Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging with 7/26/2022 patch

Comments

• flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    It appears to be worse than the first patch :(

Last week I opened my short lifespan save and I did not notice anything suspicious (but did not play because I didn't want to with all the issues). Now I installed the patch and my backup (made one day before the messed up patch) and Sims have wrong ages, age up instantly and get calls about dead friends...

I tried deleting cache stuff in the hope that this might help, but it didn't...

I beyond frustrated now.
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,013 Member
    I refuse to even open the game until I know these bugs have been routed!

My cryogenically quarantined sims ... until the game is safe. 😆
    y4mj2fRK1Umj0ZIbRNCx56bcY77P6odRQrz41jMlPMT_nvrVaA__XWhEIQ0pU-FBOIf_9QZaFZvuti17dxAVTGRAi6ouzLk4071Yt2Slxnpacf3YDuaU_Zt_Hbe8nSf_NYMQzW0D9t6p0sz-kCG5vu9Ly5m0J38HTfFrv81wdtuprci5kxuu03RzAhMZJPjLPXz?width=356&height=200&cropmode=none
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    I'm trying to gauge my next steps as I recover from this patch. My main Under The Tartosan Sun save I think may be ruined. If you think a save was broken by the pre-pack patch, any save point in that file, even one from before the patch is broken too? I'm guessing that's the case. One of the problems I'm running into is missing CAS cc that was returned to my mods folder is not showing back up on the sim in question like it did before. And if I put the item back on, save, the next time I come back the item is once again missing even though I put it back and saved.

Another thing, does the save being broken only affect the sims themselves or does it also affect the lots? I ask because I'm afraid my most recent and up to date backup save may also have taken a hit. I have two other backups, but they are a ways behind the main save and the most recent backup. I can cheat the skills and such to get back to where I was, but it's the continuity errors that will come from lots and worlds not looking the same. That's definitely something I want to avoid since this is story I post on here. I'm worried about the fact that things do not appear to be saving properly. I don't want to do a session and all the story progress is lost when I exit. The aging being messed up isn't a problem. I play with aging off anyway so even though some of them maxed out on their current stage they won't actually age up without me saying so. I'm worried about this saving issue.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,573 Member
    I finally got hit by the save bug last night and it was a doozy. Wrecked a pretty intricate storyline where one of my sims woo's the butler, they court each other and he ultimately wants to marry her so he asks her to resign. They get married, a new butler is hired, and they are ready for a happy life. When I come back after saving, the wife isn't in the family anymore but she's still listed as a spouse, there's a new butler, but I look in the backyard and the wife is there still wearing a butler outfit doing butler things! I can't add or remove her from the family. I played with it a while and couldn't get it to right itself. Firing the butler only affected the new one, so whatever the rollback bug did it restored the butler flag but kept the spouse flag and it glitched them pretty good. Anyway, lost interest trying to fix it and there was no telling what else was broken, plus the pathing and sims getting distracted mid-task is back so I stay interested. I ended up scrapping the butler/wife. I'm probably going to start a new save by the weekend depending on how much this broke things.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @Kerrigan The save bug is probably mod related. Check the forums where you get mods, especially any 18+ mods that can't be discussed on the Forums.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 84 Member
    It appears to be worse than the first patch :(

Last week I opened my short lifespan save and I did not notice anything suspicious (but did not play because I didn't want to with all the issues). Now I installed the patch and my backup (made one day before the messed up patch) and Sims have wrong ages, age up instantly and get calls about dead friends...

I tried deleting cache stuff in the hope that this might help, but it didn't...

I beyond frustrated now.

Yikes. That's terrifying.

So, now I wait for a patch for the patch for the patch.

• haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Have you tried repairing your game? Ideally, the backup saves would be okay (but they should be a different file).
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,319 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

The patch that went live yesterday on PC/Mac does resolve the aging bug for new saves, unfortunately it cannot resolve the issue for saves that were hit with this issue already.

Also be aware that all lifespans were retuned with the release of the latest base game update.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    A bug, which was 'fixed' by the August 2nd patch.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    @EA_Cade I had problems with a backup save too that was never tainted by the messed up patch, I reported the issue here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Short-lifespan-Ages-are-messed-up-when-loading-an-old-save-with

:(
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,075 Member
    edited August 2022
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Hey all,

The patch that went live yesterday on PC/Mac does resolve the aging bug for new saves, unfortunately it cannot resolve the issue for saves that were hit with this issue already.

Also be aware that all lifespans were retuned with the release of the latest base game update.

I started a new vanilla save today after the patch and a young adult had 21 days with the long lifespan.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    @haneul I did a repair on Friday. I'm still cautiously optimistic that the backup may be safe. The fix wasn't out yet, but I had turned aging back on to reset the lifespan to normal. The last time I had turned it on I set it on long and left it. That's how I got pulled into this since i play aging off. I was in my main save when I reset it, so maybe the backup will still be good.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    edited August 2022

There's been an update and I'm just about to switch the game on and see if its fixed this issue. The way I'm feeling at the moment it is putting me off playing the game. It feels like I'm wasting time fulfilling wants just to get the "Potion of Youth" to try and turn them back into Young Adults again!
    Lulu29 wrote: »

There's been an update and I'm just about to switch the game on and see if its fixed this issue. The way I'm feeling at the moment it is putting me off playing the game. It feels like I'm wasting time fulfilling wants just to get the "Potion of Youth" to try and turn them back into Young Adults again!

A new update today? (3rd August?)
    Brd709 wrote: »

Yeppers. The Console update is rolling out right now. Same update PC/Mac got yesterday.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    Hey all,

Can you please direct me to some info on what those lifestage changes were? I pretty much base my game on the original year count and will likely need to make a few adjustments in my progression plans - hopefully not by trying and failing. Did not patch yet, so I can not look this up in the game settings. Thanks!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    Heya.

I don't believe we've shared all the updated values as of yet. I'll poke around and see if I can get a full list.

Yeppers. The Console update is rolling out right now. Same update PC/Mac got yesterday.

Ah ok. I’m a PC player and got the update yesterday but didn’t seem to fix lifespans on long in my current or a new save from scratch.

Ah ok. I’m a PC player and got the update yesterday but didn’t seem to fix lifespans on long in my current or a new save from scratch.

Can you elaborate on what exactly you're seeing on a new save post-patch?
    edited August 2022

I created a new lead character in a new save and her lifespan as a young adult on long lifespan only shows her having 21 days until she ages up. The same goes for Adults, adults have a total of 17 days until aging up on current and new saves with long lifespan.

I created a new lead character in a new save and her lifespan as a young adult on long lifespan only shows her having 21 days until she ages up. The same goes for Adults, adults have a total of 17 days until aging up on current and new saves with long lifespan.

Thanks, are you using MCCC by chance?
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    Is the aging going to be eventually fixed on existing saves too or do I have to just delete all my 60 saves that I've played rotationally, some of them I've had for over 7 years. :(

Yes. I have recently added the most recent version and this is what i am seeing via that and the age bar also confirms how many days left in life stage as well.
    Thanks for that info. We're tracking this one here on AHQ BTW

Yes. I have recently added the most recent version and this is what i am seeing via that and the age bar also confirms how many days left in life stage as well.

Awesome, many thanks for your help!