The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Freetime concept!

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,113 Member
edited July 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Currently, hobbies is leading the poll about the most wanted past theme for TS4, so he we go with a new concept for TS4. This time, full of hobbies, crafting and new activities!

New skills, including:
  • Sewing
  • Pottery
  • Glassblowing
  • Ballet
  • Break dancing
  • Saxophone
  • Billiard

Also, new activities:
  • Butter churning (compatible with cow milk from Cottage Living)
  • Car restoration in two models: classic (like in TS3) and modern (like in TS2) (for now, only for selling and woohoo spot)
  • Birds watching (compatible with Outdoor Retreat)
  • Archery and axe throwing
  • Table top gaming
  • Lawn mowing and grass growing gameplay (compatible with bunnies from Cottage Living)

Refresh of swimming pool gameplay and items:
  • A lot of new swimming pool interactions, including Marco Polo
  • New swimming pool cleaning gameplay, similar to TS Freeplay
  • Classic diving board in three different models
  • Curved swimming pools tool (also as BG update)
  • Volleyball net for swimming pools

New world:

The new world will be a three neighborhood world, each with at least 6 lots.

Returning NPCs like the Monty and the Capps families from TS2.

New system for BG: Hobbies!

The old Hobbies System from TS2 Freetime will return, now with 12 different hobbies. 10 for BG but 12 if we have some packs:
  1. Cuisine
  2. Film and literature
  3. Tinkering
  4. Sports
  5. Music and dance
  6. Fitness
  7. Arts and crafts
  8. Science
  9. Games
  10. Nature
  11. Fame (if Get Famous is installed)
  12. Occult (if occults/spooky related packs is installed)

Hobbies are fun pursuits for Sims. Sims gain enthusiasm in hobbies by performing related activities.

As Sims master activities they will unlock new interactions and uncover secret lots. A Sim has a predestined hobby and will gain enthusiasm in it faster than others. When a Sim first tries an activity in his or her predestined hobby, a chord will play, and a message will appear stating that the Sim is excited to try this activity. Once a Sim's predestined hobby has been revealed, the enthusiasm meter for that hobby will be outlined in silver.

Most, though not all, hobbies have special "idle" animations that Sims will occasionally perform if they have enthusiasm in that hobby. While this can be a way for a player to discover what hobbies a townie or NPC has enthusiasm in, some players find them annoying.

New gameplay for BG: aquariums care!

Aquariums! Aquariums care will be included in this pack, and also as a BG update for small aquariums like the one from Snowy Escape or the ones included with Cats & Dogs. Aquarium gameplay will return with the classic "feed", "clean" and "replace" fishes. For BG, two new aquariums could be included.

New gameplay for BG: water heating!

These items will enhance the drama in the lot, specially when Sims uses multiple plumbing items at the same time. Three new water heaters: tankless, tanked and large basement one, each with upgrades to avoid issues. If Eco Lifestyle is installed, each will impact in the eco footprint of the neighborhood. Also compatible with Laundry Day.

Both, aquariums and water heating gameplay could be deactivated in Options Menu.

Others updates for BG:

A pool table and a diving board could also be included as BG update.

Finally, curved swimming pools could be included as BG update.
Post edited by Mak27 on

Comments

• Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I don't think a new idea would make Sims 4 fun anymore, imo. They need to fix current issues first. Bugs, annoying Sims, barging into homes and stealing stuff- and you can do nothing to stop them- yet if you do that, you get a bad reputation.

They desperately need to work on what they already have.
  • OmniNerd42OmniNerd42 Posts: 38 Member
    Can we add table top gaming to the list of things to do?
    Check Out My Current Sims 4 Creations
    Or
    Check Out My Older Sims 3 Account & Creations
    And
    Check Out My Live Stream Where teens throughout the Sims have runaway from home together. The drama is real!
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,113 Member
    I don't think a new idea would make Sims 4 fun anymore, imo. They need to fix current issues first. Bugs, annoying Sims, barging into homes and stealing stuff- and you can do nothing to stop them- yet if you do that, you get a bad reputation.

There's 8 years since the game was launched. That's why we have monthly laundry list for bugs fixing.

In that case, stop complain and enjoy the game because EA will release A LOT of new content for years. Or wait until TS5.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Mak27 wrote: »

There's 8 years since the game was launched. That's why we have monthly laundry list for bugs fixing.

In that case, stop complain and enjoy the game because EA will release A LOT of new content for years. Or wait until TS5.

It's more than that.

I genuinely uninstalled my all-time favorite game before simply due to bugs and did not look back- save maybe once or twice. I don't play that game anymore. I had all expansions on it and everything. If a game is bugged to the point of being no fun... heck, I don't recall buying from that company after that.

I didn't even purchase another game- from a different company- since it was full of bugs, according to players. Working around bugs isn't really playing.

Bugs can kill games for people really
    fast.
  • LucaslovesgamesLucaslovesgames Posts: 58 Member
    I think this would be a fantastic addition to add to the Sims 4, also bringing back a hobby system like in the Sims 2 would be great too, maybe Sims could choose which hobbies they like in create a sim, it would add so much depth, hobbies could include football, aqua in pool, yoga, using pottery, ballet, dancing, judo.