Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post your ideas for better whims here

I know this gets talked about a lot, and there's other threads on this topic, but they're kind of old so I'm worried about it being considered "necroposting" *rolls eyes*. As someone who likes to play with whims, I'm nonetheless still very aware that there's a lot of room for improvement. Just a few brief thoughts off the top of my head right now:

the addition of a whim to adopt instead of just having try for baby

changing it so there are no longer any buy whims when off the home lot, and making those just less frequent in general

adding in some make an *insert emotion here* woodwork item and book whims along with the painting one--all my sims end up maxing out painting cause they want to paint almost every time they feel an emotion, which I don't mind TOO terribly, but would be nice to mix it up a bit with other things that have emotion options for specific creations.

adding whims to go on vacation to/visit more worlds than just granite falls--there's one for granite falls that comes up for a sim with the loves outdoor trait or when any sim gets tense, but no whim to visit anywhere else like that; what about a whim to visit selvadorada or just take a vacation in general when your sim is bored, or other stuff like that?

whims to move in with a best friend or significant other, or move out of the sim's parent's place after they reach adulthood

And many many more! Please feel free to add your own ideas!

Comments

• Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I like these ideas. Witches should have whims to learn or use spells, ie scruberoo if they're dirty. And I wish the geniuses would have whims to learn new stuff. It would be nice if they added a whim to use good powers when happy, and bad ones when angry- or get very mischievous when mad, ya know, just to get even.