This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Wyrd Tales (updated Jul 12, '24)

Comments

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,832 Member
    Sorry for not replying more late yesterday, folks. I crashed hard. Feeling a bit better now.

@BlueSeaWaves
    Hmmm... good question. Is Felix downplaying things? If he is, did Bella ask him to as a further way to protect the girls or is he doing it for his own reasons? B)
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    Next week... Halloween in Willow Creek.

Teaser under the spoiler
    YeDbdtw.png

qQizMc0.png
  • Options
    Well, that's annoying... I tried sending the girls to prom and they won't go. Evidently, it's a bug. Everything looks perfect and they have the "prom date" trait right up until time for prom... but there's no "go to prom" popup and they both get mad each other for not getting an invitation.

Oh well, not part of the story. I've actually finished writing the story. I just thought it would make for some cute pictures.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,396 Member
    @luciusstorm I’m sure it will still be awesome.🙂
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143, thanks. Like I said, it's just a bit of fun. No big deal.

New chapter of Raven's Apprentice tomorrow morning. :)
  • Options
    Chapter 22

6yzroxx.png

"Halloween," Cassie said. "It's funny how when things really start to happen, they happen all at once..."
  • Options
    @luciusstorm
    If you're Carmilla everyday is Halloween. It's such a fun holiday. If you march to the beat of a different drum it's your day to be yourself and no one really questions you. It's tailor made for the girls.🙂
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143
    I love Halloween. I had a lot of fun picking out their costumes... because, really, they're dressed as themselves. :)
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,471 Member
    Physioday, but here finally.
    I might have laughed nervously, but any suggestion that I was struck by a sudden wave of jealousy toward my 12-year-old brother is not open for further discussion.
    You sure Cas? I would like to discuss about that :p

Oooh, more at Carmilla's, literally cannot wait! Awesome chapter!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu, welcome. :)
    For a geeky little kid, Alexander's a charmer... and Gwen wasn't the only person he charmed that Halloween. :)
    WIK0HkY.png

More at Carmilla's coming soon. New chapter on Friday.
  • Options
    Haha, he is a charmer, indeed B)
    More at Carmilla's coming soon. New chapter on Friday.
    YAY!
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,682 Member
    Ch. 22
    Lilian did an excellent job with her costume and hair 😃 I hope the Browns are well in present time.
    Aw Alexanders compliment, hehe its just a sweet comment Cas 😆
    I used to sleep over at an old home that randomly made sounds like footsteps or whispers, its very creepy. Camilla’s reaction, ofcourse she would be excited to try the seance again😆 If only it is Guidry.
    Excellent chapter🙂
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves
    Lilian is a talented woman (based loosely on my wife). It's no great spoiler from me to reveal that the Browns, in the present day, are indeed doing well. They're retired now. Still living in Foundry Cove but frequently travel and enjoy exotic vacations (in no small part due to Gwen and Cas being generous with their fortune).

Alexander is a sweet, charming, geeky kid. :) He's fun to write.

Carmilla is also fun to write. She is totally enthusiastic about the occult and mostly clueless. :D
  • Options
    Again, new chapter coming on Friday.

In fact, barring unforeseen circumstances, chapters every Wednesday and Friday from now until the end of Raven's Apprentice (which should be in mid-July).

• Options
    edited June 12
    @luciusstorm That's wonderful news as a reader. I hope it isn't bad news as a creator.
  • Options
    @luciusstorm That's wonderful news as a reader. I hope it isn't bad news as a creator.

@DaniRose2143, not at all. I was struck by a hurricane of inspiration last week, sat down and binge-wrote the whole rest of the story. Chapters 23 through 32, plus an epilogue, are all done... though still subject to minor edits... and just waiting for me to hit publish.

This is nice, because my real life is very challenging right now. So, I have the pleasure of being able to share my story without the stress of thinking "oh crap, I need to write a chapter for this week" and I can just play for a bit without any story-related plans or pressures.
  • Options
    Its sweet to hear that about Lillian. I’m so happy and relived to hear they’re well! Given the fate of other characters I was fearing the worse for them, happy its not the case☺️
    Can definitely tell that from how Alexanders written, he's great☺️
    Yay, exciting news 😃
  • Options
    Chapter 23

YP9bQSb.png

"Because, you know, when the first time you try to impress a girl by summoning the dead doesn't work out, the logical next step is to try again... on Halloween."
  • Options
    Awesome chapter :)
    Now language barrier comes in picture, It is hard for me to say in English what I want to. So I hope it is enough if I say awesome, very interesting chapter. You are great storyteller and cannot wait to see what's next :)
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu
    Thank you. I appreciate the compliment.

As an aside, I'm totally inept at languages other than my native English, so I'm impressed by anyone who can manage another language... especially English. I have just enough French to say "je ne parle pas francias" (and usually get that wrong). :)
  • Options
    @luciusstorm Awesome!😃
    I had a long day at work so my thoughts are a bit jumbled.

I'm left wondering again how much Edwards knows. 🤔 Cas' comment about him not being happy feels deeper than it appears at first. The underwear comment made me laugh. 🤭 It feels a lot more important than just a bit of dark humor. Nice touch about Guidry being a gentleman and not appearing during the sleepover. 🙂 I have my doubts about his always being so gentlemanly while he was alive.😛

By holding back some facts from Cas, Mortimer is partly to blame for what's happening. But how much did he know about how strong Cas is? And what effect did Gwen's presence have? Did she somehow influence things without even being aware that she was? Was the veil torn from this side by Cas? Or was it torn from the other side by something trying to reach Gwen? 🤔

I can't wait for the next chapter! 😃
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143, thank you
    Re. Edwards - it is never a good idea to underestimate how much the butler knows. :)

Re. Attire - is it perhaps significant that this time they were, as I said before, dressed as themselves.

Re. Guidry - maybe death has improved his manners. :D

Re. Mortimer - so many parents are guilty of trying to protect their children by hiding things from them. I don't think it ever ends well.

Re. the seance - such excellent questions... if only there was someone knowledgeable they could ask about such things. :)
  • Options
    Ch. 23
    "Because, you know, when the first time you try to impress a girl by summoning the dead doesn't work out, the logical next step is to try again... on Halloween,”
    Solid advice 👌
    Oh I’m glad Guidry appeared, I was thinking it would be someone else. Glad he was able to warn them, and great explanation.
    The part of them talking about restoring balance reminded me of the avatar restoring balance in Legend of Korra.
    Good luck gang 😎
    Can't wait for the next chapter
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves
    You remember me saying a while ago about how the game refused to go along with my plan, and I decided the game's idea was better? This is the spot. :) The game's idea was definitely better.
  • Options
    Next week...
    They've totally got this...
    DVWjSPm.png

... or not.
    kcqdU6o.png