Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can children sit on floors, sit on beds and have pillow fights?

I haven’t downloaded the patch or bought the HSY pack yet. Can children have pillow fights, sit on the floor and the bed to do homework and play games on their laptop or tablet?

Comments

• Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    edited August 2022
    Children can sit on the ground, but they don't appear to be able to sit cross-legged on the bed the way sims who are teen and older can. They can't pillow fight.

(edit: typo)
    Post edited by bizuktag on
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited August 2022
    @bizuktag

I’m glad they can sit on the floor, but I sure wish they could sit on their bed and pillow fight too. I was so disappointed that they couldn’t ride a bike when University came out……. I wish they would make it where children could do all of those things…..,
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Yep, pretty disappointing!

Thankfully modders always come to the rescue.

I've just accepted over the years that any lifestate besides YA and Adult are always afterthoughts in TS4.

Why would they think that kids wouldn't pillow fight too? They're probably more likely to do it more often than teens. At least that's been my experience in RL.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I have a related question. On the blog post it sounded like Sims can now read a book in bed. Is this true? And if so, for what ages.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I have a related question. On the blog post it sounded like Sims can now read a book in bed. Is this true? And if so, for what ages.

I tested this the other day, actually. My teen sim was able to read a book in bed, sitting cross-legged. After they'd picked up a book, I clicked on the bed and chose "sit" and they moved to the bed to continue reading.

An adult sim did the same thing as the teen sim (I assume young adult and elder would too, since teen and above all share the same sim animation rig). A child sim, when directed, moved to sit on the side of the bed and read sitting that way. I think that's a base game behavior, though?

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I tested this the other day, actually. My teen sim was able to read a book in bed, sitting cross-legged. After they'd picked up a book, I clicked on the bed and chose "sit" and they moved to the bed to continue reading.

An adult sim did the same thing as the teen sim (I assume young adult and elder would too, since teen and above all share the same sim animation rig). A child sim, when directed, moved to sit on the side of the bed and read sitting that way. I think that's a base game behavior, though?

Thank you testing