Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wyrd Tales (updated Jul 12, '24)

Comments

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,808 Member

Chapter 17 - A Perfect Night

Sneaking away from the Gala, Miranda and Mariah made their way back to the house on the bluff...

"OK, again with being really sorry about the whole complete jealous idiot thing," Mariah said.

"Maybe just don't do it again," Miranda smiled.
    i1iNh2q.png
    "So, there was that one thing you said," Mariah hesitated.

"The part where I said 'I love you,'" Miranda replied.

"I... love you too," Mariah stammered. "You... know that, right."

"I do now," Miranda smiled.
    Sw9upuX.png

"Hey, you want to jump in the hot-tub?" Mariah whispered breathlessly.

"I'll get my suit," Miranda purred.
    h7uW4iC.png

"So," Miranda grinned. "Here we are... relaxing in the hot tub..."
    aP93JtN.png
    "I have something," Mariah whispered. "This guy at the studio sometimes sends Londyn this powder stuff..."
    ljtkLth.png

"You mix it in water... makes this serum... and you drink it," she continued.

"Ummm... is it safe?" Miranda asked.
    Ro0jfsv.png

"Sure," Mariah nodded. "I tried some with Tomi and Angelo once. It makes you feel incredible.
    kVdq6Se.png

"OK, I guess" Miranda swallowed it down.
    1jrG9Tu.png

"Wow," Miranda giggled. "You're right that serum... I feel all... warm and tingly."

"Nice, right?" Mariah smiled broadly.
    qsUxAxs.png
    "Kiss me," Miranda sighed.
    QemSxju.png

"Never stop kissing me."
    PTYIzEG.png

"I want to do something... more... with you" Mariah purred.
    rIxr0Le.png
    f3gzqo8.png
    5Q6niar.png
    0brQUco.png
    r5TJkXV.png
    DiaRRqR.png

"Wow," Mariah grinned. "Oh wow"

"We just..." Miranda said in wonder.
    caBeAts.png
    "Yeah," Mariah couldn't stop smiling. "That was..."

"Fantastic," Miranda agreed.
    J8cZZ6t.png

"Fantastic huh?" Mariah preened.

"Oh yeah," Miranda smiled.
    28kBscS.png

"Oh crap," Mariah said suddenly. "I've got to get home or Danielle will send out search parties."

"Ok," Miranda sighed. "I'll see you tomorrow."
    gRBMJMn.png
    "I'm just going to sit here until my legs work again."
    4ALd9F6.png
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    @luciusstorm Loved this! I didn't find it too long, at all! I got a kick out of this particular line: "You know dear, if you run into any trouble tonight I'll be happy... to step in."

Of course Judith would be happy to step in. LOL She can't stand NOT being in the Lime Light! Good job!
  • Options
    Two chapters down, two more chapters hopefully to come later today or tomorrow. Miranda and Mariah's story is heating up... but... well, you'll see.
  • Options

Warning - While I believe this chapter stays within the confines of the T rating, the later sections touch upon mature themes and concepts which may be disturbing to some readers. There is a second warning notice within the story if you want to avoid the worst of it. It is not my intent to sensationalize or trivialize these difficult topics. - L

Chapter 18 - Conversations and Revelations

"Well," Cassie sighed deeply, "we survived the Gala."

"And I didn't turn Judith Ward into a flamingo," Gwen added.

"Thanks for that," Cassie chuckled.
    hyn8ywX.png
    "Do you think we should tell the girls we're back?" Cassie continued.

"No," Gwen said cautiously. "I get the feeling they'd prefer their privacy."
    UbqQpA6.png

"Probably," Cassie grinned. "What do you think they're up to?"

"Well," Gwen said thoughtfully, "judging by the looks on their faces when they left... Do you remember that sleep-over we had when we were about that age. The time when you were very glad your dad didn't come into the bedroom?"

"He would have been..." Cassie laughed.
    ayrjH1A.png

"Wait!" She stopped suddenly. "You don't think they're... ?"

"We did at that age," Gwen replied.

"But Miranda's only..." Cassie said shocked.

"The same age we were," Gwen persisted.
    zUqu9Xo.png

"What are we going to do," Cassie moaned.

"Well, I think one of us should have a talk with her," Gwen said. "The Talk... We've been open and honest with her about these things all her life, but it's probably a good time to reinforce some lessons. I can if you'd rather..."

"No," Cassie sighed. "I'll talk to her. God knows what you'd tell her. We should probably make sure Danielle and Londyn know, too."

