Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want an endless winter.

You could do this stuff in TS3, why was it removed in 4? Say I want to have, I dunno, a nuclear winter so you have to live off the grid and try to stay warm, or something?

Or if I want to have an endless fall in a Halloween themed game, or summer in a castaway game?

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Is it not possible to do this with the weather machine?
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I was thinking about this just now. The weather machine is useful if you have high handiness, but if you aren't skilled, it tends to backfire (for me, anyway). I wish we could choose the season length per world, like we could in Sims 2, and maybe 3 as well.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Such a device is useless if you're off the grid, I bet.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I know it's bothersome, but I guess you can remove the off the grid lot trait, use the weather machine and then add the off the grid lot trait again.

Anyway, I like the idea of having to struggle to stay warm. It reminds me of another game I play. I might want to try it with some of my sims.
  • Options
    Or what If, say... Vladislaus decides to turn the world into an endless autumn so plasma fruits spawn like crazy?
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Or what If, say... Vladislaus decides to turn the world into an endless autumn so plasma fruits spawn like crazy?

That would have unintended consequences if we wanted to lit that level of detail on, because fruiting plants tha go dormant on winter and are therefore seasonal, need that period of dormancy or else they weaken and eventually die. So much as I like the idea of a year of crisp fall weather, the apples and limplins wouldn't keep coming without winters, spring, and summer.

I do wish I could just set the season to whatever I want, or eliminate certain seasons at will.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options

That would have unintended consequences if we wanted to lit that level of detail on, because fruiting plants tha go dormant on winter and are therefore seasonal, need that period of dormancy or else they weaken and eventually die. So much as I like the idea of a year of crisp fall weather, the apples and limplins wouldn't keep coming without winters, spring, and summer.

I do wish I could just set the season to whatever I want, or eliminate certain seasons at will.

That would be the whole point in Vlad's eyes, yes? The puny mortals could just live on the berries they grow indoors... >:)