Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The One-Pack challenge

I had a great idea just now for a new challenge, called the One-Pack. In this challenge, you have to make your sim survive using only items from one DLC pack, none from the base game, unless absolutely necessary. I'll be running through it as a demonstration in this thread.

Rules:

1. You may only use items from one major DLC pack, e.g. Cats And Dogs or Strangerville.
2. If a sim simply CANNOT SURVIVE without something from base game, you have permission to use it, but try not to. For example, walls are allowed, and so are refrigerators.
3. If you have Seasons, or any passive-effect packs for that matter, that's fine, but don't use items, traits, or occults from them.
4. In CAS, this also applies. No articles of clothing, accessories, or hairstyles that aren't in your chosen DLC are allowed to be on your sim. However, on this rule, there are no exceptions.
5. Your sim must have at least one trait from the pack, and the pack-exclusive aspiration.
6. You must live in the world that the DLC introduced, without going outside to another DLC world or the three base game worlds.
7. If your pack is Cats and Dogs, you have to have a cat or a dog living with you. If your pack adds an occult, your sim must be that occult.
8. No stuff packs are allowed, only game and expansion packs.
9. You may move into a pre-built house and keep it furnished. However, if you get rid of even one base game item, you can't get it back, so be warned.
10. If you want an easier challenge, adapt this to two packs. However, if you adapt it to base game and pack, then it will be like playing a regular game of The Sims 4.

My pack is Cats and Dogs (really, aside from Discover University, I don't own any other packs).

My sim is Trevor, a sim with the Friend of the Animals aspiration. His traits are Cat Lover, Dog Lover, and Good. (I couldn't find another Cats and Dogs specific trait, but technically you only need one.)
trevor1.png
All of his clothing is, of course, Cats and Dogs exclusive. There are a few things that couldn't be done with Cats And Dogs, such as formal wear or athletic bottoms. Nothing that can't be fixed by copying the same outfit over to every appearance.

effScreenshot2022072411.png
Of course, I wouldn't make him sleep in a jacket and pants, so I made a custom outfit for that to be nice.

67dScreenshot2022072411.png
He also doesn't have any clothes on for swimwear, since there's no CAD swimwear. Trust me, I wish there was.

So that's my idea! Feel free to play this, or point out any flaws in the rules.
g0fp4eb0ah2i.png
How ironic.

Comments

• dythiadythia Posts: 104 Member
    Oh yeah, I forgot to show his cat! Meet Jax, a Clever and Curious cat that is also a bit of a Glutton.

cc7Screenshot2022072411.png
    g0fp4eb0ah2i.png
    How ironic.