Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When did you first start playing the sims

Comments

• Options
    SusanaLeoteSusanaLeote Posts: 36 Member
    2000, 22 years ago!
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    I've been playing for 22 years as well!

I've told this story a few times. Hubs was then The Boyfriend. When my son wasn't with his Dad, we'd go out on Friday nights. Usually to the mall or running errands together. My son was young (8) and I remember seeing The Sims commercials. Hubby was (and still is) a big gamer back then. My Dad recently bought me a PC so I bought my son a game (I think it was that cute kids game Backyard Football) and I grabbed a copy of SIMS. Later, I put my son to bed. Hubs went back to his place and I loaded up SIMS. It was 9 p.m. I got started and the next thing I knew, it was 3 a.m!! I was sucked into the game from the very beginning.

So many fun things in all versions (well 1 thru 3, I don't play 4). Stories that were told using SIMS 2 were a joy to read as well. I even played SIMS Online, I actually miss that, because I liked the goofy mini games. SIMS 3 is still so much fun (for me) to play.

We've all talked about it in other threads, there is still things (for me) to discover and do. I may take breaks now and then, but I find joy in SIMS 3. I like having a place to go to and be creative. Especially when I'm not feeling quite myself.

Plus, I get to read all your creative stories and admire your builds. I use your stories and ideas as inspiration for my games.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    DuckyQueenDuckyQueen Posts: 342 Member
    I’ve been into the sims for a while but I started playing in September of 2020
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    Have been playing ever since "TS1 Double Deluxe" edition came out in 2003
    I bought it as a late 14th birthday present for my son to make up that I had to work on his birthday and didn't see him except for a hour after he woke up We have been playing since then
  • Options
    qklqkl Posts: 5 New Member
    i played simcity on mobile like 7 years ago or longer, and first tried sims 4 like 5 years ago. i sucked at it and hated it, but coming back im glad i tried it again!
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Started with Sims 1 on PC back in 2000. Have played on PC, console (Nintendo and Playstation), handheld (Nintendo and Playstation, again), and mobile (Android and iOS phones and tablets, and Nook and Kindle tablets) since.
  • Options
    Alwayzboredkid15Alwayzboredkid15 Posts: 8 New Member
    I started playing sims on Sims 3. I can't remember what year it was but I do remember that my friends got me Sims 4 as soon as it came out.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    That's a difficult question. I know that I started playing The Sims 2 on December 2008, but exactly what date I don't remember. It was before Christmas though. I received the game in my socking and was so excited. After all, I could build there and then afterwards see what's going on in the buildings I've built.
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    edited August 2022
    14 years!

I finally looked up when I started...September of 2008 with Sims 2. I remember wanting the Sims for a long time, and I may have had The Sims before that, but never got hooked. But in September of 2008, our townhouse was destroyed by a hurricane, and we all crammed into a very small space while we waited for our home to be renovated. My husband bought me Sims 2 to help with my distress. I went to school for architectural drafting and also loved decorating...so it was right up my alley. It helped me recover and I never stopped loving the Sims after that.

About a year after Sims 4 came out, I skipped Sims 3 and bought it. I have loved Sims 4 and now have almost everything they offer. There's a couple of the kits I'm not interested in because I'm not huge on CAS, but if they have it, I want it. My husband seriously buys me Sims instead of flowers to be romantic <3 .
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    @Sprottenham We must have been raised around the same time. I remember getting ready for school while my homework printed. It took that long! And I would do dishes while my computer started. Yeah. I'm so glad it's different now.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    22 years so starting with the first and still play 2,3 & 4. I have my discs from The Sims but no longer have it installed.
    Yup 22 years and I feel every single ep, gp, sp & kit in my bones. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    edited August 2022
    Yeah, I've been playing for the whole 22 years! Still not as proficient as I would wish. Love the Sims 3 and will play it till it doesn't work anymore.

I heard about the Sims 1 from a PC mag. Got the game guide next and wore it out. Such a great sounding game! Bought my first real PC to play the game and haven't looked back. Well, I haven't stopped playing sims games. Have had about 5 PC's since then.

I so wish Sims 4 were as good as Sims 3. In some ways it's better (like being able to do more than one thing at a time) but overall it's disappointing. I so want to love that game.

For now I just play Sims 3 ;) .
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    I've been playing since the original Sims :smiley::wink:
    22years!!! wow where did the time go!!! :blush:
    I love seeing what they come out with and how it has evolved :smiley:
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited January 2023

Sim City; 1989. Sims Freeplay / Sims 4 ; 2015
    Post edited by Slacker on
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    jellybelly_3jellybelly_3 Posts: 75 Member
    I've been a simmer since 2009!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,936 Member
    Early 2000s although I am unsure on the year anymore, it was when the Sims 1 was still the newest though, my very first game is cloudy but it was either the Sims 1 for the PS2, or the Sims 1 deluxe edition on the PC where I was upset seeing people drowning Sims.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    faceface Posts: 21 Member
    Granddaughter of the century!

My first exposure to it was with The Sims 2 while being over at a rich friend's house. We made ourselves in CAS but couldn't even figure out how to build a house. Nonetheless, the game was in the back of my mind for many months. I found a beat-up copy of The Sims 1 at a thrift store; we didn't get it and I was sad about it for a very long time. And then my mom surprised me with a Sims 3 starter pack (base game+Late Night+High-End Loft Stuff, I think?) and I was ecstatic. Into The Future was just released around this time and I remember thinking that it didn't look appealing at all lol.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited August 2022
    2000! I remember hearing Simlish for the first time. My family and I thought we selected the wrong language and reinstalled the game. Then we realized its a made up language. lol I remember playing for hours and then watching my siblings play for hours on our Wins 98. And then Sims 2 came out and it was such a beautiful game. I miss those days when my whole family used to play The Sims. Everyone loved the game!
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

@PantasticalCat glad you still love the sims 3 from an 8yr old to a 19 yr old, how nice. I understand about the sims 4 as I feel the same. Have fun with your sims.
  • Options

@Nikkei_Simmer I agree with you that he truly hit the mark when he came up with the concept of the Sims. I think sims are good for you. I just read that in a health article. Have fun with your sims.
  • Options

@ThGarnet_Alexandria Glad you still play the siim, how wonderful that you were given Sims Complete Collection, so many have been playing for 22 yrs also. Have fun with your sims
  • Options

@SirianaSims how wonderful another 22 yr veteran of the sims. It does not matter what sims you like it only matter if you are having fun. Have fun with your sims.
  • Options

@MamaSimTee It is so interesting how everyone got their sims and how they play. glad you got the sims and are still paying Have fun with your sims.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I am so glad so many have been playing the sims for so long. It does not matter if you played 22 yrs or 22 days. It come back to having fun with your sims no matter how many days you have been playing. I find it very stimulating it seems like it never grows old, I guess it is because every time you play it is deferent, it seems never to grow old. enjoy your sims and Have fun with your sims.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    I just realized that I have been playing the sims for 22 yrs. wow. and I still love it. My Granddaughter gave it to me as a gift.

The Sims was the first game in the series. Developed by Maxis and published by Electronic Arts, it was released for Microsoft Windows on February 4, 2000. The game used dimetric projection and featured open-ended simulation of the daily activities of one or more virtual persons ("Sims") in a suburban area near SimCity.
    Developer(s): Maxis
    First release: The Sims, February 4, 2000
    Genre(s): Life simulation, Social simulation

I've been playing sims in general since 2005 when I was 17/18 years old. Been hooked ever since <3 In my early teens, I watched a neighbor play the original sims 1, then her daughter got me into sims 2. The rest is history.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything