Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What crime and consequences would you like to see implemented in the game?

Comments

• Bren91Bren91 Posts: 297 Member
    In my opinion the sims 5 main theme should be all about actions and consequences with lively more in depth personalities. That is what the fans truly want that is what will sell.
    I would like to see consequences big and small. I would like to see the consequences effect different sims in different ways compared to more in depth personalities they should have. For example a hopeless romantic sim who gets cheated on by their spouse may have a much harder time trusting their next lover or have thoughts or worries about them cheating again. Where as a sim that is a “Player” may just be hurt because they feel “Played” instead of doing the playing. And would get over it much quicker and would have what would be called a minor life impression. Where as the hopeless romantic it would have what should be called a lasting impression or life long lasting impression. Their should be a log or memory system where this is kept for each individual sim and it should effect their relationships with other sims and how they go about their daily lives. This of course should be the next sims game which would be the 5th one. And this should be the games main selling point and focus, instead of “Emotions”. It should be “Impressions”. There should be minor impressions, long impressions, and life long impressions. And their should be good and bad ones that effect a sims life and personality over time. In my opinion this would make endless hours of gameplay with endless possibilities of updates to their personalities and consequences to their actions. A good impression would be a sim who is a little more reserved than most maybe with a socially awkward trait And a sim their attracted too flirts with them or makes a big kind gesture and it effects their impression log. Which effects how they view that particular sim and other sims around them. Like the impressions effect may leave a minor impression for the socially awkward sim to have more confidence and make them short term feel well liked or want to do something socially daring they wouldn’t normally do. Or say this socially awkward sim also has An erratic trait it might effect the sims impression of the other sim as the greatest best sim they have ever known and may cause them to constantly think about that sim that flirted with them or made a nice gesture. And because that sim is erratic they may now have a long life impression of that particular sim where they can’t stop thinking or talking about that sim and it it’s like an unhealthy obsession for them because the erratic trait they have as well. Where if it was just the socially awkward trait it wouldn’t have effected their personality that way but because of them also having unstable emotions it’s caused them to become obsessed and effects their impression log on a medium to high level. There’s lots of ideas that could go along with this that I think players could have a lot of fun with. That have to do with mixing personality traits for different reactions and outcomes as well as also it leaving imprints on their lives.
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    Bren91 wrote: »
    It’s not even the burglars or crime aspect missing from the game as much as just negative consequences or actions that have an impact on gameplay or the sims lives. A negative mood let for a few sim hours or day and then just forgetting about what happened as if it never did and having it not impact the game play in any other way is what’s wrong in my opinion. Even if we get burglars in the game it won’t matter if the sims just gets frightened for a bit or angry and then acts like it never happened. The creative team behind the sims 4 I don’t think thought about this enough and realized the impact of having no consequences to negative actions of the sims were that important and how it would effect the game in a negative way. When they realized this, in my opinion they should have gone back to the drawing board and began creating the sims 5 as soon as possible and the sims 4 should have been the most short lived in the series but instead it’s the longest yet. Which is another mistake because fans aren’t stupid and are catching on to you just want to milk this for all it’s worth and give players hope that your going to fix a game that was born too broken to begin with not just the game but the whole idea and concept itself behind it. When what you should’ve done instead of trying to fix it or overhaul it, you should have just let it live 5 years tops and in the meantime have a bigger creative time putting the sims 5 together, which I think if they would have done would have been out by now. I mean I don’t know maybe they have been working on the 5th game this whole time but it just seems like their putting way too many resources into this game instead of learning from their mistakes and trying to overhaul this game. create a new system and throw everything that did work into this game such as CAS, creative building tools, graphics, animations, in my opinion the game looks better than it’s ever looked and when you see it, you want to play it but when you do there’s not much depth. So take what worked with this one which would be the look of it and creative building tools and implement that into the next version while focusing more on the depth of the game and create a system where there’s more than just moods but actual consequences to their actions for them and other sims around them that effect their storyline and gameplay. Implement their A.I with a memory system, a log of all the good and bad, the impressions it left. A game from almost twenty years could do it (The Sims 2) and I bet compared to todays A.I and technology it just scratched the surface of what the sims could truly be today. in my opinion there’s no excuse for not better A.I with the sims, consequences to their actions while also being a pretty game too boot. With all the same creative tools this sims 4 has. Will it take more money and more resources and work to create a better game? Yeah. Will it be worth it? Ask the fans. Better yet.. watch the cash flow come in like it never has. It’s still not too late but I guarantee there’s fans out there that probably know a thing or two about creating games and may have already started trying to create a perfect life simulation game where all this is possible. So if I were them I’d be worrying less about this game unless the creators decide to do a complete game overhaul which I’m sorry but they would have to basically rewrite all the codes and make emotions not the main theme of the sims 4 anymore which wouldn’t make sense. They need to see the 5th game as a huge opportunity to make it right this time and see it as an investment. But yes take their time on it and not rush it. Which wouldn’t surprise me if they are doing now but I’m just saying they should have began this process soon after this game came out. They should have known the games basic concepts were not good compared to the other versions that had way more depth. Sometimes it’s better to admit failure, let go and start again then to keep trying to force something you know isn’t going to work.

