Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More great programming (and a warning)

So don't show up to school early. As in click on the map and travel to the school before the game prompts you to go. My sim did to use the shower in the gym and do some studying, and when the prompt showed up at 8 and I hit join, the teacher sitting at my table gave me detention for not going to school. Seriously. So to sum up so far. No teens at the thrift store (in my game at least), sims constantly using the phone, sims constantly wanting to be my and everyone else's best friend (even coming into your home to ask), Social Bunny being a hot mess, rides at the pier giving almost no fun, getting detention for showing up to school early, most of my unplayed sims having a fear of unfulfilled dreams because the chance of them fulfilling them is so slim, and, well, probably more I haven't discovered yet.

You always manage to put just enough stuff in the game to make it worth having in spite of the fact that half either is bugged or so poorly thought out that it might as well be. Yeah, after I mod or shut off a chunk of the game it will be playable and fun. But I'd be hard pressed to think of one major implementation like lifestyles, N.A.P.S, or the new wants and fears (that I'll end up shutting off, I'm sure) that I still use as it came out. They've all just been so bad for overall gameplay.

Comments

• bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    So don't show up to school early. As in click on the map and travel to the school before the game prompts you to go. My sim did to use the shower in the gym and do some studying, and when the prompt showed up at 8 and I hit join, the teacher sitting at my table gave me detention for not going to school. Seriously. So to sum up so far. No teens at the thrift store (in my game at least), sims constantly using the phone, sims constantly wanting to be my and everyone else's best friend (even coming into your home to ask), Social Bunny being a hot mess, rides at the pier giving almost no fun, getting detention for showing up to school early, most of my unplayed sims having a fear of unfulfilled dreams because the chance of them fulfilling them is so slim, and, well, probably more I haven't discovered yet.

You always manage to put just enough stuff in the game to make it worth having in spite of the fact that half either is bugged or so poorly thought out that it might as well be. Yeah, after I mod or shut off a chunk of the game it will be playable and fun. But I'd be hard pressed to think of one major implementation like lifestyles, N.A.P.S, or the new wants and fears (that I'll end up shutting off, I'm sure) that I still use as it came out. They've all just been so bad for overall gameplay.

Unfortunately this is the reality of the game. So many great features but none of them work well enough for the experience to be meaningful. Devs please take heed.