Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm missing some of my worlds.

I need help. I decided to install Sims 3 again after two years. I have all of the packs for the game and Dragon Valley, Hidden Springs, and Monte Vista, but when I looked them up on my Origin account it says that I need to purchase them. Why? I had them for years. Hidden Springs was gifted to me by a generous simmer, I believe I bought the Dragon Valley physical disk, and I got Monte Vista via the Sims 3 store.

I'm now on a windows 10 computer. The last time I played I was on a windows 8.1 computer that was slower and smaller so I couldn't add those games. Now they're missing.

Please help.
Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.

Comments

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @simgirl542 You should find them in your purchase history under your store account and be able to download them from there: https://store.thesims3.com/myAccount.html . Any worlds purchased on Origin or as a retail disk won't show up as owned on the Store.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    @suzses, Thank you. I had forgotten about that section.
    I found four of them. I forgot about Riverview. The only one missing is Dragon Valley, but I'm not too worried about that one. It's too bad that Origin doesn't read these as purchased already.
    This is what I get for not having played in two years. Now to wait for the rest of my packs to install.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

@simgirl542

I bought Dragon Valley on disk from NewEgg and registered it on the Sims 3 store. The only way I can install it is through Purchases by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button and NOT clicking the link in Purchases that takes you to the item in the store. The store and Origin both want me to buy it.

If you bought the disk and still have the inserts from the box, try registering the expansion on the Sims 3 store. If that doesn't work and it isn't showing up for download in Purchases, then you may have to buy it again as EA and Origin both refused to issue me a replacement key for this issue.

I hope this helps resolve your issue. I find it frustrating when I can't install something I paid for. Especially if it's a new shrink-wrapped package that says the key has already been used. I detest stores that resell games that have been opened and returned. That's also why I won't buy used games online or in thrift stores and pawn shops because it is highly unlikely that the keys can be registered a second time.

At least I am able to download Dragon Valley manually, but it is maddening that it doesn't load through Origin like all the other EPs and Stuff Packs.
  • MadiMuisMadiMuis Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi, I've been playing sims since I was a kid and now it won't allow me to update my game, i'm on the 1.63 version and it won't allow me to download my expansions without the 1.67 one. I don't know what to do...and also I can't get to my serial key for hidden springs. I think i forgot it so i cant get hidden springs back. please help
  • HeronyxHeronyx Posts: 43 Member
    suzses wrote: »
    @simgirl542 You should find them in your purchase history under your store account and be able to download them from there: https://store.thesims3.com/myAccount.html . Any worlds purchased on Origin or as a retail disk won't show up as owned on the Store.

Thanks for the information regarding this. It hasn't work for me, in terms of getting my content but at least I can see that there is some record that I did purchase the items as The Sims 3 launcher was saying that I did not own them, as if implying that I am a thief.