"Might be a good idea," Gwen agreed.
    UX00PZV.png

The next morning, Cassie sat Miranda down...

"So, I was hoping we could talk," She said.

"Sure mom," Miranda rolled her eyes. "What about?"
    hfNxhLC.png
    "Well, Gwen and I (OK, mostly Gwen) couldn't help but notice how... close... you and Mariah were getting lately. We thought it might be a good time to have a serious talk about..."
    bR6MlOO.png

"Oh!" Miranda gasped, then groaned. "Oh God... umm, yeah... I mean, no... Actually, well, yeah... Oh God..."

"So... you... heh," Cassie shifted uncomfortably. "Well, you know you can talk to me about... anything..."
    J4B7NSZ.png

The silence between them was certainly awkward but...
    zKTeBrU.png

"Well," Miranda said at last. "I guess there are some... things we can talk about..."
    zAxnRlq.png

As challenging conversations went, this was actually one of their better ones.
    r6b2OAb.png

Later, Cassie went to visit the Huntley's...

"We - Gwen and I - felt it would be a good idea to let you know," Cassie said. "We really like Mariah and we think she and Miranda are a good couple. We just want to make sure you knew that they seem to be becoming close... very, close."
    dQ0xAzq.png
    "Oh my," Danielle gasped. "I guess it was bound to happen sometime."
    BMK3z0F.png

"This could be good, really," Danielle continued. "Miranda is a lovely girl and they really seem to have built a positive relationship."
    oy9NgVo.png

"I worry," Londyn said, "You have to understand, Cassie, Mariah came to us from a very difficult situation..."
    iZqUdkV.png
    Warning
    "Mariah recognized her orientation as a young teen and she came out to her mother and step-father. She didn't have an easy relationship with them already, but she really wanted her mother to understand and accept her."
    u8jsh4j.png

"Instead, she rejected Mariah completely..."
    3mvg0MF.png

"She called her a monster and said she was sick and wrong inside."
    j6PpwSt.png

"Her step-father's reaction was even worse."
    oc8GKld.png

"Mariah only wanted to be accepted. Instead, her parents hurt her... very badly... until finally the state stepped in and removed her from that home."
    SArv6Nf.png

"By the time Mariah came to us," Londyn continued, "she was so torn up inside. We've been trying to show her what a loving, supportive family can be... but I know she still hears her mother's voice, calling her sick and wrong. Calling her a monster. She has... trouble... with relationships. I hope that, with Miranda, she's finally finding her self-worth... but I worry."
    KImUDvD.png
    Crap. What did I do? What did I do to her? I'm a monster. I'm a monster!
    MkUrX35.png
  • Options
    Warning - While I believe this chapter stays within the confines of the T rating, this entire chapter deals with mature themes and concepts which may be disturbing to some readers. Sorry, no funny parts this time. - L
    Chapter 19 - Diamonds into Dust, Lilith Czar

Every time I find something golden
    mMEnbio.png

I break away before itʼs even broken
    D6l1qO3.png

I run to keep my heart from falling
    ThRFVUU.png

Something that should last forever
    96zLPkp.png

Washed away like as if it never was
    uVQC758.png

Here I go again turning diamonds into dust
    7WWnm5n.png

I donʼt wanna run from this anymore
    pAGMgpa.png

I donʼt wanna live like this anymore
    wGvhU0J.png

Anymore
    sf48FW8.png
    Suicide is the leading cause of death for teens. If you, a friend or loved one, come to stand on that precipice, know that you are not alone. Even in the darkness, there are hands reaching out to help.

Find A Helpline

You are not alone. - L
  • Options
    Sorry to leave you here. There is more to come but these chapters have taken a lot to write.