I think that the devs realized that changes to the existing installment of the Sims is still quite profitable and that development on those changes would be paid for by fans. I do hope that the next installment of the Sims will be full of lessons learned but I'm hopeful that they do all that they possibly can with the Sims 4 while the Sims 5 is in development.

I hope that they implement a fun consequence system soon. Imagine having to go to court for crimes and then get jail time that you would serve in a non rabbit hole fashion.
    In my opinion the sims 5 main theme should be all about actions and consequences with lively more in depth personalities. That is what the fans truly want that is what will sell.

I think the Sims 5 should be free roaming open world gameplay with the largely requested multiplayer feature. But we will see...back to the consequences discussion..
    I would like to see consequences big and small. I would like to see the consequences effect different sims in different ways compared to more in depth personalities they should have. For example a hopeless romantic sim who gets cheated on by their spouse may have a much harder time trusting their next lover or have thoughts or worries about them cheating again. Where as a sim that is a “Player” may just be hurt because they feel “Played” instead of doing the playing. And would get over it much quicker and would have what would be called a minor life impression. Where as the hopeless romantic it would have what should be called a lasting impression or life long lasting impression. Their should be a log or memory system where this is kept for each individual sim and it should effect their relationships with other sims and how they go about their daily lives. This of course should be the next sims game which would be the 5th one. And this should be the games main selling point and focus, instead of “Emotions”. It should be “Impressions”. There should be minor impressions, long impressions, and life long impressions. And their should be good and bad ones that effect a sims life and personality over time. In my opinion this would make endless hours of gameplay with endless possibilities of updates to their personalities and consequences to their actions. A good impression would be a sim who is a little more reserved than most maybe with a socially awkward trait And a sim their attracted too flirts with them or makes a big kind gesture and it effects their impression log. Which effects how they view that particular sim and other sims around them. Like the impressions effect may leave a minor impression for the socially awkward sim to have more confidence and make them short term feel well liked or want to do something socially daring they wouldn’t normally do. Or say this socially awkward sim also has An erratic trait it might effect the sims impression of the other sim as the greatest best sim they have ever known and may cause them to constantly think about that sim that flirted with them or made a nice gesture. And because that sim is erratic they may now have a long life impression of that particular sim where they can’t stop thinking or talking about that sim and it it’s like an unhealthy obsession for them because the erratic trait they have as well. Where if it was just the socially awkward trait it wouldn’t have effected their personality that way but because of them also having unstable emotions it’s caused them to become obsessed and effects their impression log on a medium to high level. There’s lots of ideas that could go along with this that I think players could have a lot of fun with. That have to do with mixing personality traits for different reactions and outcomes as well as also it leaving imprints on their lives.

