Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pretty bored with TS3 right now

It's crazy but I'm pretty bored with TS3 right now, eventho I'm a litteral beach (not the actual beach) for TS3. I just feel like I've been there and done that. And what's even crazier, is that I used to hate TS4, but now I'm actually having lot of fun playing it. Anybody else in that same position?
Lu4ERme.gif

Comments

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited July 2022
    Not at all. I've been playing TS3 pretty consistently for the last 2 years (before that on and off since 2011) and I've never had more fun with the game than now. There truly is an endless amount of scenarios and situations you can play out in game and a great way to start those off would be with lifetime wishes. I doubt you've completed all the LTW's (there's over 80), those can open so many doors for new gameplay and opportunities. Also, the modding community has never been stronger that it is now and there's so much CC that you can completely transform how the game looks.

With TS3 I don't have to 'try' and make the game fun, I just give it a nudge the fun plays out for me. I can't say the same for TS4 which requires me to constantly be 'in control' because nothing spontaneous ever happens. I've tried TS4 with many mods to fix personality/emotions/autonomy yet it's still not enough for me, good thing TS3 is always there for me. :)
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    If you are bored of the game take a break from it and play what you enjoy. There's nothing wrong with walking away for a while (or permanently) if that's where your gaming path takes you.

I have been playing The Sims 3 continuously since 2012 and I have yet to grow tired, bored or uninterested in it. There's just so much to explore, discover and do even over a decade later. I have never touched The Sims 4 (not even in demo), so I have no opinion about the game. Still, if The Sims 4 is where your gaming enjoyment lies, by all means do go and enjoy that, The Sims 3 will be waiting for you when (and if) you decide to return.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    mw1525 wrote: »
    If you are bored of the game take a break from it and play what you enjoy. There's nothing wrong with walking away for a while (or permanently) if that's where your gaming path takes you.

I have been playing The Sims 3 continuously since 2012 and I have yet to grow tired, bored or uninterested in it. There's just so much to explore, discover and do even over a decade later. I have never touched The Sims 4 (not even in demo), so I have no opinion about the game. Still, if The Sims 4 is where your gaming enjoyment lies, by all means do go and enjoy that, The Sims 3 will be waiting for you when (and if) you decide to return.

Yeah thank you! I feel kinda guilty not enjoying TS3 as much as I did...
    Astro wrote: »
    Not at all. I've been playing TS3 pretty consistently for the last 2 years (before that on and off since 2011) and I've never had more fun with the game than now. There truly is an endless amount of scenarios and situations you can play out in game and a great way to start those off would be with lifetime wishes. I doubt you've completed all the LTW's (there's over 80), those can open so many doors for new gameplay and opportunities. Also, the modding community has never been stronger that it is now and there's so much CC that you can completely transform how the game looks.

With TS3 I don't have to 'try' and make the game fun, I just give it a nudge the fun plays out for me. I can't say the same for TS4 which requires me to constantly be 'in control' because nothing spontaneous ever happens. I've tried TS4 with many mods to fix personality/emotions/autonomy yet it's still not enough for me, good thing TS3 is always there for me. :)

Of course there's still so many things I haven't tried from Ambitions & World Adventure. But that's usually not my kind of gameplay since I'm more ''family'' oriented.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I get that way, sometimes. It starts to feel monotonous. That's when I try a challenge or go on building sprees :D I'm doing the Rebuild The World challenge right now and it's a lot of fun. It's not like my usual gameplay at all so it's a nice change when things get stale. Either I try that or I take a break from playing altogether for awhile (until I see a super neat house that I bet I could totally build lol) <3
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    Try playing TS4 to remind yourself why TS3 is so great.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I was in a similar situation some months ago. I just could not enjoy playing any of the sims games so i spent my gaming time playing other stuff. I thought i had outgrown the sims and was never gonna have fun playing it again. That had me feeling worry and guilt because i used to consider it my all time favorite, and it was hard to accept that i might stop being a simmer. Well, now i am back to playing and my love for it rekindled, maybe one day the same thing will happen to you with sims 3, or maybe it wont, and that is okay. Like the other poster said, nothing wrong with walking away from something you used to enjoy. Hey, you had your fun with it for years and maybe created lots of great memories along the way, isn't that what counts? and who knows, maybe if sims 5 gets released i will stop playing 3 as well, but it will stay a special game to me and i will remember it with love.
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Meh, when my game starts feeling like a boring chore I stop playing it. I love my sim family and I know they will be there if or when I decide to play again. At the moment I'm in a creative period and really enjoying my game. :) Nothing is wrong with enjoying other games, including Sims 4. :tongue:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    Nothing wrong with taking a break. I do it all the time. I've been playing TS3 since it came out. I take breaks and play other games when I feel bored.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Yes, this happens to me from time to time! Sims 3 is definitely the best game I've ever played, but the very thing that makes it so good - the endless possibility of customization - means that I pour a lot of creative energy into it and then, occasionally, it starts feeling like a chore. Then I go on a hiatus, and the last one has lasted several months.
    I do often play Sims 4 in the meantime. It loads quickly and feels like a much simpler game, more like a game for children than Sims 3 is, and there is nothing wrong with that - sometimes that's exactly what I need!
  • jonesyKSjonesyKS Posts: 204 Member
    I have over 12k hours played so I often get this. Lately I've been playing with more occults (mostly fairies) - Supernatural is the reason why I bought Sims 3 but hadn't played many except vampires and witches. I've found some great new play ideas on the Sims 3 Reddit board as well.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    edited July 2022
    I've always had this problem where ts3 just feels like been there done that
    even when i literally have not been there doing that at all
    like what did i even do in ts3 no freaking idea

