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,622 Member
    Once again, thank you everyone for your input and your encouragement.

I am probably going to pick up both Island Living and Jungle Adventure when they next go on sale. Until then, Miranda, Cassie and Gwen's adventures will continue.
  • aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    Island Living
    Just curious why you don't want get to work - it's literally one of the best packs ever!
    My favourite job to go to is Scientist - I don't even know where to start to tell what you are missing...
    Anyway, I haven't been on the forum for a long time - where can I find your story?
    @aujineh, aliens. I don't want aliens.

Only in very special cases do I enjoy mixing Sci-Fi and Fantasy. Off the top of head, those special cases are Farscape and Warhammer 40k (and I guess the MCU movies but they are their own special thing)... So, really as I think about it, I don't mind Fantasy in my Sci-Fi but I don't want Sci-Fi in my Fantasy. Yeah, I know... I'm weird.

If I could be confident of not having to deal with aliens, I would probably pick it up... but I'm not.
    Island Living
    ohh I see... well there is a mod that can prevent aliens from showing up - but then I see no point in buying the pack if you aren't going to explore the scientist career and all the potions and cool gadgets you can make as a scientist. I love the sim ray ssssooo much but maybe it's available with base game now idk. And the high point of the scientist career is being able to control the frequency of aliens showing up or prevent them altogether. Also being able to visit sixam and party with the aliens and collect rare items. But if it doesn't fit into your story then I guess it's not for you. :/

Btw you did not tell me where to find the story :) and your type of weird is actually cool ;)
    @aujineh, I honestly missed the question entirely (I hate chronic fatigue... brain fog is not fun). My story is over in Creative Corner and linked below. I hope you enjoy.

Wyrd Girls - a Sims modern fantasy story

Island Living
    Tysm - I can't stop reading but I need to go do some things so bookmarked!
    I have always wanted to write my own stories cuz I usually play the whole neighbourhood in all the worlds.
    I am inspired and omg the intrigue :D