Miranda and Mariah's story is not over. Wyrd brought them together for a reason.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,392 Member
    @luciusstorm Very well done.
    I feel like you're doing a magnificent job handling difficult subjects. Mariah has the perfect parent in Londyn to guide her through her situation. From dealing with the fears around coming out and the rejection. Danielle has never experienced that, her coming out was much different than Londyn's for several reasons. Danielle's family and friends instantly, and without a second thought rallied around her. That's not to say Danielle is incapable of helping Mariah, but Londyn has actually walked a nearly identical path. Neither one has dealt with depression or suicidal thoughts. Both of them are loving and accepting souls, and they are nonjudgmental. Knowing their personalities like I do there is nothing Mariah couldn't bring to them and talk about. They would move heaven and earth to help her. Mariah is in loving and caring hands.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143, thank you.
    I think that's the tragedy of where Mariah is right now. As is so often the case, when we're inside that dark place in our heads, she can't see the love and support that is there for her. Instead, she pushes the world away because she feels unworthy of that love. Fortunately, the people who love her aren't going to let go.
  • Options
    @luciusstorm
    That’s how London and Danielle are, once you’re in their heart they love you fiercely. They won’t turn their back on you no matter what. Londyn never reached that dark place, but she knows every other step on the journey that Mariah is on. Mariah couldn’t be in better hands.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143
    Now, if I can just convince Danielle that her bikini is maybe not the ideal outfit for expressing these emotions. I can get next chapters shot. Sometimes the game hands me the perfect facial expression... other times, swimwear.
  • Options
    @luciusstorm
    The older parallel dimension Danielle has a lot in common with the younger original. If you think she wears bikinis a lot you should see Summer. She’d wear a bikini 24/7 if she could. Liberty and Londyn wear bikinis frequently but not like the other two.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143
    Now, if I can just convince Danielle that her bikini is maybe not the ideal outfit for expressing these emotions. I can get next chapters shot. Sometimes the game hands me the perfect facial expression... other times, swimwear.

If you use MCCC you can quickly change the outfit.
  • Options
    Warning - While I believe this chapter stays within the confines of the T rating, this entire chapter deals with mature themes and concepts which may be disturbing to some readers. Sorry, no funny parts this time. - L
    Chapter 19 - Diamonds into Dust, Lilith Czar

Every time I find something golden
    mMEnbio.png

I break away before itʼs even broken
    D6l1qO3.png

I run to keep my heart from falling
    ThRFVUU.png

Something that should last forever
    96zLPkp.png

Washed away like as if it never was
    uVQC758.png

Here I go again turning diamonds into dust
    7WWnm5n.png

I donʼt wanna run from this anymore
    pAGMgpa.png

I donʼt wanna live like this anymore
    wGvhU0J.png

Anymore
    sf48FW8.png
    Suicide is the leading cause of death for teens. If you, a friend or loved one, come to stand on that precipice, know that you are not alone. Even in the darkness, there are hands reaching out to help.

Find A Helpline

You are not alone. - L

Thank you for the disclaimer under the second Spoiler. Yes, it is indeed a very serious problem. I hope you can find a more positive resolution to the story problem.

This was a very powerful piece. Good job.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal, thank you.

As for positive resolutions, that's the nice thing about fairy tales and fantasy - I've got three witches and the unbeatable power of love to conjure up a happy ending. I'd best get to that...
  • Options

Chapter 20 - Bonds of Love

"Miranda," Cassie glanced up from her computer, "what's wrong honey?"

"Mariah," Miranda sniffed back her tears, "she... she broke up with me."
    0Vmtaxd.png
    "I don't understand!" Miranda wailed. "Everything was so... and we'd just... I mean... we were in love."
    I0RtOKm.png

"... and she was going on about how it was wrong. How she was sick and a monster... I don't understand any of it!"
    HxLJctK.png

"Call Londyn," Gwen said to Cassie. "Call her now"

"I'm on it," Cassie nodded.

"What's happening?" Miranda gasped.
    UAfsrzG.png
    "Come here, Miranda," Gwen said gently. "I think I need to tell you some thing that Mariah's moms told us. You should know."

Meanwhile, Cassie dialed.
    E0oPvfm.png

"No, she hasn't come home yet," Londyn said. "Thank you for calling, Cassie. Please, let me know if you see her."
    VtQlJm7.png
    Mariah also wasn't answering her phone.
    DVx1UxZ.png

Londyn called everyone, letting them know they were worried and asking them to let her know the moment the saw Mariah.
    KoWl2TS.png

No answer, no news...
    l0yjT4i.png

"We'll find her," Danielle told her wife. "Liberty probably had the literal army out looking for her before you could say 'abuse of power.' We'll find her."
    SnnPefd.png

"I don't know what to do," Miranda sighed.

"What do you want to do?" Gwen said gently.
    AkCfThH.png
    "I want to find her," Miranda said. "To make sure she's OK."

"Then go to her," Gwen said.
    rYUaHBt.png

"I don't know where she is," Miranda groaned. "How do I..."

"You love her," Gwen replied gently, "and she loves you. You're hearts are bound, one to the other. You're a witch, Miranda. Let the bond of your hearts guide you. Go to her."
    rDkLuUG.png
  • Options

Chapter 21 - Monsters

"Let the bond of your hearts guide you. Go to her."

D8oq764.png
    "Miranda?" Mariah blinked though her tears. "What are you doing here? How did you find me?"

