Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fix Sims 4, or wait for Sims 5?

Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
edited July 2022 in Off Topic Chat
Which would you rather...?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Fix Sims 4, or wait for Sims 5? 128 votes

Have Sims 4 fixed!
87%
Akl500PSara1010Pbandit5sillehbeeColorist40overonbekiPlayerSinger2010simlish1mcruddIsb917ScrapdashMarkooshZorgancisGibbs02maggiemae8135kerryemmiebethMariefoxprice83cchant86Wyrren 112 votes
Wait for Sims 5!
12%
JueJueJokubasfriendlysimmersgoodcakebaker62Sati101gc6164pammiechickOnverserDeKaylogionBrandontaylorWildIrishBansheeQueenQuinn1117PrincesssJuntsurojellybelly_3 16 votes

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    Fix the Sims 4. I'm not waiting another several years to get the packs I want. It's already bad enough with The Sims 4, I don't want to start all over again right now. I spent so much money on it, and I'd rather have a working product.

Plus, despite its flaws, I like The Sims 4. It's like this weird little goblin that's always causing chaos, but you still love it. I'm fine with my little goblin sticking around a bit longer.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    I've done this 4 times already, I have no desire to start from scratch yet again.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    I don't want to start all over again and wait for all of the packs such as Seasons, Pets, etc. I'd rather them just fix TS4.
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    edited July 2022
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    I only say this b.c EA has proven that they don't care about the quality of their content. You don't really have to care about your customers, but would it kill them to take pride in their product? I've been with gaming companies that said they could not release their game b.c the issues were too great and they cared about the quality.

Because of my experience here with the sims 4, even if they released a sims 5 that was the greatest game ever to bless humanity in terms of content and quality, I still wouldn't be interested b.c my overall experience with the community, the way EA handles things, and just how the packs have been, I don't ever want to be trapped in a situation like this ever again. I avoid most PvP games b.c of how toxic the communities can be and I never want to be caught in that community again. I've no issue slapping EA's Sims franchise right up there with games I should avoid. I only stay here because I figured since I am here (own many packs) I may as well make the best of it. But as soon as EA gives me an out by going to sims 5, I will quietly bid them farewell.
  • SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 84 Member
    edited July 2022
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    Since Sims 5 looks like EA really wants it to be be multiplayer...and I have no intention of spending another $1000+ on it, I would prefer they fix the game I already spent $1000+ on.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    Anyone hear about the sims 5 and mobile features from the simscommuniy?👀 that speaks volumes.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    if ts4 is not fixed theres no hope for them to fix things that get broken in ts5 either therefore i wouldn't want to get involved in another broken game
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    I'm still buying DLC for both 3 and 4. I'm not gonna be getting Sims 5 for a looooong time. Also, I didn't even consider buying Sims 4 until they finally released Vampires, because I thought more occults would be on the way since one already came out, then lo and behold they give us 3 years between almost every occult update, with the only exception being 2019.

So I won't be getting Sims 5 until all of the occults are fully released on that version, then I'll consider it if the content looks fun. But I'm not playing the waiting game for my favorite DLCs to take 9+ years to fully release all over again.

So I'd rather they not leave Sims 4 in the dust. I'd like all the bugs to be worked out, for packs that really need it like Dine Out and Get to Work to have refreshes, and more DLC for the games I already have to be made. Sims 4 is still missing fairies, genies, imaginary friends, zombies, mummies, unicorns, horses, baby dragons, and real plantsims...

