Never met your online BFF but want to? Share your story with us here for a chance to win an all-expenses paid, meet up with your BFF IRL.
The Sims 4 will be FREE to download across PC/Mac & Consoles on October 18! More info here: here
September 23rd- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Best and worst thing about each sims game you've played

2...Next

Comments

• EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 815 Member
    edited August 14
    Sims 1:

Pros: Different locations to visit; Careers
    Cons: No age progression from babies without visiting Magic Town, Limited BB/CAS

Sims 2:

Pros: Too many pros to list
    Cons: Limited BB/CAS

Sims 3:

Pros: Beautiful World, Gameplay, CAS
    Cons: BB, The Sims' appearance

Sims 4:

Pros: CAS
    Cons: Lack of gameplay
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,360 Member
    My Sims: Does this one count? I loved making furniture! I hated that there was not room for everyone to live in the town.

Sims 2: I loved the Sims themselves and the quirky ways they behaved. I loved being able to build a trailer park that actually functioned. But CAS was limited and there was no multitasking.

Sims Freeplay: I love the way it used to be when it was truly free play with some fun quests. The babies were the best! I hate the grindfest it became. I would still be playing otherwise.

Sims 4: I love the way it looks. The occult Sims are awesome. The toddlers are adorable. But I want my trailer park back, and I hate the bugs.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,325 Member
    edited August 24
    I would say

Sims 1: Never played

Sims 2 (limited playtime so can't fully judge)

Pros: Whackiness, personality depth
    Cons: Closed world, no create a style, dated graphics, pretty similar to 3 but doesn't have the open world + create a style so I prefer 3

Sims 3

Pros: Open world, world landscapes are beautiful, in depth packs, create a style, whackiness
    Cons: Major and regular crashing issues, slow loading, ugly clothes and sims without cc, can't go between worlds without moving

Sims 4

Pros: Great items, looks good up close, fast loading and limited crashing, best version of occults, toddlers and restaurants in the franchise (with mods to fix Dine Out), Selvadorada and Sulani are beautiful
    Cons: It often feels like the target audience is eleven year old girls (despite the game being rated teen), packs are shallow and lack depth, lack of QA, still not a fan of the furry werewolves 😬
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 570 Member
    I've never played Sims 1 and 2.

Sims 3
    Pro: detailed gameplay
    Con: technical difficulties

Sims 4
    Pro: graphics
    Con: limited gameplay