I think they should implement these life influences in this version of the sims as they are certainly on the way to doing so with their recent additions.
  • wrathykinswrathykins Posts: 23 Member
    I would certainly like to see the return of the robber, and the alarm system! The music that would suddenly come on when the robber is approaching will forever be in my brain haha!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Love the ideas in here and the concept of actually having to play out jail time. I know a lot of people beg for burgerlers but I don't think it's the burgerlers themselves that people love. Most people hate getting their stuff stolen including me. I hate klepto sims 😆😆😆 I believe it's the concept of "danger" that people are crazy about. And being the sims that's about as close to danger/crime as we get so I'll take it over nothing.
    One of the best things about the werewolf pack is the sense of danger you can get with werewolves and Greg.
    If we get burgerlers it would be great as a lot challenge along with a lot trait that mimics a dangerous neighborhood.
    I wish we could get vampire break ins back as a lot challenge as well 😔
    An overall crime system would be great though!
    Still wish we could use the police station and the interactions for our own roleplay instead of being locked to the career.

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Oh and I know someone pointed out that we have crimes already such as hacking, but none of it feels dangerous or consequential so I always just looked at it as a normal interaction 🙃
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Love the ideas in here and the concept of actually having to play out jail time. I know a lot of people beg for burgerlers but I don't think it's the burgerlers themselves that people love. Most people hate getting their stuff stolen including me. I hate klepto sims 😆😆😆 I believe it's the concept of "danger" that people are crazy about. And being the sims that's about as close to danger/crime as we get so I'll take it over nothing.
    One of the best things about the werewolf pack is the sense of danger you can get with werewolves and Greg.
    If we get burgerlers it would be great as a lot challenge along with a lot trait that mimics a dangerous neighborhood.
    I wish we could get vampire break ins back as a lot challenge as well 😔
    An overall crime system would be great though!
    Still wish we could use the police station and the interactions for our own roleplay instead of being locked to the career.

All of this ^^^! Being a Klepto is fun, but it sucks that the NPC sims don't have a system to replace what's stolen. If you never return the stolen object, your furnished lots just end up being ruined aesthetically.

On the flipside, I've learned to keep kleptos out of your home or God knows what would end up missing.

I also hope for free access to the police station. Imagine walking into a police station and seeing a friend npc locked up. What if you could bail them out? They'd be thankful and you take them to your home and find out why they were locked up. It would be cool if they presented a danger to you at that point.

That would make long term or even new found relationships much more mysterious. Imagine getting in a fight with someone in the PD and being locked up and forced to serve 2 seasons of time...in 1st person and 3rd...would be cool.

You might even make some friends in the pen, that could have nefarious benefits when you all are released.

So I agree, burglars in general should come with a real crime and consequences system, opening up the entire sims gameplay to law breaking mayhem.
  • fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    I like the idea of hacking and criminal career having consequences. Particularly if a Sim has a low level skill with chances of being caught lowering as they develop.
    It would be fun if at higher levels the dice roll makes it less likely to be caught but if you do then the consequences are higher. So a criminal Sim might go to prison and not be in game for a year or something. Also burglar coming back would be ace. If you had any alarm and a high fitness they were no problem and just added some suprise.

My most memorable Sim moments have been unexpected and out of my control changing the story somewhat. Makes it feels bit more organic and yes I agree with @Babykittyjade that an element of danger makes it a bit more spicy and fun. I like a certain amount of control (like autonomy off on selected Sim lol) but I also like to be surprised and not have to actively force/orchestrate Happenings.
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    I think some crime-themed CAS content could be added as well, such as teardrop and spider web tattoo, Glasgow Smile scar
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • LazyGrimLazyGrim Posts: 104 Member
    It's possible for a crime system to appeal to most people. A toggle for someone to disable different crimes and for lots to replace stolen items could limit opening people's trauma and minimalize annoyance. In TS3, sims that had been caught committing crime were taken to jail for a bit. That was an acceptable consequence because it added realism but wasn't long enough to be truly obnoxious. Combine crime with the current reputation and sentiments systems and we have a pretty good base for consequences.

