Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which pack has been most influential in your game?

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Mansion & Garden Stuff - It has done wonders for my Victorian builds, especially 2nd Empire. Think of it, Mansard roofs with properly functioning windows!

If you mean TS4, then a blend of Jungle Adventures and City Living. The former because my sims can become expert archaeologists with a handsome income source. CL because 2 of the festivals provide lots of harvestables, including dragon fruit and bird of paradise. In my game installation without seasons my sims make a very nice living being farmers.
  • universal323universal323 Posts: 20 Member
    Parenthood for varied relationships between family members that actually feel like they have some impact on my sims and Get Together for the club feature (don't know what I'd do without it really!)
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Realm of magic : spellcasters are an important part of my gameplay and I have one in most of my played households. When this pack released it felt as if my game was complete, as if an essential part was finally added. I love being able to have sims with a magical nature and adore the furniture of the pack.

Other packs that have changed my game are
    seasons because weather changes everything and holidays because they give a sense
    get together because of the clubs which I regularly use to have groups of sims meet up
    jungle adventure I never expected to be excited for this theme but I loved it from the get go and enjoy sending my sims to selvadora
    Werewolves this pack is still a bit to fresh to be certain but I think it might become one of my most important packs as well. I like the werewolf occult lifestate though I don't think they will all live in moonwood mill
  • EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    For CAS, it's dream home, university, get together. For gameplay it's get to work, eco lifestyle and cottage living. Most used towns are Willow Creek and San Myshuno. Most used build/buy, City Living.

Famous, Jungle, Magic and Snowy never factor into my game. Never finish any storylines I base on them.

But it's so interesting to see how everyone plays.
  • KbobsterKbobster Posts: 157 Member
    Realm of Magic. IDK why, but I always have to play with a spellcaster. Even if the Sim doesn't focus on Spellcasting, that is always a constant in my game play. (Same with Sims3). I kinda got all the packs at once (I started playing in-between Wedding Stories and I guess Werewolves came out next?) So, I really don't know the key features of each individual game. But Seasons has rain, and I like that. GTW was highly used. I played as a scientist a lot. I always have to travel to Batuu to get me a little BB android, I love BB so much. I always get a little one and a normal sized one.
  • ViolettaVioletta Posts: 29 Member
    Seasons, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat (although I think it desperately needs a refresh like Spa Day got)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    City Living :)
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    City Living is most influential with the karaoke bars, festivals, and San Myshuno. I've always viewed San Myshuno as being a nightlife destination and the perfect world for active 'people person' sims who love to socialize. Recently I've had a shift in how I view the worlds and how they fit together and I've made a new headcanon where San Myshuno is the downtown area and entertainment district of the sims world. I view it less as it's own world and more like a series of neighborhoods that cater to different types of activities. It fits together with other worlds to function as the downtown area, and the other worlds are the suburbs. You occasionally hear the phrase, "Let's head into the city and xxx". That's what San Myshuno is now. In my headcanon San Myshuno is just 'the city'.

Dream Home Decorator makes my list for the BB items. I use those a lot in builds where I tell myself 'no cc'. Even when Ido make a cc heavy lot a few of those items will find their way In. Some of the CAS items are starting to find their way into more wardrobes. Werewolves and Vampires, because I love occults. Get Famous because I love acting as a career for quite a few of my sims. Also the fame system for sims, like those in the entertainment or influencer careers who would logically have at least some notoriety, even if their not a 'household name'.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,879 Member
    edited August 2022
    JA and Get Together , then Vampires <3

And Batuu o:)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    Realm of Magic, because I love Spellcasters and I have plenty of them.
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • ChalkyMalkyChalkyMalky Posts: 120 Member
    Odd selection but I'd pick Get to work. It has the baking skill, originally the photography skill and active careers that I'd be iffy about without.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Definitely City Living. I never tire of the city atmosphere, festivals, karaoke, the districts, fireworks.

