Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Aspiration to Go With Paranormal Investigator Career? (decided)

FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
I really like the paranormal pack, but since it didn't come with a paranormal focused aspiration, I find I don't explore it as much as a I could. For instance, I haven't really spent much time with the paranormal investigator career, or had any sim really build their séance skill. I now have a sim I think I'd like to focus on that with and join the paranormal investigator career (she's already lived her whole young adult life in a haunted house, and is actually dating Guidry lol), so it seems a natural fit. She's already completed a couple aspirations, including Friend of the World, and I'm having a hard time picking her next one. What do you think is a good fit for the paranormal career (aside from Friend of the World which she's already done)? I also don't have every pack, so any aspirations that came with werewolves, cottage living, or wedding stories won't be on the table for me, at least for a while. (with poll options that list multiple possibilities, please comment specifying which one, and I'd love to hear your reasoning as well)

edit: decided after reading responses to do the bestselling author aspiration to get the book of life reward, but ALSO become a spellcaster and maybe do a magic aspiration later--but feel free to continue to add your votes and opinions, I think it's an interesting question, and may use other ideas for other sims/saves in the future!

My haunted house living sim thanks you too!
Su3UkDr.png
Post edited by FanPhoria on

Best Aspiration to Go With Paranormal Investigator Career? (decided) 22 votes

Fabulously Wealthy/Mansion Baron (generally money and career focused)
0%
One of the Occult aspirations from Vampires/Realm of Magic, or Werewolves too I suppose, who knows, give a good enough argument I might buy it lol (just to keep the supernatural vibe)
31%
simgirl1010mueller_liteashcrash19XxAirixXStarfreefae_brassQueenQuinn1117 7 votes
Curator (collect a lot of interesting curios)
36%
HeyYoDiscoNickDarkLady2788taydevannaliese39MDianaSimsDaWaterRatHandelDreamie 8 votes
Neighborhood Confidante (be a good influence on the world, banishing ghosts and all that)
18%
Alainar415StrangerthanelanorbretonEA_Mari 4 votes
Sorry, Friend of the World is by far the best, you should start over or find/make another sim with that aspiration to pursue the Paranormal career
0%
Other (specify and explain of course)
13%
EmmaVaneCybersbeRoseQuartz 3 votes

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2022
    Oops, I checked the wrong box.

I'd say one of the Spellcaster ones.

Spellcasters have a natural 10% boost and get a Focused moodlet when learning/practising the Medium skill.

Copypasto will be good for creating spectre offerings, and potions will help keep needs up. Scruberoo might help with slimes and floor marks too.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    edited July 2022
    One of the Occult aspirations from Vampires/Realm of Magic, or Werewolves too I suppose, who knows, give a good enough argument I might buy it lol (just to keep the supernatural vibe)
    Spellcaster. As @EmmaVane said, it makes learning the medium skill easier & faster and some of the spells/potions should help on gigs.
  • RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    Well, if you live in a haunted house too, you could always do "Perfectly Pristine," since you're cleaning up green goo puddles and stuff in the house anyways. :D
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    RoseQuartz wrote: »
    Well, if you live in a haunted house too, you could always do "Perfectly Pristine," since you're cleaning up green goo puddles and stuff in the house anyways. :D

Ah, I forgot to mention I don't have any of the kits! But that's certainly an interesting idea :D

And I didn't know that about spellcasters and the medium skill, thank you @Starfree & @EmmaVane, that certainly gives a strong argument for one of those! Any thought on whether spell slinger or potion master would be better, or about the same?
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2022
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    And I didn't know that about spellcasters and the medium skill, thank you @Starfree & @EmmaVane, that certainly gives a strong argument for one of those! Any thought on whether spell slinger or potion master would be better, or about the same?

The spell one might be better as the reward trait reduces charge gained from all sources by 30%, which will be handy if you end up being able to use lots of spells on a gig.

Other non-Spellcaster options are any of the ones that require you to make craftables regularly, as these can be offered to spectres as gifts.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I wish we had a paranormal aspiration too.

From your options I think Curator or any spellcaster aspiration fits well. I can imagine a paranormal investigator would enjoy collecting weird and wonderful things from around the world. I also think Bestselling Author would go well as they may enjoy writing about their work, which would help with the bills between gigs. The poetic reward trait fits too as this allows them to write the Book of Life which can resurrect ghosts.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited July 2022
    I wish we had a paranormal aspiration too.

From your options I think Curator or any spellcaster aspiration fits well. I can imagine a paranormal investigator would enjoy collecting weird and wonderful things from around the world. I also think Bestselling Author would go well as they may enjoy writing about their work, which would help with the bills between gigs. The poetic reward trait fits too as this allows them to write the Book of Life which can resurrect ghosts.

Ooh, I like the bestselling author idea! I had wanted my sim to get more into writing, and you're right, the book of life reward trait is very thematic. Tho that only works if you record their life BEFORE they die, yes? So wouldn't work for existing ghosts? Which might still be fine, as I'm not sure I'd want to resurrect TOO many lol.

I suppose one possibility would be to do the Author aspiration to get the book of life reward, and then just BECOME a spellcaster anyway, to get the benefit of the bonus and spells? Then I could always do a spellcaster aspiration later too. I think I'll do that actually, thank you everyone for your advice!
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited July 2022
    I haven't used the Book of Life yet, but I believe you're right. I think that's a great idea! I'm happy I could help. :)
  • CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    *Bangs head on desk* I didn't notice the occult option...

Anyways, I'm one of those people who did a Spellcaster for the Paranormal Investigator due to the passive boost.