don't have same issue with ts4 though
    and its getting more and more fun each family

I feel like its probably just because ts3 sims look so uninteresting to me no matter what they do
    there is really no connection the same way i have with other sims games sims
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    I was in a similar situation some months ago. I just could not enjoy playing any of the sims games so i spent my gaming time playing other stuff. I thought i had outgrown the sims and was never gonna have fun playing it again. That had me feeling worry and guilt because i used to consider it my all time favorite, and it was hard to accept that i might stop being a simmer. Well, now i am back to playing and my love for it rekindled, maybe one day the same thing will happen to you with sims 3, or maybe it wont, and that is okay. Like the other poster said, nothing wrong with walking away from something you used to enjoy. Hey, you had your fun with it for years and maybe created lots of great memories along the way, isn't that what counts? and who knows, maybe if sims 5 gets released i will stop playing 3 as well, but it will stay a special game to me and i will remember it with love.

Yeah you're probably right. Plus I'm entering my ''adulthood'' now so maybe it's not that bad finally. But it's true that playing a game for many years gets kinda boring, and probably a new iteration would revive that flame...Let's say if TS5 is good. :smiley:
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    Yes, this happens to me from time to time! Sims 3 is definitely the best game I've ever played, but the very thing that makes it so good - the endless possibility of customization - means that I pour a lot of creative energy into it and then, occasionally, it starts feeling like a chore. Then I go on a hiatus, and the last one has lasted several months.
    I do often play Sims 4 in the meantime. It loads quickly and feels like a much simpler game, more like a game for children than Sims 3 is, and there is nothing wrong with that - sometimes that's exactly what I need!

Yep right on spot! That's the reason why I enjoy TS4 more nowadays. It looks so pretty that it makes me wanna play it and since it's smooth it's easier to escape, in a way.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I don't like the looks of TS4. It's so blurry and reminds me of cheaper games. It's too simple to play and not pleasing to me at all. And yes, I do keep trying to play it (about every other month) but it just won't stick.

Mostly I play TS2 because while it is simpler in looks, it is more open in game play and harder to play.

I've actually had the urge to get back into playing TS3 and have reinstalled just base game. I've redone one world to base level so I can play it. Now, while I love the look of the worlds and the feel of the game, the Sims grate on me a bit. A lot of their facial movements grate on me. I don't know why. :( Yet I still rather play TS3 then TS4.

I've also been talking myself out of starting up the Sims just for some real struggle. I have such a hard time making friends in the Sims. Lol!

I just rotate playing the games I want and not worry about feeling like I'm not a Simmer. :mrgreen:
    Also, if I want a quick game I'll start up a Microsoft Mahjong.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Like eating a Reeses peanut butter cup, there is no wrong way to enjoy playing games. I have 3 and 4, and if I get sick of one, I do the other. Get sick of Sims, do something else.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited July 2022
    When I get tired of playing the Sims, I go kill Imps.
    C0B96995-739C-4B61-BD2D-700EF0A53DC8.jpeg
    Provides for hours of endless distraction.

