Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show me your total lore makeover [for premade sims]

I need an inspiration. I am working on my own save file which will be my version of the "new game". My goal was to improve the lore of premade sims by adding new relations, likes and dislikes, new clothing and sometimes new careers but I dont feel any vibe with some of premade families. That is why I want to totally change those househoolds. For example I'm going to remake whole Evergreen Harbor radically. How have you changed premade families in your game?

Comments

• Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited July 2022
    When I do makeovers, I usually try to keep them kind of close to the spirit of the original (sometimes shifting things with intent of making the actual sim match CLOSER with what the in game bio says they're SUPPOSED TO BE LOL), so I don't know how "total" they are, but I've been going through and tweaking all the premades, sometimes changing traits, aspirations, careers, skills, ect, along with appearance IN SOME CASES. So, for example (and I'm just quoting from the description I wrote when I uploaded some of these to the gallery for some of these lol):

gENFNRq.png
    This version of Caterina Lynx is a freegan rather than a foodie, & works as a part time freelance writer while supplementing her food & income by catching fresh fish off the pier & growing a little garden in her backyard. All this gives her time to focus on the REAL most important thing in her life--her cats!

swgcTrL.png
    Based on his in-game bio--"a retired pilot who enjoyed...long flights across the world...skeptical of the residents of StrangerVille...means no harm...keeps to himself"-- I felt like making him a hot-headed public enemy was doing George Cahill kinda dirty, So, now he's adventurous instead, & his goal is solving the strangerville mystery. I also used cheats to put him in the military, promote him, and then have retire so he's ACTUALLY a retired pilot in my game haha.

DgJ7YZY.pngyA92ctb.png
    1RwEyyp.pngnMBS73O.png
    Marine biologist Makoa is working to preserve a strong future for his little Nani, while consummate hostess Lilliana's kava parties are legendary! They're also trying to make a welcoming home for Makoa's nephew Duane, who's moved in after his parents died tragically in boating accident

BxqiuC0.pngsGjGIOF.png
    Home Decorator Mele & Neighborhood Improvement Officer Alika are determined to make sure their neighborhood stays--& maybe even becomes more!--beautiful under their guidance. Top trend setters & policy makers on the Sulani scene, this ambitious, visionary Power Couple are sure to leave their mark on their island paradise home.

CCqp2Va.pngaSrz5p2.png
    For the Acolytes in Glimmerbrook, I literally switched their aspirations and spells and such, so now Tomax is the potion maker while Grace is more of the dueler of the two. I also changed some of their traits, making them a little more like "opposites" cause I thought that would be cute in terms of their friendship, and I also changed their day jobs, making Tomax a low level gardener and Grace a substitute teacher.

Anyway, I did a bunch of these, and uploaded a fair amount (tho not all) that I've done to the gallery already. It's a work in progress lol, but I'm hoping when I'm done to have a save set up exactly the way I like it that I can start with each time haha.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited July 2022
    I try not to change them much like their personality stays while they explore whichever story i found for them
    but basically every sim ever with cheerful trait is gonna either be evil or get wrecked eventually
    and idk why i keep doing that :lol: how dare you be cheerful not on my watch :triumph:

idk I just leave them be until my brain gives me ''this sim would be perfect for ___'' notification

as for likes and dislikes I just go by what they are wearing what their room has etc
    or just vibe like I bet Cassandra Goth would love metal music why wouldn't she
    pretty sure Angela Pleasant hates metal etc etc
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    I also try to stay close to their nature in game. Townies will be who they are designed to be with just minor tweaks when necessary. The Pancakes will always be the boring, regular folk, and the Goths will always have an air of mystery. I don’t usually change townie lore or personality settings if I’m not playing them. I also don’t do radical makeovers. No bulked up Bob Pancakes in my game.

As for my main sims, I’m playing mostly premade occults, with at least one premade of each permanent occult that I have being played. My self imposed rule is to stay true to the nature of the original while expanding the lore to meet my story. If I do makeovers, they will be very mild and the character will still look like themselves.

Guidry’s history is in BB object descriptions, and I think of him as a bit of a charming gentleman rogue with a New Orleans flair and a bit of self deprecating southern charm. I’ve given him extra interests in art, writing, and music, as well as the foodie trait that was already there.

Nalani Mahi’ai’s serial romantic aspiration was getting annoying because when I tried to establish friendships she kept flirting, so I changed it to the soulmate aspiration. Now that I have autonomous flirting modded off, I might be able to switch that back.

