Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Selling/Transferring items to other Sims Households

Hi, I've managed to create several Potions of Youth, Potions of Immortality, and Cloning Machines to keep my Sims alive, and I would like to also sell these things to other Sims. Would it be possible to create a store from one household, then play as a different household and buy those things? And if not, is there another way I can sell/transfer items to other households? Many thanks :)

Comments

• OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    edited July 2022
    Hi, I've managed to create several Potions of Youth, Potions of Immortality, and Cloning Machines to keep my Sims alive, and I would like to also sell these things to other Sims. Would it be possible to create a store from one household, then play as a different household and buy those things? And if not, is there another way I can sell/transfer items to other households? Many thanks :)

That's what I do. I have sims that may work in one career field and get items my other sims could use, so I just set up a store with the items in it and when playing my other sims just have them go there and buy them. The stores won't (or at least in my game), restock on their own though, you'll have to go back with the store owner to restock.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Transfer is pretty easy in Sims 4 (PC). I have no idea how to sell them, but sims from one household can visit other households and put objects from inventories there. They might also give potions as gifts.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    The store should work, but another option would be what I do for my bookstore. My writer sims are all friends with, and/or in a book club with, Mortimer Goth. Mortimer owns the only bookstore in-game. So from time to time, once my writer sims have several new books they've written I have them gift copies to Mortimer. Then every now and then I will play the Goth household, and have Mortimer make the rounds-- or start a club meeting at the bookstore-- so he can go around to each of them and pay them a commission. (I.e., do the "give friendly gift-simoleans" interaction.)

It's not the most efficient thing, but it does allow him to resell the books. It's not so much about the profit for either the writer sims or for Mortimer, though; it's more so that my other sims can buy and read the books that my writer sims have written. I always want new book titles, and I love that my sims can specialize in children's books, sci-fi, fantasy, romance novels, spy novels, political thrillers, poetry, etc. (Mostly just by choosing the title, of course, but I always have fun naming the books.)

Anyway, tl, dr: this might be how you could do things if you have more than one sim making potions and you don't want every single one of them to have to buy their own store.