I remember the introduction of food stalls being so interesting to me. And watching the trailer over and over.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,659 Member
    Not quite sure... most packs did influence my game in some way. But I recall Seasons revitalized everything. Not just because changing seasons and weather makes the worlds change, but the calendar somehow was what I needed to get back into the game. I did not even know I needed time management before I got it :) That said, also clubs from Get Together has been important, as has fame from Get Famous. I play community just as much as single households, so the club and fame aspects add a lot to my universe.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • iamdumdum1234iamdumdum1234 Posts: 5 New Member
    For TS4, that will be Seasons, Get To Work, Get Famous and City Living.
    For TS3, that will be Seasons, Island Paradise, Ambitions, Into The Future, World Adventures, Late Night, Generations. Basically every EP except Pets and Showtime.
  • iamdumdum1234iamdumdum1234 Posts: 5 New Member
    yeah, and Supernatural too.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    Get to Work because of Aliens.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Probably "Vampires" and "Get Together". Clubs, Windenburg, and the supernatural go together like a peanut butter, maple syrup, and bread.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited August 2022
    It's hard to answer since I don't think any particular pack has overshadowed the rest - at least not in a big way. I guess if I was forced to pick one pack that I use something from the most, it's Spa Day, because nearly all my sims do Yoga. I stick Yoga mats in nearly every build, ha ha. I use CAS and BB from everything, although I add a decorative item from Batuu into pretty much every build 'cause I just love the BB (and because that pack gets so much hate; I love to root for the underdog). I also love the new game play that came with Country Living. Chickens, Cows and Llamas, oh my! I want Chickens and Foxes everywhere!! And now we have Werewolves!! I'm still exploring the things that came with that pack.

I'm still exploring packs, too. I've just gotten started with Get Famous, and I just realized I haven't formed any Clubs. Must get to thinking about that.

edited to add last paragraph

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited August 2022
    Theee are a several that I wouldn’t want to do without because they made a big impact on my game ( in a positive way ).

“Get to work” was the most influential because I love the 3 active careers with workplaces. I also would not want to do without a retail system ( though it would be better if we had to buy sims clothing, and accessories too so, if they refresh get to work, I would like a lot clothing trait like simple living for clothing..….. I keep hoping they will come out with something like the simple living trait for clothing. Since they now have stands to buy clothing from, from the thrift store in High School Years I wish they would let us sell any clothing from a rack in our retail stores (and just take a percentage of the profit ).……rather than just off of a few mannequins. I would like my sims to have to unlock their clothing by buying it, just like my sims can now make meals by either buying, raising, or growing their food. Almost all of my sims use the simple living trait…….I really want a lot trait to unlock each piece of clothing for my sims. The simple living lot trait that came with country living is something I have wanted for a long time, however, I don’t see why they don’t let us buy any type of fruit, vegetable or food at anytime rather than selling only certain ones at a time …….I don’t want all of my sims to have to garden to have something like a potato available to buy at all times. But because I can’t find what I want to buy at the stands or through the grocery app ( and seasons makes it impossible to get some fruit and vegetables during certain seasons ) I am forced to make most of my sims garden at least a few plants ( usually inside ), just so they can cook certain dishes because I can’t find it to buy when I want them to use it.……EA,.please make all fruits and veggies ( from all packs) available to buy all the time. Also, get to work came with the first cameras where you can have medium and large pictures. It came with the first photography skill and photo set up where you could change backgrounds and pose sims. I still have a photographer that takes large and medium landscape pictures in different worlds and has a photography studio where he sells them, meaning my other sims ( I play large rotations ) can come in and buy landscape photos for their homes. I also have a painter that can take his Easel or sketch pad and do the same thing with his pictures. I wouldn’t want to be with out a retail system. My daughter upgrades beds and sells them upgraded to her other rotational sims….. I haven’t done that yet, but plan to. She has many many retail stores that her sims run. I actually mostly set up retail store so that my other sims can buy from them. Get to work also came with the baking skill…, most of my cooking sims also like to bake. Did you know you can use the breadsticks you bake as bread in recipes for the simple living trait?

Another big influencer in my game was “Get Together”. It has the largest world ( I always need more lots ), and I loved the wallpapers it came with too. And probably the biggest influence of Get Together was the Club system….. I love that they keep updating it for other packs. I also like that the pack came with nightclubs and cafe’s, and of course group dancing. It has the triple duty closets for children to play in, adult to woohoo in, and can be used like a dresser. It also came with the pool lot type and games for our sims….foosball, darts, don’t wake the llama, and a 4 player video game. I’d love to see them make a part of the Island water by the beach swimmable ( and also the little pond inland in another neighborhood ).….. the only updates I see for this pack.

Another big Influencer was “Cottage living”, the simple living lot trait, children being able to help cook, and garden, new crops, new things to pick/find in the world, a beautiful large simple country world, the new pub food with the bar. Food and garden stands, food delivery, embroidery, canning, river swimming, and of course the animals, chickens, llama’s, cows, rabbits and foxes. The fair could have been a bit better…… what happened to pie eating contests, carnival rides, and games??