That my Jedi Consular has the same red hair and green eyes as River is just a coincidence…

…really. 😁
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    12 years and still not bored :D
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I have never gotten tired of the sims 3 or 2. I will say that I tried sims 4 but just can't seem to stick with it. I don't like some things like when the sims paint, they do not have any paint with them. everything is too quick, not challengeable, everything is just too quick. I have never even been able to do one generation. Love sims 3 and 2.
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Even though I love both the sims 2 and 3, I too sometimes have days where I don't feel like playing them. Luckily, I have many other games that I like.

If you do get bored then just play something else. Otherwise, just change the way you play, play a different family (rotational play in sims 2) or wait a while.

Time heals boredom.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    edited July 2022
    When I first got into Sims 3, I went to town with the designer feature. Later, having added all the content, with some mods and NRAAS. It kinda bogged the game down for me... I really enjoyed Sims 3 too, but there was too much.

Too many worlds, too many traits; while all that was fun, don't get me wrong, it was fun. The tendency of the game to practically beat your sims door down at the beginning with University and the Future content was kind of annoying.

I loved the Sims 3, but the character creation as far as what one can do in regards to facial feature adjustment is limiting. Sims 4 push/pull creation is so much easier...

But I definitely sympathize as far as game performance issues and what not...

And if I have to mention sims 2, I miss that one as well. Takes a fair amount of hoops to get it running tho with modern computers. But I miss messing with the Curious trio and seeing how many alien babies I can torture them with. One game I had Pascal up to I think it was 10 or more Alien offspring... Ah, those were the days....
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Same here on 4, it just doesn't hook me like 3 did.

But 3 has its limits, I kinda want to build a vampire Sim that maxes out on all skills and tries to dominate things, but then the game would never run.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @McTosh I too have been playing the sims 3 from the very beginning and I am still playing and still not bored, it seems they are different every time I play. Love the Sims 3

• blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    Part of the issue for me is the way the game tends to start legging after a couple game days.... I get annoyed by that...
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • faceface Posts: 21 Member
    > @blaq797 said:
    > When I first got into Sims 3, I went to town with the designer feature. Later, having added all the content, with some mods and NRAAS. It kinda bogged the game down for me... I really enjoyed Sims 3 too, but there was too much.
    >
    > Too many worlds, too many traits; while all that was fun, don't get me wrong, it was fun. The tendency of the game to practically beat your sims door down at the beginning with University and the Future content was kind of annoying.
    >
    > I loved the Sims 3, but the character creation as far as what one can do in regards to facial feature adjustment is limiting. Sims 4 push/pull creation is so much easier...
    >
    > But I definitely sympathize as far as game performance issues and what not...
    >
    > And if I have to mention sims 2, I miss that one as well. Takes a fair amount of hoops to get it running tho with modern computers. But I miss messing with the Curious trio and seeing how many alien babies I can torture them with. One game I had Pascal up to I think it was 10 or more Alien offspring... Ah, those were the days....

This is such an interesting take because I have always felt the exact opposite about character creation. People always talk about how much easier it is to make sims in the 4th game, and I agree, but they all end up looking the same. Unless you make an intentionally eye-catching sim with green skin and a nonexistent chin, the sims in The Sims 4 look more or less related. I always had to do a double take when seeing sims from the 3rd game and it could take a while to figure out if it was a sim or a character from a non-related game. There's so much more potential for individuality.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    Some wonderful suggestions have been given. :star:

I would say if you're feeling bored with it and/or you don't know what to do next, but still want to play... Try Sims 3 challenges! :grin: Seriously, there are some good ones out there (some have rules that are too strict for my tastes, but I'm sure you'll find one to your liking that you'd like to attempt. :) ) Doing a challenge is what saved me from Sims 3 boredom back in 2014 and while doing it I ended up telling a story with it and discovered my love for writing stories using the Sims. (I found a way to combine my two favorite talents. :star: ) I've got a whole blog devoted to my Sim stories now. :lol::mrgreen:

So yeah do a Google search for Sims 3 challenges and see if one tickles your fancy. It'll take gameplay to a whole new fun level. :blush: And the spark will be reignited.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I think the Sims games are pretty easy to get burnt out on, especially when you're not playing the newest game and there's no new content coming out to play with/get excited about. I tend to jump between 4 and 3 as well just as there is still new things coming to 4 that I haven't already got to play with yet so I can do totally new things with my gameplay. Whereas 3 I've had all the packs for a long time, I've played with pretty much everything in this game and there's nothing else coming out so I find it easier to get burnt out as I just end up doing the same things every save. I think to stay invested in this game long term you either need to have a lot of creativity or just take breaks and do other things, I always find myself enjoying the game a lot more when I pick it up again after not playing it for a few weeks/months.