I’ve had to reboot my aliens recently, so I don’t have one that’s regularly played, right now.

The Vatores are my played vampires, with no changes except some wardrobe tweaks for Lilith.

Played Werewolves are Lux and Kristopher, with no changes at this time.

Morgyn Ember is my Spellcaster and one of my main sims. The custom settings seem to imply an actual physical neutrality, to me, rather than being gender identity related, so I have them as ace/androgynous in my game, and not human. The expanded lore is that Morgyn is the last of an ancient race that imparted magic to Spellcasters, The Arcane, and they are literally neither male nor female (Morgyn uses the he/him pronouns for ease of reference). As a result, Morgyn pursues and masters anything supernatural. I have given him a little makeover, because that baby face seemed a bit puffy at times when played, but I have not made hunky Morgyn or changed the custom settings so I could marry him off and have little Morgyn babies. He is who he is. I intend his wardrobe to be androgynous, but it leans masculine due to the game including chest shading in female tops. I did take out the ambitious trait once he achieved his magic goals, and replaced it with unflirty, to help keep him ace.
  • Options
    AalyahReedAalyahReed Posts: 209 Member
    This topic is relevant for me right now, as I am also building a custom save file for myself, redoing all the premades and lots to my specifications. It's a lot of fun, but also, it's taking forever!

When editing the premades, I make it a rule not to change their faces, with the exception of hair and makeup and accessories. I don't change their traits, as I have read removing traits doesn't always work, and the Sim can still get moodlets from removed traits even after they are gone. That being said, I do have a mod that allows me to give extra traits to each Sim, so I can make their personalities more to my liking. I've been playing the Sims franchise for 22 years, so I have preconceived ideas about a lot of the recurring premades. For premades that have appeared in previous games, I use the Sims Wiki to look up traits and other info, and kind of blend them together to make their latest version in the Sims 4. Sometimes there are inconsistencies, with things like eye colour or hair colour in previous games.

I've always really enjoyed playing premades (they are like old friends at this point) and then I add in some extra characters of my own into the mix.

I've been working on the Goth / Crumplebottom / Bachelor family for several weeks now because I want the premade Sims 4 Goth family to have all their extended relatives!

I wish you luck editing your save file - it's a big job, but I know it will be worth it in the end!

• Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I generally dont play with premades with a few exceptions. I usually change their appearance but I also try to stay true to who they are.
    I changed the bailey-moons into vampires. In my storyline they got approached by a vampiric lady who tries to accumulate power by turning celebrities and other powerful people into vampires. Thorne is handling better out of the two as he is more level headed. Octavia on the other hand has a real problem dealing with her newfound thirst. She often attacks her personel. I removed their child because it didnt fit to the story. At some point they both got murdered by my vampire hunter but they were later accidentally resurrected by a spellcaster medium who did some ghostbusting in the haunted mansion they used to live.
    I got my own versions of the Caliente sister who are more similar to the TS2 counterparts. I play with them in many different saves. They usually try to make it big as celebrities.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2022
    I'm also working on my own save file.

Premades I don't mess with genetics unless TS4 has done a sim dirty. Sims from previous series I look to The Sims wiki and base outfits, hairstyle, hair/eye/skin color, traits, skills, career, relationships off of that info. For likes/dislikes I look at traits and skills to determine what's fitting. I'm light on likes/dislikes leaving some things blank so there's room for story development.
    This was my first premade makeover for this save file. I still need to go back and change skintones. Yes Bellas hair is a bit off but it's important these makeovers still fit my personal taste.
    sGYrdGj.png
    R3gXPq8.png
    jtuqUPC.png
    Z1wBJNI.png
    Dqaj7U8.png

Lots Most lots I'd rather renovate what's already there instead of building from the ground up. I have a few creators I follow on the Gallery so I can use their EA lot renos but I'm really picky. I've found that I'm better off doing the renovations myself for the most part. It takes longer of course but if I have the time I can get 1-2 lots done in a day. My building skills are improving and I'm learning so many neat building tricks.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    AalyahReedAalyahReed Posts: 209 Member
    I should also add some interesting lore I've seen other players create for Sims 4 specific Sims that I really like is to make Brent Hecking (Cats & Dogs) and Becca Clarke (DU) related, since they look so similar, as well as giving Diego Lobo (City Living) some relation to Wolfgang Munch (Get Together) for the same reason.