Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Leaked Gameplay Article

124...Next

Comments

• Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    RoseQuartz wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Darren wrote: »
    So... 2 classes a day sounds good - that would be morning class, then lunch, then afternoon class presumably.

I am really hoping for classes that have things other than sitting at a desk.

As long as there are no homework for each class but instead one general homework for the next day like we have now.
    I wonder if they can sneakily do their homework during class...

One of those small details that I really miss from TS3 is that your sim could finish their homework on the bus on the way to school (although it did seem to have a small detrimental affect on their mood and energy for the rest of the day). I thought that was both convenient and realistic... and a little funny. I was always scrambling to get homework done (on the bus, in the hallway, etc.). I mean, I was a goody-two-shoes, but we had so much homework at my school that we were all always sneaking it in wherever we could.

Even if we don't get school buses in this pack, it would definitely be great if our sims could sneak to work on it in class, work on it in the cafeteria, etc.

Oh! You know, one thing I haven't seen mentioned is a school library. How could we possibly have a high school without a library? (Not to mention the difficulties of creating a Buffy save.)

Whoo! A Buffy save! I haven't done one, but that could be fun! Yep, the Scooby gang definitely needs a library to hang out in!
    Also Teen Wolf would be fun. Good stuff!

What is a Buffy Save?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer. You kids these days... :D
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    What is a Buffy Save?
    Buffy is a company that makes linens. "Unparalleled quality. Elevated tones." Amapola is probably having the cast of Scooby Doo make blankets and comforters to sell online :)
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    What is a Buffy Save?
    Buffy is a company that makes linens. "Unparalleled quality. Elevated tones." Amapola is probably having the cast of Scooby Doo make blankets and comforters to sell online :)

Not a bad business idea. 10/10, would buy a blanket crocheted by Willow Rosenberg.
  • RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    Agreed. :D
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Really not a fan of sexuality being added.. One of my favorite things about this game has always been how sexuality isn't a thing. Sims can just flirt with anyone. No restrictions. No labels on it. None of the real life stuff. I hope at the very least they won't start giving pre-made sims sexualities, and downloaded sims from the gallery won't come with sexualities, so players can just ignore this if they don't want to use it.

I didn't get the impression it was any different than the pronouns. I take it this is going to be something you have to actively set on your own. That's how I read it anyway.

I hoped so but sadly on the live they confirmed that they're setting the sims from this pack (and future packs) with built in sexualities so it'll be the case that if you want to set your sims up with certain new townies you'll have to go into CAS and change them to do that
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Turns out there is no proper attraction system. We can only pick sexual/romantic orientation (in terms of gender). We can't pick what physical attributes or traits our sims are attracted to. Have to admit this is disappointing to me. I'm happy to have sexual/romantic orientation, but I was so hoping for a full attraction system.
  • RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    Turns out there is no proper attraction system. We can only pick sexual/romantic orientation (in terms of gender). We can't pick what physical attributes or traits our sims are attracted to. Have to admit this is disappointing to me. I'm happy to have sexual/romantic orientation, but I was so hoping for a full attraction system.

Maybe that'll be part of Version 2 the gurus mentioned, since they said they'll keep adding to that system.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    RoseQuartz wrote: »
    Darren wrote: »
    So... 2 classes a day sounds good - that would be morning class, then lunch, then afternoon class presumably.

I am really hoping for classes that have things other than sitting at a desk.

As long as there are no homework for each class but instead one general homework for the next day like we have now.
    I wonder if they can sneakily do their homework during class...

One of those small details that I really miss from TS3 is that your sim could finish their homework on the bus on the way to school (although it did seem to have a small detrimental affect on their mood and energy for the rest of the day). I thought that was both convenient and realistic... and a little funny. I was always scrambling to get homework done (on the bus, in the hallway, etc.). I mean, I was a goody-two-shoes, but we had so much homework at my school that we were all always sneaking it in wherever we could.

Even if we don't get school buses in this pack, it would definitely be great if our sims could sneak to work on it in class, work on it in the cafeteria, etc.

Oh! You know, one thing I haven't seen mentioned is a school library. How could we possibly have a high school without a library? (Not to mention the difficulties of creating a Buffy save.)

Whoo! A Buffy save! I haven't done one, but that could be fun! Yep, the Scooby gang definitely needs a library to hang out in!
    Also Teen Wolf would be fun. Good stuff!

What is a Buffy Save?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer. You kids these days... :D

Oh, I know about Buffy. I just wasn't sure what you were referring to.
    Mine slayed plenty of Vampires in TS3, totally cleansing Bridgeport.

Sunlight charm.
    Screenshot-3285.jpg
    Thirst curse.
    Screenshot-3286.jpg

Bye bye, Beau.
    Screenshot-3288.jpg

Were you one of his familiars?
    Screenshot-3289.jpg

Screenshot-3290.jpg

I haven't experimented with TS4 spellcasters, but I doubt they can do this.
    Screenshot-3291.jpg
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    edited July 2022
    I was a Buffy/Angel fan since the beginning when I was a young adult & now my young adult daughter is a second generation fan. ;)
    I used to tape on VHS my favorite Buffy episodes & now both my daughter & I have our own DVD collection of the series. :p I have the Angel series also because I'm a huge fan of Angel. He's always been so gorgeous. <3

I just had a weird though about an occult high school that involves a slayer, a witch, a vampire & a teen wolf. :D