Yet another big Influencer was “Island Living”.…… it brought ocean swimming, which I wanted for a long time and a very beautiful world, suntanning, sand castle building from any sand pile in any world, laying on loungers, riding on float on’s, fishing from a sail boat, using a fish trap, jet ski’s, new crops, more swimwear ( we really needed that ), the eco living trait, volcano’s, I loved the thatched roofs and wall paper in the pack. You could collects sea shells and comb the sand for treasures. I also liked the shipwrecked lot……. It came with an active career too….. I love the active ones. It came with an option to do little jobs for other people too, though I often forget about that. Oh , and it also came with mermaids, I have yet to play them , but I’m sure some would say that was their biggest influence to buy the pack. The festivals could have been much better, and announced on the calendar. There should have also been under water swimming……and the part time life guard, diving, and fishing careers should have all been able to be active careers. And we should have been able to have houseboats.

“City Living” was another big influencer. I loved the apartments! I want more worlds with apartments. I love making them over especially with some of the wall units and such from Dream Home decorator. The festivals and food stalls were a great touch to the pack as were the different types of neighborhoods. Though I wish the active careers had had work places as well as work from home. I did like that we had different types of clothing and buy items in the pack too for people from other lands. I love the Indian styled dresses and some of the colorful furniture.…… we also got the bubble machine ( I add to lots like lounges, night clubs or bars ), and used cabinets, stove and fridges which are useful for run down apartments, homes, and starter families. And I can’t forget basketball….. I use that in so many builds. And, it also came with video game systems for tv’s.

I have to say that by and large those were my 5 biggest influencers

The Pets pack could have been done better and with a much larger variety of pets. Get Famous should have had a bigger world with many more lots and more active careers like modeling, singing, and bands, it should have also had oceans….. and swimmable ones at that. Eco living would have been better without the naps….. I will say I love the community lot types though, I also like that it made playing off the grid better, with solar power, etc. I also like that it had geothermal lot traits and such, collecting water for off the grid, adding ice cubs, special lighting,,etc. Seasons could have been better….. too much rain, snow, and heat, I would have liked more mild days, rather than tons of days my sims are uncomfortable from the weather……even my cheerful sims….. maybe they could have let us have more control in how we set the weather rather than a weather machine, and I think it should have come with a world too…..

For game packs I have enjoyed some parts of parenthood. I loved “outdoor retreat” and “Jungle adventure”. Spa day was better when they refreshed it. Dream home decorator I love the way you can build up the wall units they are great for apartments as are the stuff from tiny living. And I have found the decorator career quite fun! Wedding stories could be a favorite, still hear it has a lot of bugs though, I have to admit I have not tried weddings with it yet , but I love the world and the clothes, a bit dissapointed at the veils though, and no tiara’s. Dine out has had lots of bugs lately and it takes forever to get the food when it is working…. Or it would be among the top. I was really looking forward to witches, but they just weren’t what I expected, though I loved the furniture and the wands and brooms and things. I thought the spells and potions could have been more unique.

Many stuff packs have been influencers too…… some of my favorites for various reasons…..”kids stuff” had puppet shows, void critters game, and monsters under the bed ( all well thought out ). “Toddler stuff” was great for the play dates, and toddler stuff. I loved backyard stuff….. use it all the time. Vintage glamour came with the makeup vanity and butlers. I like the rock climbing machine, earbuds and clothes in “Fitness stuff”. I use the hot tub from patio stuff a lot and the buffet table from luxury stuff I used all the time. Paranormal im sure will be great when I get around to trying it. And, bowling stuff was a nice addition too.

Kits I like, but nothing so far really influential. I miss the mix of clothes, hair, build/buy and new active item that came with stuff packs. Though I will say the the kids toy stuff that came in “little campers” I quite enjoyed.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Get together and dine out, I use these packs all the time.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Island Living.
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Get to work for the aliens and the science career.
    I think City Living is also a favourite in general for the apartments and the themed neighbourhoods.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Most of my sims are spellcasters, so RoM is at the top, f/by vampires and of course, weres. I'm primarily an occult player with a few "muggles" thrown in, lol.

My most influential pack would have to be Eco Lifestyle due to its playability. Literally all of my sims recycle, fabricate, juice and candle make for fun and profit.

As far as locations go, probably Windenburg. Most of my sims who don't fit in Glimmerbrooke (waaay too small) live here. So much to do and so many lots to do them in.

I will be starting a new save with all the occults in Newcrest...one big happy(?) family, lol.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    Seasons, Eco Lifestyle, Parenthood, Laundry Day, Bust the Dust. I’m a family player and also like to make my gameplay challenging. These I couldn’t play without.
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    Seasons, weather allows you to get out that sweater because you have too now, it gives you holidays similar to real life ones, you can even create your own. It has good clothes and build items as well. Now you have to garden according to the season you're in or build a greenhouse.
    Honorable mentions are Cats and Dogs, it gives you plenty of animal breeds to select from, plus you can edit those, it has good items and build items. Get together has a nice club system that has depth, and it has a good world. Thats the one downside of seasons it doesn't give you a new world. But it's still probably the best.