"Magic," Miranda replied, "and I was worried about you. Everyone's worried about you."
    B5nEuYP.png

"You should leave," Mariah moaned. "You're better off without me. The whole world would be better off without me!"

"Don't say that!" Miranda yelled back. "Don't even think that!"
    upQnDac.png

"It's true!" Marah snapped.
    P8np4fG.png

"Just get away from me, Miranda," Mariah sobbed as she fled. "Leave me alone!"
    I5x1aFb.png

"No," Miranda replied.
    WHKOZYE.png
    "OK, the magic thing is totally cheating!" Mariah yelled.
    fzqgrr7.png

"So stop running away and talk to me!" Miranda demanded. "First we make love, then you break up with me, then you disappear and I find you standing over a waterfall talking about the world being better off without you! Let me tell you something, Mariah... the world has different ideas about that!"
    ElHKcQk.png

"Don't you understand" Mariah sobbed, "it was wrong. What I did was wrong!"

"Loving me was wrong?!" Miranda threw back at her.

"Yes. No!" Mariah stammered. "I shouldn't have... I'm..."
    LzkStfh.png

"You're what?" Miranda demanded.

"I'm sick!" Mariah gasped. "I'm sick and wrong... my God, I gave you that serum. That's why you... You never would have done it if I hadn't."
    0xfExVj.png

"Ok, the serum was probably a dumb thing," Miranda allowed, "that we both did. You didn't force me to do anything. I had been thinking about us being together like that for days. I totally would have done it last night, with or without the dumb serum. Because I wanted to. Because I love you!"
    WxlsBs3.png

"You can't love me," Mariah sighed. "I'm a monster."
    MvFNztW.png

"Mariah," Miranda felt suddenly, strangely calm, "you're not a monster. I know monsters. I've looked into the eyes of monsters. I've felt a monster's breath on my face. Felt him rip into me and watched my own blood drip from his fangs. I've faced monsters. I've fought monsters. Mariah, you are not a monster."

"Then what am I?"
    OXpAwoh.png

"You're the girl I love. Please come home."
    pxDCQJ5.png
  • Options

Chapter 22 - Home

"Londyn and Danielle are really mad, aren't they," Mariah fretted.

"Maybe let other people tell you how they feel, instead of deciding for us," Miranda said with a sad smile. "I'll talk to you tomorrow."
    eVBiSaY.png
    "OK, that magic thing really is cheating," Mariah said to the empty air where Miranda had been a moment before.
    XZ4CIXQ.png

"Danielle, I..." she started.

"You're home! You're safe" Danielle threw her arms around Mariah.
    tV7OhHK.png

"Londyn, I know you're..." Mariah started again.
    sFo28YR.png

"We were so worried about you!" Londyn gasped as she embraced her.
    Ma7R1fJ.png
    "You guys aren't mad?" Mariah asked.
    vDxSVaX.png

"Darling, we were worried not angry," Londyn repeated.
    q04Qqsd.png

"Danielle and I are here for you, no matter what."
    D0Q9qaN.png
  • Options
    Well done, @luciusstorm. Good resolution to the problem, I enjoyed it very much.
  • Options

Chapter 23 - Afterward

Later...

"So, how have you been doing?" Miranda asked.

"I'm OK," Mariah replied. "Londyn and Danielle are being really supportive. They've also got me going to weekly counseling sessions, which is really... actually, they're not bad. I'm... working on things."
    I1FxkWh.png
    "Gwen came by a couple days ago," she continued.
    S6ytKLs.png

"She had a lot to say about yoga and mediation and self-esteem exercises. Kind of like my therapist really, only cooler. She's like... wise... isn't she?"
    douM4px.png

"Yeah well, she also talks to potted plants," Miranda said, "but mom and I think maybe the plants talk back to her, so..."
    4WQy1YM.png

"So, what have you been up to?" Mariah asked.
    mEJCgHE.png
    "Working on my tan," Miranda said.
    dNeCfa7.png

"Yoga, mediation, self-esteem exercises."
    muunH77.png

"Seriously?" Mariah laughed.

"Hey, I live with her," Miranda smiled. "Beside, it takes a lot to be this cool."
    24ENbMX.png

"You're not alone," Miranda added. "I'm working through stuff too."
    NGdT6CJ.png

"So, I guess this is goodbye," Mariah said. "You guys are leaving soon aren't you?"