Like others have mentioned, random crimes according to professions would be cool. A klepto sim.. honestly wouldn't change much, but a mean or hot-headed sim could commit vandalism. An evil sim could commit any crime, but would be more prone to super crimes.

Speaking of super crimes... this would go great in a superpowers/natural disaster/crime pack. Those of us who love that danger factor NEED this pack so badly. Just imagine a boring night at the bar and suddenly a weirdo in a costume summons a swarm of bees or starts freezing people and taking their simoleons. Then cops or a superhero show up, and a showdown happens. Meanwhile your sim is trying to chat up the cute bartender who pees themself with fear and then dies from embarrassment. Your sim gets hit by a stray lightning bolt and passes out in a cloud of bees.The grim reaper swing by to reap the barkeeper and just eats a rotten bowl of olives. The chaos potential is limitless!
  • QueenFatimaQueenFatima Posts: 2 New Member
    Random Sims already do break dollhouses.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    None. This is the Sims, not Grand Theft Auto.

(Ok, ok, I wouldn't hate a tame pickpocketing skill for our criminal sims. But that's pretty much it.)

No jail time? I think serving a prison term in 3rd person would be cool. Hard beds and horrible food. Cmon devs.

There are other games for that. Or I'm sure you could find or create a mod that would suit your needs. But not all games have to be all things to all people.

I don’t use mods and I would love something more for my criminal sims!!

If would be nice if we could choose the consequences though……
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    The sims can emotionally kill other sims but it's not a crime.
    Stealing is legal, "Sharing is Caring" is an official legal activity.

Fight, pickpocket, threaten, blackmail, hack, bite and drink plasma, abduct, curse, mind control, lock somebody in the basement are legal too.

Fighting and littering are illegal. You can issue citations for them when patrolling in the Detective career. Vandalism, theft and homicide (simicide?) are also illegal, as these crime scenes are investigated and perpetrators arrested.

There are also various crimes or civil cases you can make judgements on via the Law career.

Unfortunately, we don't get to see the civilian side of things.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Arson should be a thing. We can do it indirectly with fireworks, but just having the ability to light fires anywhere would be fun. Could also be a Pyromaniac trait where they have to interact with fire regularly or they start them autonomously (like Klepto autonomy).

Evil and Mean sims need to do more Mean things autonomously to make others around them miserable without player intervention.

Divorce should effect children more, maybe with them taking one parent's side over the other. It would make deciding custody more interesting. Also some may be Angry, Sad or even Happy if they dislike one of their parents.

Gossip and drama should be spreadable. If your sim sees another sim cheating on their spouse, they should be able to confront the cheater or tell the spouse, both manually and autonomously etc.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    The sims can emotionally kill other sims but it's not a crime.
    Stealing is legal, "Sharing is Caring" is an official legal activity.

Fight, pickpocket, threaten, blackmail, hack, bite and drink plasma, abduct, curse, mind control, lock somebody in the basement are legal too.

Fighting and littering are illegal. You can issue citations for them when patrolling in the Detective career. Vandalism, theft and homicide (simicide?) are also illegal, as these crime scenes are investigated and perpetrators arrested.

There are also various crimes or civil cases you can make judgements on via the Law career.

Unfortunately, we don't get to see the civilian side of things.

