Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we will get new careers this year?

Are you hopeful for new careers this year and if so, what careers are you hopeful for?

Have you received any hints about any that could be forthcoming?

I hope that whatever they add that they aren't rabbit holes.

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    Yes, I prefer non rabbit holes also. I’d like to see a car pack with a mechanic career, possibly a gas station with a little retail outlet ( like a fast strip or 7/11. And would like to be able to work on cars as a hobby too.

I think it would be nice to have a modeling career and a real estate career.

I love the active careers, especially ones with workplaces like we got in ‘Get to Work’.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited July 2022
    if theres winter ep maybe like bands/music kinda thing could come with one

or then I am kind of wondering about burglars since they added that sneak out window in high school and i just imagine burglars would absolutely love that :lol:

but idk I'm not really in rush for more careers atm i kinda wish they would just like improve the existing ones some
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I wish there was more work hour choices for Babysitter. I don't see how they only work on the weekend.

I've wanted something like panhandler and test subject. I remember in sims 2 fortune sims would walk up to the curb panhandling when they were in aspiration failure.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    Would be nice if sims could take NPC careers like maid, or gardener, or pizza/groceries delivery, bartender, barista, librarian, cook, etc. I would love a fortune teller. Also, seasonal jobs like lifeguard at the beach, santa for hire during winter, aerobics instructor, pickpocket and forgery artist, body guard for a celebrity or a shop, door to door cosmetics or land on the moon salesperson. Would be nice if we could register as self employed and them have option to choose a filed and and a product to deliver, say farmer that produces milk, cheese, etc. and then try to to find regular clients, say 1 milk to X sim, 2 cheese to Y sim every monday, and then be able to brand your product and esentially sell for more than just the catalog price.
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    Croco that's pretty detailed, but it would be cool to have more true to life occupations to pursue day to day.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    I've been wanting npc manager for a while so I could assign my own sims as bartenders librarians repair pals maids etc instead of randomized townies taking over everything

I just really miss having specific sims in these roles that wouldn't be replaced by random townies

but yeah it would be cool to also have them on those careers when you do play them
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal that would be immensely helpful. The ability to assign created sims to service jobs would be cool. They should make this apart of a refresh. I wouldn't mind being an on call handyman. That would be a cool non rabbit hole job or gig.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I wished that there was a firefighting career. It can be an active career now (maybe the sim stays at the station for three days at a time which is not only realistic; but gives players time to battle fires/emergencies).
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    For me the most important thing is including jobs that are more common for regular people. So many jobs are trendy fame stuff (influencer, art critic, influencer again, video gamer, video gamer again, video gamer a third time) that would never be an option for the vast majority of regular people. But manual labor is relegated to a part-time job, and barely anything about construction is represented. We can't be a maid, a firefighter, a mailperson or delivery person. Our sims wouldn't even have to actually appear in service roles, just having these as rabbit holes would be great.

Though I'd also love jobs that are quirky and fun. Still weird and something most people won't be able to get into, but ridiculous and weird enough to fit the franchise's brand of humor. A Psychic/Fortune Teller career could be very funny, especially if you could be a real psychic or a fraud like in previous games. Maybe a Daredevil career, where the whole point is that your sim just does dumb and dangerous stunts for cash? They come home dazed, exhausted and injured.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    For me the most important thing is including jobs that are more common for regular people. So many jobs are trendy fame stuff (influencer, art critic, influencer again, video gamer, video gamer again, video gamer a third time) that would never be an option for the vast majority of regular people. But manual labor is relegated to a part-time job, and barely anything about construction is represented. We can't be a maid, a firefighter, a mailperson or delivery person. Our sims wouldn't even have to actually appear in service roles, just having these as rabbit holes would be great.

Though I'd also love jobs that are quirky and fun. Still weird and something most people won't be able to get into, but ridiculous and weird enough to fit the franchise's brand of humor. A Psychic/Fortune Teller career could be very funny, especially if you could be a real psychic or a fraud like in previous games. Maybe a Daredevil career, where the whole point is that your sim just does dumb and dangerous stunts for cash? They come home dazed, exhausted and injured.

Or maybe a professional athlete, swimmer, marathon runner, competitive aerobics, figure skating? They would need to train most of the time and occasionally will have competitions to attend and earn medals and sponsorship deals. Or a professional chess player, or even darts player.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »

Or maybe a professional athlete, swimmer, marathon runner, competitive aerobics, figure skating? They would need to train most of the time and occasionally will have competitions to attend and earn medals and sponsorship deals. Or a professional chess player, or even darts player.
    Those would be pretty nice. We have a professional athlete career, but we're seriously lacking in sports. DU should have some with a soccer career and HSY a football career, so your sim can prep while they're still in school.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yes, I am always hoping for new careers. I would especially love a horseman career and a freelance musician career.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    New careers, and no more rabbitholes. Heck, I would just be happy if they changed all rabbitholes to active careers.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

or then I am kind of wondering about burglars since they added that sneak out window in high school and i just imagine burglars would absolutely love that :lol:

but idk I'm not really in rush for more careers atm i kinda wish they would just like improve the existing ones some

yes a burglar career would be great.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    New careers, and no more rabbitholes. Heck, I would just be happy if they changed all rabbitholes to active careers.

Man that would take Sims gameplay to a whole 'nother level. I wish they would make all careers active...like the law career can allow you to be a judge and send sims to jail.
    Simmingal wrote: »

yes a burglar career would be great.

That would be cool. As my klepto sims constantly rob houses, it would be cool to be a burglar to seek out unique items. It would also be cool to get caught or trapped by a security system and unfriended once your identity is revealed by the cops.
    If we get a burglar career, I want burglars to return.
    Tech Guru... fix broken PCs, program, play video games, and write bug reports, make suggestions to people for the game(s).

Military: March, guard duty, cleaning, cooking, general repairs, dueling, find the evil spy, athletic training, manning machinery.

Scientist: study [REDACTED], upkeep equipment, study specimens, work on [REDACTED].

I bet you can come up with other active career ideas.