"Yeah, we are," Miranda sighed. "Gwen needs to get home and the studio wants mom to start working on some movie."
    6JZ0lo9.png
    "We're never going to see each again, are we" Mariah gasped, throwing her arms around Miranda.
    tE5TZtB.png

"Of course we are," Miranda said. "We'll stay in touch and we'll find a way. We will."
    sBMBhrK.png

"But we won't," Miranda ranted to Gwen that night, "will we? We'll email each other. Maybe call once in a while and then... I'll never see her again."
    80c9RF5.png
    "Was it just one of your wyrd things? I had to fall in love with her, so I could find her and talk her down off that bridge?"
    uH3YqTw.png

"If that was true," Gwen said gently, "would it be so bad? You love her and, in loving her, you helped to save her."

"Yes!" Miranda cried. "No. I don't know!"
    y22vF6A.png

"If it matters," Gwen continued thoughtfully, "I think you love her because you love her... just like she loves you. Will you see her again? I think so. Will you love each other forever? I don't know. We can't see all ends... and wouldn't it be terrible if we could."
    8lMWuLh.png
  • Options

Interlude - The Witch and the Spy

On a secluded beach in Tartosa...

"I'm glad you agreed to meet with me," Gwen said.

"I owe Bella Goth a few favors," the Woman in Black replied. "She said you were looking for information."
    RyTHJVA.png
    "I know the Agency has been keeping on eye on the fall out since Bella broke up the Landgraab crime ring," Gwen said, "and I know that some of you know enough about what moves in the deeper shadows behind the ones you live in. I need to know what's happening and you see things I don't."
    ncWtSXx.png

"Interesting," the Woman in Black said, "so there are limits to the famed clairvoyance of the White Witch of Glimmerbrook."

"There are shadows I cannot look into," Gwen agreed, "and choices I cannot see beyond."
    KWBrH52.png
    "Well, there may be a few things I can tell," the Woman in Black allowed. "First, don't count the Landgraabs out yet. They may be indicted, but they're not convicted. Their organization still exists even if it's seriously weakened."
    nt8u09S.png

"The other crime families have started to move i," she continued. "Nick Alto appears to be rising as the new boss."
    ZDvuEgM.png

"But I expect what you really want to know concerns those deeper shadows. The Vatores were the leaders for taking over that community..."
    htl7eFT.png

"... but there seems to be another player as well. One who is rallying Straud's surviving followers, along with others who don't agree with the Vatores dietary limitations."
    rVR8k2k.png

"We don't know much about her or just how influential she is becoming, yet."
    ThcXV8N.png

"That's all I can give you, for now," she concluded. "Perhaps we can exchange information, as we each learn more."

"Perhaps," Gwen said carefully.
    HeQMrl8.png
    "It was good to see you again, Liberty," Gwen added as they parted.

"You too, Gwen," Director Lee-Rossi nodded.
    BtOqCBL.png
    With thanks to @DaniRose2143 and Under the Tartosan Sun for Liberty Lee, secret agent.
  • Options
    Well, that pretty much concludes our summer vacation in Tartosa. Now I need to figure out where I'm going from here... obviously, I have some ideas.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    @luciusstorm I’m sad to see the girls part company but hopefully love will find a way to bring them back together again. Your welcome, you did a wonderful job with Danielle, Londyn, and Liberty.
    I always knew JW was more then she seemed. A criminal mastermind doesn’t surprise me.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,205 Member
    That was a very beautifully written segment for Miranda and Mariah.
    Don't buy broken stuff
  • Options
    @mightysprite, thank you. I think I said once that I'd seen the ending for this arc from the start. I'm feeling like I managed to do it right. (Knock on wood)
  • Options
    So, loyal readers (I know there are at least three of you :) )... I find myself once again pondering the future of Wyrd Girls.

It's not a question of continuing the story, because I very much want to do that. I am wondering if I should continue the story here or shift over to a blog.

To me, the biggest virtue of staying here is you, my readers. I really appreciate your feedback and your support. There are also some forum features, like the Spoilers, which I find myself using as part of the narrative experience. Finally, while I find myself frequently chaffing at the Rated T restrictions, it does provide a narrative challenge. The biggest con of using the forums for me is that T rating... and, I'll be honest, my current frustrations with EA in general are also playing into this.

I think the biggest (maybe only?) virtue of going to the blog would be to throw off the T rating. It would give me more freedom to tell my story and to address some more mature topics head-on. The biggest con I see, is that I would risk losing you, my audience. There is also a risk that not being held to the T rating might make me sloppy... trading good storytelling for bad language and pictures. I'd like to think I can be better than that.

So, this is part where I ask for your feedback. Let me know what you think.