I'd like to see cops on patrol in my neighbourhoods picking up all the leftover food, clay lumps and tablets. Also, maybe sims who spray paint could get a fine once in a while? Make spray painting both a creative and thrilling experience. Also, make it possible to report a theft is something is stolen from your property, get cops to come over and write a report and investigate.
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    It would be cool if we had an mall pack, I would like for sims (who are carry Klepto trait or not) to be able to shoplifting items in the mall & the same for shoplifting in retail stores in the sims 4 or maybe in the sims 5. For consequences for shoplifting, if sims steal an items that have an security tag on it, they will get caught by going passed the “EAS antenna system” (security system for anti shoplifing) objects near the exit or exit door(s), alarm go off from the EAS antenna system, & security gaurd will show up, & arresting the sims. If sims max handiness skills they will be able to disarm the EAS antenna system. Be careful not to get caught by the owners, employees, customers, or security guards while disarming it.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Draganere wrote: »
    I would like to see more also. It would be good if Sims could steal from school, like books and other Sims' possessions. I remember in Sims 2 the leaving a restaurant without paying as well.. I miss that feature. I'd love to see stealing fruit from other Sims'gardens as well, would be good for jealous gardeners in my opinion lol 🤣
    Now in Sims 4 when you leave without paying your charged when you leave the lot.

I really don't expect to see any crime added in Sims 4 robbers were excluded I think even stealing candy from a baby would be to triggering for the Sims team to add with their current direction of this game. But ignoring crime not existing in this game the major issue with Sims 4 everyone is so happy had a couple have a fight having them divorce the second I stopped controlling them they were chatting it up best friends as if nothing had just happened. But I'm all for crime within the game rating seeing as this is a life simulator GTW missed out on a huge chance to add to the game overall locking all of the criminal game play to a hidden lot though that pack failed in so many ways such a wasted good theme.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    I would like see robberies occur at retail stores and restaurants and anywhere money is kept.

I also would like to see a sim version of homicide and maybe a justice system implemented either official or by the npc citizens.

It would be cool to become wanted and worry if close friends will give you up or ambush you to bring you to justice for killing sims.

What do you all think?

Wooo, girl... You are talking my language. This game needs more spice.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47201izqt26ho5vbooxk3e4emlnl18pq9izzdhcfof&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

But I also understand that this could be very triggering for some so they would have to make this optional or at least have a scale to adjust the degree or frequency at which these instances occurr.
    p6tqefj

I think the Sims 5 should be free roaming open world gameplay with the largely requested multiplayer feature. But we will see...back to the consequences discussion..

An open world with a lot of rabbit holes is not what I want…… I would much rather see in-depth personalities, rather than….. emotions. In depth wants according to the packs you have and lots of interactions with consequences. I’d like to see babies unleashed from cribs too. I’m not interested in a lot of rabbit holes…….
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

An open world with a lot of rabbit holes is not what I want…… I would much rather see in-depth personalities, rather than….. emotions. In depth wants according to the packs you have and lots of interactions with consequences. I’d like to see babies unleashed from cribs too. I’m not interested in a lot of rabbit holes…….

I agree if it’s an open world with just rabbit holes then why bother? To me that makes the world of the sims seem more dull and not as alive as a world with short loading screens. But I know the open world is highly requested so I know it’s going to be open world for the next game. But hopefully it won’t be a bunch of rabbit holes. And yeah more in depth personalities is what matters. Not moodlets that change on a dime.

• RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    edited October 2022
    I know this won’t happen because of the age rating but I’d love it if we could get our sims to kill each other. Dark, yes, but great for storytelling.

Then if your killing sim gets caught they get rabbit holed away to prison like when kids get taken to military school.
  • ThunderNebThunderNeb Posts: 55 Member
    I doubt murder or violent crimes will happen in any Sims game. The Sims is way passive aggressive goody toe shoes. They hide nudity but have woohoo. If there are any crimes they should be things like graffiti, fighting in public, or things Stans do. Also there could be social crimes and the punishment is social shaming. Being a known slob or klepto can cause a Sim grief. What if incest was allowed, but with severe social consequences and possible hereditary defects from any kids born. I know that sounds bad, but murder is far worse than the forbidden love of kissing cousins.