Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHERE CAN I FIND… (The Place to Ask About CC and Mods)

Since we’ve had multiple threads that have been posted and have heretofore gone completely missing in the depths. i’m going to ask @EA_Mai to pin this thread.

And to start off this asking thread:

I am trying to find a plain Sikh turban for my Sim. I’m needing an excuse to make a sim for my Legacy who is going to be the Landlord of the property that Haruo, River and the rest are renting during their four years at university and the Landlord is a Sikh so the male needs a plain turban.
Sikh_man%2C_Agra_10.jpg

As for the women, there is a special head-covering for them as well for every day attire and depending on sect they don’t have to wear a head-covering. As far as I know some don’t. I live in an area where there are a lot pf South Asian immigrants so I don’t want to do the stereotypical depiction in ceremonial clothes any day, every day.
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Perfect thread! Unfortunately I couldn't find the CC you were looking for :(

tumblr_prr08dHHQl1sw9ntso1_1280.png
    I am looking for something like this.I downloaded this one into my game, but it doesn't show up.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer Showtime comes with a turban in the hat category. The genie turban. It does, however, have an obnoxious jewel thing on it. So I just edited it to no longer have the jewel thing for ya. This is for YA-A male sims only, hat category.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rntgepg068db1zh/am_HairEP6Genie_PlainEdit.package?dl=0

I forgot to get a screenshot in TSRW, so here's the icon instead :lol:
    3pN45MY.png

Since this is an edit of the Showtime turban, it requires Showtime to work. Let me know if you don't have Showtime, Nikkei, and I'll see what I can do to make it not require Showtime.

Wasn't sure by your post if you're looking for female headscarves as well, but ATS3 has some converted from The Sims 4 that look like they'll work for general headscarf needs for female sims:
    https://aroundthesims3.com/clothes/clothes_accessories_08.shtml

Note that those from ATS3 are accessories, not hair, so make sure you have the hat slider so they fit well. Here's a link to the hat slider if you don't have it: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8860fnlj96tbldo/aWT_HACK_BONESLIDER_HatGripControlSet.7z

@GraceyManor So I was able to find this belt and downloaded it to check what's up with it not showing up. Hopefully I can get it working for you, as I can't find any CC that looks as good as that one. :sweat_smile:
    @Emily4331
    Thanks for looking, I hope you can.
    Caleb needs a belt LOl Thank you.^_^
    @GraceyManor The belt that you downloaded seems to show up perfectly fine in my game. I did notice, though, that it was made cloning the lifeguard whistle necklace from Island Paradise. So if you don't have IP installed, then that might explain it not showing up for you. I'm going to redo the package cloning a base game accessory instead so that it won't have an expansion requirements. :smile:
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @GraceyManor The belt that you downloaded seems to show up perfectly fine in my game. I did notice, though, that it was made cloning the lifeguard whistle necklace from Island Paradise. So if you don't have IP installed, then that might explain it not showing up for you. I'm going to redo the package cloning a base game accessory instead so that it won't have an expansion requirements. :smile:

Thanks so much! I appreciate that.I have IP installed so I'm not sure what's up.
    @GraceyManor If you have IP installed, this might just be a case of overlooking it? I've frequently thought accessories I downloaded were gone because if they don't come with custom thumbnails, it's just a guessing game of which one it is. :lol: So I realized that it's cloning that specific necklace because accessories with morphs didn't really happen in the base game. So to make it base game compatible, I'd have to ditch the morphs which might make it not fit ideally.

So instead of jumping to that step, let's try this first: I gave it a custom thumbnail using the image from the creator's tumblr. So download this package and see if you can find it in your game now. :smile: It's in the necklace category:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/syho6ld80xa5obx/Holster_DualColt_130519.package?dl=0
    @Emily4331
    Yes, it shows up in game now, thanks so much.
    I had double checked with my IP tag just ticked and still couldn't find it.
    But this one shows up.
    @GraceyManor Awesome! Maybe the trick was just re-exporting it from TSRW. :smiley: Glad it shows up now!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited August 2022
    @Emily4331 - Emily, Thank you, i hope that I can replace my computer soon. Thank you so much for your help. And thank you for all your “meshing magic”. Yup, got Showtime…so everything’s great.

