Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm about to hit a milestone in this game since I started playing in 2019

Christina Glass is the second generation of the Glass family and she was born in game and she is the first Sim I played from birth until Young Adult and I'm already excited about moving her out on her own to continue the Glass family legacy. In all the Sims games I played Sim 2, Sim 3 and Sims 4 I never made it past the second generation in ANY save I played, ever. I always got bored. But from the looks of it, the Glass family might be the first one to make to make it generation 3 and hopefully beyond that. Here's to hoping.

Just wanted to share that. It's exciting!

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Yay! It's always an achievement to get to the next generation. I'm notoriously bad at this too.
    The best I got was getting gen 2 to young adult in my nightmare legacy. All my other legacies stranded when gen 2 were still kids (or teens in one case).
    My best ever, in any sims game, was gen 5 as teens of my rotational legacy in TS2. But I don't think I'll ever be that successful in TS4.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    Yay! It's always an achievement to get to the next generation. I'm notoriously bad at this too.
    The best I got was getting gen 2 to young adult in my nightmare legacy. All my other legacies stranded when gen 2 were still kids (or teens in one case).
    My best ever, in any sims game, was gen 5 as teens of my rotational legacy in TS2. But I don't think I'll ever be that successful in TS4.

Wow, Gen 5? It would be amazing it if I made it there.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    MDianaSims wrote: »

Wow, Gen 5? It would be amazing it if I made it there.

I made it to Gen 4 with my Westbrook legacy. Technically 5 but they hadn't aged up to young adults yet. I still have the save but I haven't played in a long time. I actually started that family over a while ago but I haven't played that one in months. I don't have the heart to delete either save.

I'm currently playing an alien legacy. I put it on hold for the new pack, and as soon as I get my save file done, I'll go back to that save. I have 2 generations in that save.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

@Fairy_Happy You sound "hard-core". ;)
    Before my lost saves, I had played several 'household families' to about 5th generation.

I only play one 'save' so everyone in my game is in the same worlds. Simultaneously.

Congrats. Born in-game sims are my favourite.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Christina Glass is the second generation of the Glass family and she was born in game and she is the first Sim I played from birth until Young Adult and I'm already excited about moving her out on her own to continue the Glass family legacy. In all the Sims games I played Sim 2, Sim 3 and Sims 4 I never made it past the second generation in ANY save I played, ever. I always got bored. But from the looks of it, the Glass family might be the first one to make to make it generation 3 and hopefully beyond that. Here's to hoping.

Congratulations! For me, getting to third generation is a big deal as I tend to lose interest fast. I had one save for 7 months and got bored with it, then this last update ruined my save I started in March(that had survived through my PC being struck by lightning) I started my current save..... technically on July 28th........ but then uploaded my couple the other day(the 31st) after they finished college and started them over because 90% of the sims in that save were missing cc I'd removed.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    Congrats! :smiley:
    I've never managed to pass generation 3, but it's going to happen soon(ish).
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    Congrats :)
    I never seem to make it past the 4th gen being born.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,966 Member
    I pretty much always start every save with a married couple in CAS. I count them as the first generation. Usually I get bored/abandon the save at generation 3, so the original couple’s grandkids, but in one save I have made it to generation 4, and am close to that point with another save!
    I have a third save which is on generation 3, although they’re all children still (apart from one who’s still a toddler), so I’ve got a while before I reach generation 4 with them (I play that save on the Long lifespan). I haven’t played them for a while though, since my computer isn’t working currently (I’m sending it off to be fixed soon). I do have plans for generation 4 with that save, so I’m looking forward to getting there. (Well, I haven’t got any major plans apart from name ideas, I have a little name theme going with them that I can carry on with).
    Thanks everyone! I haven't played since I made this post but I'm definitely going to be playing later today

I want to make it to at least gen 5 and like I said, I'm excited to have Christina start on her own journey and hopefully gen 3 will be on their way soon.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited August 2022
    yeah I usually get stuck when my starting sims become grandparents because i get too attached to them and find them hard to dispose of to make room for new babes

I was close to getting there with my legacy family but i deleted them as a whole this time :lol: oh well new start n all that maybe once ive gone through my premade families some family may reach that point see ya in 10 years or so :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • CiralindeCiralinde Posts: 81 Member
    Congrats! :smiley: Just like you (before the Glass family), I never managed to get past gen 2. But I'm dedicated to one save with all the families in it now. I still have a long way to go though.
    Fun fact: Steven and Michelle Glass were actually the first Sims I ever made in this game. I wanted to make an opposites attract couple but I actually never played them until now.

And again thank you everyone! Christina is a YA now in college. Her brother, Troy, is about to age up into a YA and Steven is about to age up into an elder (which is also another milestone because I never played any Sims long enough for them to reach the elder stage. That Glass family is something special.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,966 Member
    I understand what people mean about getting attached to their Sims. My three main saves involve Spellcasters, so I decide to make them (the Spellcasters) immortal once they get to the Elder stage :D:D
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited August 2022
    Congrats! That's pretty amazing. I used to hit gen 4 and then abandon that family and start a new one. Not anymore. I have been playing my legacy for three years I believe. I don't know what gen I am at but making a family tree keeps me motivated to keep going and going.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Mikayla_Rose_GrahamMikayla_Rose_Graham Posts: 18 Member
    Congrats! I was on gen 4 I think.
    Mikayla Rose Graham been playing the sims since 3 years
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member

Congratulations! That's awesome.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Thank you everyone!
    An announcement. The third generation has finally been born. First ever third generation in my game and twins none the less.

Meet Everly (the one on the left) and Miracle. The wild child and the charmer. :)

GXymPPz.png

I named one of them Miracle because it was a miracle I made it to the third generation. >.<