Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which pack has been most influential in your game?

BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
For me it is Cats and Dogs. Pets, world, CAS, NPCs, stories. I can go into detail, but I figure other simmers will do it better.

Comments

• scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    Seasons. The pack affects everything. Adds so much variety to the worlds and gameplay.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,833 Member
    Parenthood. Children and teens are my favorite stages.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Seasons. I love how the weather/seasons changes the environment. (And for awhile how Winter removed those Townies that thought exercising in tank tops and shorts was a good idea.)
  • QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    Get to Work. I play a lot of aliens, retail, and active careers.... doctors are my favorite and I never get tired of it.
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Tied at the top parenthood, seasons and get together
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Get Together.
    I use groups and clubs a lot in my game.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Vampires. I still really enjoy that pack.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Spa Day - I use yoga and massage all the time and love the new aspirations.
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    Seasons has influenced my game play the most. A trip to the park may be canceled due to rain. Gardening was expanded on and that enhanced my spell castor experience as they grew their own herbs to make potions, and it enhanced my pets experience because I can grow catnip. When I keep a garden my sims usually have to stock up enough food to carry through winter as I don't let them farm in the winter. The seasons encouraged me to build a green house for gardening in the winter during emergencies. Honey was a nice edition to add to things to sell as well.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

Seasons.Dine Out.Parenthood.Laundry Day. Bust the Dust. Get to Work. Country Living

I enjoy others too
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    Seasons for the weather and holidays (especially since I use holidays to block out summer vacation and I'm really glad I did, it's nice to give my kids/teens a break from school to just have fun with friends for a couple weeks) since it really helps it feel like time is actually passing, and I like that the seasons are different in each world. Parenthood for the enhancement to the overall family interactions and especially the character values. I like being able to influence the values while the sims are still growing up, and then once they age into YA and the values lock in, they really impact the autonomy of the sim. I even go in and cheat the character values for sims that I make who are already past the teen life stage. It especially helps my mean sims actually be mean and cause problems, which is otherwise hard to maintain since sims are always being nice to each other. The life stage phases the kids/teens go through are nice too and help make the gameplay more interesting, and I like that the phases are different between the kids and teens.

2nd tier are Cats and Dogs and Dine Out I suppose. Maybe Get Together as well since I use the club system to help populate large lots, and I make a lot of restaurants and parks that make use of the café bar. 3rd tier is probably City Living, just because I love the world and the festivals are still fun to go to sometimes. I use the city as like a getaway for my teens and YA sims to have a fun night out with friends, and just pretend they take public transport from whatever other town they're visiting from.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I would say Seasons has the most impact on my game since weather happens daily. The seasons themselves force me to change my gameplay to adjust to them.

Parenthood also has a big impact on family play. I forget it's not base game. Too bad it wasn't incorporated more into the high school pack.

Get Together definitely gets an honorable mention. I love the clubs feature so much!
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    Weirdly, for me, I have to say the most influential pack has been City Living. I incorporate San Myshuno into almost every save, regardless of where my main sims are living. Nearly everybody eventually visits the city for one reason or another. I have three saves where it's the home world of my sims, and it inspired an entire SimLit story I've been working on for some time.

I didn't expect I'd use it so much. In real life, I'm not much of a city person. All the packs I have are important to me. Especially those with occult sim types, since I play with those a lot. I love Get Together's club system. I adore Snowy Escape. But City Living is the only pack that manages to sneak it's way into nearly all my stories.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • belleceebellecee Posts: 47 Member
    edited July 2022
    Island Living. I am on my 8th generation and half way through I decided to make one of my female sims a mermaid not realising that EVERY child she has would then become a mermaid. Sooo now I forever have mermaids lol
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Get Together the club system was a game changer well besides it not working in high schools
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Seasons and vampires
  • MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    Seasons, Get together and cottage living. I always play with clubs and simple living. I would also mention off the grid but it was basegame if I remember correctly.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited July 2022
    Seasons: Affects everything in every world, and I also use the clothes and furniture a lot.
    Realm of Magic: Half of my occult sims are spellcasters, and almost every world has at least one living in it.
    Laundry Day: A mandatory addition to all of my households ever since it came out.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited July 2022
    Seasons, RoM, Parenthood, Dine Out & Laundry Day

ETA: also, while less influential, I wanna give City Living & Eco Lifestyle an honorable mention because I actually use these packs a ton. I really wish they had put an apartment building near the pier in HSY, woulda made the world even better for me. I just LOVE apartments and still really hope they'll let us build our own one day.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Get Together- the clubs are a big part of my gameplay
  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 297 Member
    Seasons. The only thing I dislike about seasons is how my sim has to wear summer or winter weather instead of their everyday outfit. Not that big of a deal though. Seasons add depth on a small and large scale.
  • Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    From a building point of view it would be Get Together. Windenburg has plenty of lots and variety. Clubs can be very lucrative when exploited and they have other uses such as preventing stupid sims leaving group events.

City Living I like a lot but I don't really want my sims living in San Myshuno and I only have sims visit festivals occasionally. The annoying neighbors remind me too much of when I lived in a town. Good for immersion but somewhat annoying for gameplay. The fact the aesthetic could be anywhere works for me, elements of NY, SF, Hong Kong and Tokyo, the sound design is also spot on.

Spa Day I use a lot. I like the wellness skill and the New Age music is relaxing, plus the build items are good for modern bathrooms. I just wish the fingernails worked on trans sims.

As for Seaons I feel its needed for immersion purposes and for the sense of time passing, but I also think weather should be base game at this point. So technically its by necessity rather than being particularly influential. I don't like the majority of the holidays, the BB is reasonable, the CAS is better. But I also can't forgive this expansion for killing off 5 sims including my sims girlfriend when they decided to go home in a blizzard while wearing their gym clothes. Environmental effects stays off from now on.
  • simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    I absolutely have to have my vampires and spellcasters so Vampires and Realm of Magic.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited July 2022
    i mean it will always be seasons and vampires cause i probably wouldn't play the game anymore if those packs did not exist itd just be too dang bright and cheery

but also theres just lots of packs i use at side and barely notice as separate packs from base game anymore cause i use them all the time but i never really dive into them completely

like without spa day all my sims would probably be overweight thanks spa day

also get to work and strangerville are must if trying to play sims 2 storylines although gtw is throughly broken and very much needs refresh
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    Mine is City living as well. Festivals can be very useful.