Thank you also for tracking down those headscarves.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    297598369_1084391889151729_538094746111814772_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=KD7gpGKFT_cAX_x5egX&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=00_AT_l7XLsQVI4-YWLhyqNwcO5u0IRkX65WZr1yZtEPt6ANg&oe=62F33261
    Does anyone recognize this black vest with white shirt and his pants? Today I loaded my game and he was wearing
    a completely different outfit, I didn't get the missing objects warning.I don't know if they are store items or cc
    @GraceyManor His pants look like the baggier base game slacks to me. The top is from Island Paradise. Maybe IP disabled itself in the launcher before you started playing? I also don't think outfits bugging out is unheard of, so you might just have to redo his outfit. If you saved him in the bin, I'd take him into CAS and load him from the bin and see if his clothes are intact there.
    Does anyone know of any good "low/mid res skins" that can be used?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    @Nikkei_Simmer I personally use Kurasoberina's HD Primer. Specifically, I use the HD+ version which is 2k face and body textures. 2k is double the size of the EA skin, but is generally fine for normal gameplay if your computer can handle high graphics. Luckily, Kurasoberina's Primer skin comes in a variety of resolutions (including 1k face and body textures) so you can choose whichever you think will work best for your game.

Here's the link:
    https://kurasoberina.tumblr.com/post/137273135579/primer-hd-skin-for-all-ages-baby-elder-this-is
  • HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    edited November 2022
    *deleted*
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited November 2022
    A small note on the turban: it was also converted into an accessory a while ago by Modish-Kitten and preserved in this folder. They are base game compatible if that's a concern to anyone. That being said I usually prefer hat hairs when I can choose so THANK YOU. <3
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    @InfraGreen Ah thank you. I knew Modish Kitten had made one but when I was answering Nikkei that piece of CC hadn't been found yet.
    Looking for a bonfire that my sims can use as a stove to cook on.

Working on a teen survival story. Completely blanked out Sunset Valley; no houses, no stores, no nothing just lots and wildlife so that my sims can hunt. Dogs 0 Cats 0, Horses 0 Unicorns 0. Raccoons 2 Deer 6. Can’t play with dogs or cats since it crashes the game.

I’ll live with no pets but can’t afford the dedicated graphics card or external mount I’m gonna need for it. What freakin’ mount costs $600.00 just for external?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    Looking for a bonfire that my sims can use as a stove to cook on.

Working on a teen survival story. Completely blanked out Sunset Valley; no houses, no stores, no nothing just lots and wildlife so that my sims can hunt. Dogs 0 Cats 0, Horses 0 Unicorns 0. Raccoons 2 Deer 6. Can’t play with dogs or cats since it crashes the game.

I’ll live with no pets but can’t afford the dedicated graphics card or external mount I’m gonna need for it. What freakin’ mount costs $600.00 just for external?

There's this conversion of the Skyrim cooking pit.

Also if you're looking to go full off the grid this blog has a ton of medieval content that could work in a survival setting.
    @MantleJackal - Thanks. This story is going to be completely “off the wall”. Some breaking of the “fourth wall” will occur too.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    You can cook fish, hot dogs, apples and lettuce (and probably a lot of other things) on the Portable Fire Pit from the base game. It's in the Outdoor section with the barbecue grills if I remember correctly.
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    trans flag (wall decoration)
    femboy flag too

trans colours clothes (skirts, tops)
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    McTosh wrote: »
    trans flag (wall decoration)
    femboy flag too

trans colours clothes (skirts, tops)

This blog has a section for their CC dedicated to pride and also clothing specifically for trans female and trans male. You could probably recolor some of the CC to match the colors of the flag you want.

A fair warning though, there are some spicy posts if you catch my drift, but nothing downright explicit.
    316541506_1167710307486553_4353674110148530269_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=iFM_gPUiCqMAX_TbI3j&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=00_AfD2Y32sXlR2c1QCiJAQB8ONKSrfy5_F3wnTGy5m--K7iw&oe=638CA1BB
    Hey does anyone know if her shirt is CC or Store item? I think store, I lost my save and had to reinstall stuff.
    And I can't seem to find this item. If its store, I don't know the name.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »

So instead of jumping to that step, let's try this first: I gave it a custom thumbnail using the image from the creator's tumblr. So download this package and see if you can find it in your game now. :smile: It's in the necklace category:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/syho6ld80xa5obx/Holster_DualColt_130519.package?dl=0

@Emily4331 Thank you for making it base game!