And more content for babies, children, and toddlers would be nice to have in Sims 4. There is still so much that fans have been asking for that EA is taking 5ever to make. I'd be upset if they released Sims 5 and left 4 in the dust.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    The Sims 4 is one of the best Sims games ever made and will be expanded upon for future generations. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Wait for Sims 5!
    i have my doubts about sims4 fix so voted sims5
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    I won’t play a multiplayer game, if that’s where TS5 winds up. With the exception of a music pack, I have most of what I want on TS4. Fix the bugs and give me musicians and I’ll be fine sticking with it
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    As stated before, I won't buy anymore.
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited July 2022
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    I voted fix but I know they won't.
    @cyncie "I have most of what I want on TS4. I'll be fine sticking with it." We've all felt that way, through various iterations of the game, from EA's point of view that's a disaster, they always want the next dollar the next gen of customer. If there's one thing I know it's that they will move on. Fixed or not.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Wait for Sims 5!
    While I hope they fix Sims 4, I think that a lot of the issues we're seeing now are engine issues and are just going to get worse...but I'm not a game developer. I just know a lot lol. So I'm thinking that Sims 4's lifespan is almost at its end, whether we like it or not.
  • jmac2727jmac2727 Posts: 306 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    Ummmm .... Both?
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    It's not really about what we think will happen, but what we want to happen. It's sort of a way to tell EA to solve issues. :)
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    Not spending money on a new game.
  • RubyMistRubyMist Posts: 14 New Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    I'd rather have Sims4 fixed than buy all the expansion packs again. It felt like forever waiting for Seasons for Sims4.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    My Sims 4 is quite enough. I will not repeat the mistake I made by jumping into a new version of a game simple because the old one was way too glitchy. I'm speaking about my old poor Sims 3. It frozed up every 5 minutes back in spring 2014 that I jumped right into a nothing, nothing Sims 4 in September 2014. My poor Sims 4 didn't get interesting until 2016.
    I will never, ever make that mistake again & have advised my daughter who is also a simmer not to do that also. Her & I really, really don't care about Sims 5. Even if it would be shiny & new. We like our Sims 4 & my daughter is just now in 2022 discovering Sims 2 on her Wii U.
    I on the other hand have only googled Sims 2 to try to find out what's so great about it. I still like my old Sims 3 after it got fixed back in 2018. Also, I really love my Sims 4 for everything that it can do that even my precious Sims 3 could never do. Yes, there's still a laundry list of things that are missing in the Base, like the poor babies only being objects, but I know eventually it will all finally surpass everything. ;)
  • ViolettaVioletta Posts: 29 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    I've already spent enough money on Sims 4 content, and I'm still having plenty of fun with it. I have zero interest in any more Sims games.
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    The biggest issue this poll is ignoring is - that the Sims 5 will be "fixed". So far each base game usually comes out with more ants than an ants nest has (aka bugs) and lacks a ton of content thats slowly patched in. Plus if the sims 5 is really going to be multiplayer it will be facing a serious uphill battle with all new bugs and server issues.

I also wonder on that note if the Sims 5 will be multiplayer sold alongside the sims 4 as single player...in which case def. fix sims 4.

But also...what exactly are you referring to?

Fix what? Everybody seems to have a different idea of whats wrong with the Sims 4 and other people are fine with it lol.

So far the only thing I noticed thats truly broken (bug wise) is the dine out gamepack.
  • WanevWanev Posts: 8 New Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    I would love to have the Sims 5 if it included the Sims 4 content with updated graphics and new features. The problem is, you know that EA is going to release content piece by piece so it is going to take forever to get a completed product... and of course, I will have to pay for everything all over again.

I might be persuaded to get the Sims 5 if it had dramatically updated graphics and maybe bring back some of the stuff that is missing from TS3 (why do we still not have bands/drums/electric guitars in TS4?). I would need to know that I am going to be getting something better than TS4. Part of the reason that I waited so long to buy TS4 (I was playing TS3 for quite a while) is because there were obvious holes in the game that were going to be filled in later. I just waited until a few expansions had been released and bought them all at the same time on a sale. That way, I didn't feel like I was buying an incomplete game.

Also, I don't play multiplayer games (with the occasional exception of Diablo II) so if they are doing a multiplayer game with no SP option, I am definitely not buying.
  • 100LilDreams100LilDreams Posts: 34 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    at this point i dont really care if sims 4 issues gets fixed, if they add pack intergration, add in more QoL, or not, this whole experince with this game has made me officially deem sims 4 as the last of the franchise im spending money on. Thank you HSY and MWS for pushing me off the ledge finally.
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    T
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    The biggest issue this poll is ignoring is - that the Sims 5 will be "fixed". So far each base game usually comes out with more ants than an ants nest has (aka bugs) and lacks a ton of content thats slowly patched in. Plus if the sims 5 is really going to be multiplayer it will be facing a serious uphill battle with all new bugs and server issues.

I also wonder on that note if the Sims 5 will be multiplayer sold alongside the sims 4 as single player...in which case def. fix sims 4.

But also...what exactly are you referring to?

Fix what? Everybody seems to have a different idea of whats wrong with the Sims 4 and other people are fine with it lol.

So far the only thing I noticed thats truly broken (bug wise) is the dine out gamepack.

New discussion on this later. If more people would have wanted Sims 5, the discussion would've been about what new things we want to see.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    Fix 4. Sims 5 will have to be really special from the beginning for me to be willing to start over again, and I have no belief that it will be.