Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fix Sims 4, or wait for Sims 5?

13...Next

Comments

• KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,049 Member
    edited August 2022
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    Has it been confirmed that there will be a Sims 5 ?
    There has only been rumors and speculation as far as I know. If there was actually a confirmation or announcement from someone at EA, they would have most likely made a new section on these forums for it.

Moving on to a new game and leaving behind the Sims 4 is the easy way out. If they can't fix the Sims 4, I have doubts that the Sims 5 will be any different. I mean, the same people working on 4 will most likely be the same on 5 and if they can't handle the current game, how will they handle a new one?
    Very well put. I agree with this statement completely.
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,821 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    Can you please fix the townies that spawn into the game with leg hair ! I mean a woman in a dress with hairy legs its just gross man, im gonna vomit :/
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,049 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    CrazyFrog wrote: »
    Can you please fix the townies that spawn into the game with leg hair ! I mean a woman in a dress with hairy legs its just gross man, im gonna vomit :/
    Eww... gross... 🤢

I haven't played for a while, so I didn't know that was happening now. I'll second your request to please fix that...

It might make sense with werewolf Sims, but otherwise no... 🤢
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 371 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    CrazyFrog wrote: »

I don't know why body hair is enabled by default instead of being disabled until the player applies it themselves. That's how it was in the previous game. Maybe it's more realistic since most of us have body hair unless you shave, but, shouldn't that be left to the players to decide?
  • DeeSimsGirlDeeSimsGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    I DO NOT WANT A SIMS 5 I WANT THEM TO FINISH WHAT THEY MFKIN STARTED & GIVE US WHAT WE PAID FOR. PERIOD. Lol I’m sorry for yelling but I’m shouting souly to all the SIMS GAME CREATORS.
  • DeeSimsGirlDeeSimsGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    Sims 4 is the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 they just need to add EVERYTHING they left out from Sims 2 & 3 And THEN keep adding New. SIMS 4 should be like GTA 5 where they are just updating it as they go. & I seen something once idk how accurate it was but it was like a trailer for sims 5 I’m sure we’ve all seen this. I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT THE SIMS ARE EVEN MORE UNREALISTIC SIMS 4 will be the LAST SIMS GAME I PLAY/BUY IF EA SIMS GAME CREATORS DONT START LISTENING TO THE SIMS COMMUNITY. THEY AINT GETTING ANOTHER 🐸🐸🐸🐸 DIME FROM ME ON THAT SIMS 5 BULL SHEET.
  • Ry_bread_54Ry_bread_54 Posts: 29 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    i've spent so money on the sims 4 im not willing to do it again. honestly i dont want a sims 5
    thats why i love nestle crunch.lsiyb4iaupkm.jpeg
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2022
    Wait for Sims 5!
    The issue is that they need to convince investors which is the best option and will give them return on their investment. So the choice is either to keep making content for the sims4 (which gives them money) and use that money to fix the sims4 and as we have seen, especially recently that is not something that is easy to do with the demand for them to keep making content as the game is 8 years old with more and more features being added which needs to be supported, like scenarios which took up most of this months patches. Because of this I don't believe that The Sims 4 will ever be fixed. It can only continue going as it is.

So The Sims 5 needs to be seen as a better alternative, I think this will be possible if sales and interest will start to decline and also because technology moves forward. No matter how successful The Sims 4 still might be, investing in an 8 year old DirectX9 game compared to a modern game that are much more stable and might have an even better business model could be seen as a better alternative and therefore push EA/Maxis to make The Sims 5.

Time will tell, I guess, I just wish that they could support The Sims 4 better for as long as they want to keep making content for it, because it's struggling right now.

• QueenQuinn1117QueenQuinn1117 Posts: 7 New Member
    Wait for Sims 5!
    I only vote for Sims 5 because I have yet to spend a lot of money on TS4 and I have seen EA's version of "fixing" things. Also, being a "next generation" game, I am excited to see how the game will change and what features that could entail.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    I want to have Sims 4 fixed, because it need a serious overhaul with a lot of their stuff.
    I didn't vote for Sims 5, because if it becomes online multiplayer only, Sims 4 will be my last game for the franchise. I have so many games that are online multiplayer, but for me Sims isn't really that type of game.
    Also, Sims 4 needs to be fixed, because there are so many bugs, and the packs don't seem compatible with each other. So,I would rather have them focus on fixing something, before going to Sims 5.
  • Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    If the sims 4 is so full of bugs that don't get fixed, why would anyone think that the sims 5 would be any better?
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    I'm not getting my hopes up for TS5, I love TS4 despite its bugs and I'm eagerly looking forward to the infant update and the 2 EPs coming 2023. Fingers crossed we'll finally get a horses pack.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    I have Disney Dreamlight Valley on PC. <3B)
    So, don't care about Sims 5. :s
    However, I still enjoy my Sims 4. :p
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited November 2022
    Wait for Sims 5!
    Hallie22 wrote: »
    If the sims 4 is so full of bugs that don't get fixed, why would anyone think that the sims 5 would be any better?

Cuz a game isn't just all about whether it has bugs or not. Gameplay and performance (not glitch related) are important too, in my opinion. Bugs are always bound to happen the more a game is patched. Better to just start a clean slate. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • StreicherStreicher Posts: 31 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    I feel that I would rather have Sims 4 fixed but I am relatively new to the Sims franchise and have been playing for less than 2 years so the game is still exciting for me. And I've spent a small fortune buying all the packs LOL
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Neither, I've accepted that Sims 4 will never be fixed totally & will only get Sims 5 when it goes on deep discount, if at all.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited November 2022
    Wait for Sims 5!
    I see such laziness on the part of EA that I don't care about Sims 4 anymore. When Carl Sims can put out a decent update to Dine Out that EA can't do, I'm just...at a loss.

So my hope is that they'll put in the time, money and effort into Sims 5 or I'll be jumping ship. Bring on Paralives!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg